Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2011, 12:52:36 AM
Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2011, 12:39:28 AM
I read something a few years ago that Mr Ferguson is "consumed" by winning the Champions League, yet the fans seem more interested in the EPL, go figure.

When Fergie arrived at OT in 86 he said i came here to knock liverpool (18 league titles to United's 7) Off Their F***ing Perch. thats why we are more interested in EPL & why Fergie will retire a happy man.

I always shed a quiet tear when I hear pseudo-Utd fans quote that. Cos he said it in 2002.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Quote from: Boycey on February 06, 2011, 12:57:45 AM
I read something a few years ago that Mr Ferguson is "consumed" by winning the Champions League, yet the fans seem more interested in the EPL, go figure.

So ONeill read somewhere that he's eaten up by Wengers "invincibles" and you read someone he's "consumed" by winning the CL  :D :D.

Go figure

I don't think you're really getting it atall are you. Anyway, I once read that Fergie dressed up in his granny's underwear. It may also have been on here. Maybe by me. Right now.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2011, 01:00:08 AM

When Fergie arrived at OT in 86 he said i came here to knock liverpool (18 league titles to United's 7) Off Their F***ing Perch. thats why we are more interested in EPL & why Fergie will retire a happy man.

I always shed a quiet tear when I hear pseudo-Utd fans quote that. Cos he said it in 2002.

Liverpool were long knocked off their perch in 2002 thats why he felt the need to repeat the quote in an interview! though united fans & i'm sure fergie will want to make it official sooner rather than later

BTW pseudo-Utd fan please your not the Dinny of this board your better than that.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: ONeill on February 05, 2011, 07:43:15 PM
What a day! Disappointment to total relief. Arsenal totally lacking balls when the Newcastle crowd tried to create a cauldron at 1-4. Can't blame the officials for being 4-0 up after 67 mins and not winning.

However, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

Thank God!!

STREET FIGHTER

Winning cups along the way is added bonus.

He'll never be an invincible.

Dinny Breen

Quoteas everyone is probably aware by now im a neutral (forest fan) but i love football, especially the premier league, as most people do, but even though fergie, mourinho, etc etc have their faults, Wenger is an absolute w**ker.

Is that not a paradox?

Wenger suffers from a refusal to be critical of his team in public (All managers do it but somehow this is used as a constant stick to beat him with) but is honest on every other question and has an opinion on everything so the media love him because he's a rent a quote and he's foreign the anti-little englander.

Wenger was very similar to Fergie in that both were consumed by winning and both had philosophies of attractive high tempo football, they have taken different paths in recent years with Fergie it's now just about the winning (driven more by the greedy owners) and now his team is essentially a long ball side with no guile in midfield apart from an aging Scholes and Giggs but it's effective as he has instilled a fantastic work-rate in aveage footballers such as Fletcher, Anderson, Carrick and Park etc and they have this belief because they play for Man United, all great sporting cultures have that belief, something money can't buy.

With Wenger it now seems to be more winning in the right way (is there such a thing?) and his project is a thing of beauty in full flow and when you consider the economics behind it truly amazing but when it goes wrong such as yesterday Wenger and his supporters will roll out the excuses and refuse to accept that perhaps they're other uglier ways to winning and that rather than blame a perhaps flawed philosophy and a mental fragiliity which is perhaps due more to the age profile that anything else (I think last season Arsenal threw away 2 goal leads against Villa, West Ham and Wigan).

It galls me to see Mourhinho mentioned in the same breath as  Wenger and Fergie, those two have created legacies, if they were women they would be marriage material, Mourhino looks good and would be a a bit of fun for a couple of years but with him on your arm you'd lose yoiur friends and family and once you broke up you'd just stumble from bad relationship to bad relationship and eventually hit the bottle and die a lonely man...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2011, 01:39:25 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 06, 2011, 01:00:08 AM

Liverpool were long knocked off their perch in 2002 thats why he felt the need to repeat the quote in an interview! though united fans & i'm sure fergie will want to make it official sooner rather than later

BTW pseudo-Utd fan please your not the Dinny of this board your better than that.

When/where was the original quote? Accuracy please, on this thread.

ONeill

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 06, 2011, 09:01:07 AM
if they were women they would be marriage material, Mourhino looks good and would be a a bit of fun for a couple of years but with him on your arm you'd lose yoiur friends and family and once you broke up you'd just stumble from bad relationship to bad relationship and eventually hit the bottle and die a lonely man...

Yea, and she'd grow a beard probably.

FermGael

Arsenal defensive record is excellent whenever Djourou plays.
He was subbed yesterday after Arsenal were 4-0 up.
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

ross4life

Quoteas everyone is probably aware by now im a neutral (forest fan) but i love football, especially the premier league, as most people do, but even though fergie, mourinho, etc etc have their faults, Wenger is an absolute w**ker.

Wenger was very similar to Fergie in that both were consumed by winning and both had philosophies of attractive high tempo football, they have taken different paths in recent years with Fergie it's now just about the winning (driven more by the greedy owners) and now his team is essentially a long ball side with no guile in midfield apart from an aging Scholes and Giggs but it's effective as he has instilled a fantastic work-rate in aveage footballers such as Fletcher, Anderson, Carrick and Park etc and they have this belief because they play for Man United, all great sporting cultures have that belief, something money can't buy.

You don't watch many united games do you? even yesterday in the mud of Molineux united kept the ball down & tried to play football but where outfoxed by Wolves long ball tactics & relying on setpieces to score goals

Sure Uniteds standard of play is no where near of recent years (hard to keep up the the incredible high standards they set in the early 90s) but reading your posts you would be lead to believe United have been playing similar football to Birmingham or Stoke city?

The likes of Fletcher, Park etc average? the same guys that have won it all & to think a fellow poster called for accuracy on this thread

Anyways I'm off to Longford to see real muck football where winning is all the matters in the hell-hole of Division 4.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mike Tyson

Quote from: ross4life on February 06, 2011, 12:04:55 PM

You don't watch many united games do you? even yesterday in the mud of Molineux united kept the ball down & tried to play football but where outfoxed by Wolves long ball tactics & relying on setpieces to score goals

Sure Uniteds standard of play is no where near of recent years (hard to keep up the the incredible high standards they set in the early 90s) but reading your posts you would be lead to believe United have been playing similar football to Birmingham or Stoke city?

The likes of Fletcher, Park etc average? the same guys that have won it all & to think a fellow poster called for accuracy on this thread

Anyways I'm off to Longford to see real muck football where winning is all the matters in the hell-hole of Division 4.

Were you watching the same match as the rest of us?

stew

Arsenal will not win the league any time soon, they simply dont have the bottle and that was a complete choke job yesterday, yeah the ref got a decision wrong but that should not have mattered, to conceed four in  less than twenty minutes is a disgrace for a club that have a four goal lead, especially a great footballing side like arsenal.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

gerry

1st team in premiership history to go unbeaten away from home

1st team in premiership history to go unbeaten all season

1st premiership team in history to drop points when leading by 4 goals

Yes The ARSENAL. Unbelievable!!!!             
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

new devil

What was the name of the trophy that Arsenal won for going the season unbeaten?? I've looked everywhere online and can't find it  ???

downtown

There were  nicknamed the invincibles and won the invisable trophy which they still have to this day!!!

No other team is gona take their trophy this yr either!! lol  ;)