Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Boycey

Quote from: muppet on February 05, 2011, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: under the bar on February 05, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
QuoteHowever, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

That would be akin to Roger Federer failing to emulate Greg Rudetski!

When Arsenal's titles are counted up the only further stat that will count is that they haven't managed to retain one.    No need to ask why.

Funny you should mention Federer. Along with Woods they set targets of beating and setting all of the records within their games. Kilkenny and Kerry will forever think of 2010 and 1982 respectively, not because of the individual title. That is what most at the top of their games do.

It is likely Ferguson does too, but then we have loads of posters here who can tell us exactly how he sleeps never mind how he thinks.

At least O'Neill admits he's being petty you are still clinging to the thought that when Fergie retires despite all he's won he'll think dammit Arsene has a longer unbeaten run than me my lifes incomplete.

muppet

Quote from: Boycey on February 05, 2011, 10:39:23 PM
Quote from: muppet on February 05, 2011, 09:37:44 PM
Quote from: under the bar on February 05, 2011, 09:31:06 PM
QuoteHowever, Fergie will retire having failed to emulate the great Wenger team of 03/04. ANd that makes me very, very happy.

That would be akin to Roger Federer failing to emulate Greg Rudetski!

When Arsenal's titles are counted up the only further stat that will count is that they haven't managed to retain one.    No need to ask why.

Funny you should mention Federer. Along with Woods they set targets of beating and setting all of the records within their games. Kilkenny and Kerry will forever think of 2010 and 1982 respectively, not because of the individual title. That is what most at the top of their games do.

It is likely Ferguson does too, but then we have loads of posters here who can tell us exactly how he sleeps never mind how he thinks.

At least O'Neill admits he's being petty you are still clinging to the thought that when Fergie retires despite all he's won he'll think dammit Arsene has a longer unbeaten run than me my lifes incomplete.

Why does it bother you though?

You can't let it go that someone somewhere might think Fergie had a bad day.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

I honestly do think it eats Fergie up. He knows that Wenger achieved something he probably never will. I think I read it somewhere though not sure where. May have been on here by a poster.

It might be a blessing in disguise for Utd. They could've become all defensive to protect the unbeaten run which they've now failed in. Now they can let loose with Gibson an all.

Back to the Gunners - what did today tell us - that the soft underbelly is still there. It never went away as it's still the same players. Amazing that they're only four off the pace.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

under the bar

Ferguson, Wenger et al are in the trophy business.  That's all they are concerned about.  Unbeaten runs, winning streaks, cleans sheets etc are merely for fans to self-satisfy themselves with.

muppet

Quote from: under the bar on February 06, 2011, 12:28:31 AM
Ferguson, Wenger et al are in the trophy business.  That's all they are concerned about.  Unbeaten runs, winning streaks, cleans sheets etc are merely for fans to self-satisfy themselves with.

Not money?
MWWSI 2017

Hoof Hearted

as everyone is probably aware by now im a neutral (forest fan) but i love football, especially the premier league, as most people do, but even though fergie, mourinho, etc etc have their faults, Wenger is an absolute w**ker.

I love Arsenal as a team, and i hope they win the league, but this tool is becoming increasingly hard to listen to. "I did not see it" is obviously a famous phrase but after midweek, according to Moyes, I did not hear it seems to be a new phrase. No sympathy for him today, just the team, cause i hate them geordie bastards
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

ONeill

Quote from: under the bar on February 06, 2011, 12:28:31 AM

Nonsense. Huddersfield won a few titles in the 20s but who remembers that? 

Minder

I read something a few years ago that Mr Ferguson is "consumed" by winning the Champions League, yet the fans seem more interested in the EPL, go figure.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on February 06, 2011, 12:37:04 AM
as everyone is probably aware by now im a neutral (forest fan) but i love football, especially the premier league, as most people do, but even though fergie, mourinho, etc etc have their faults, Wenger is an absolute w**ker.

I love Arsenal as a team, and i hope they win the league, but this tool is becoming increasingly hard to listen to. "I did not see it" is obviously a famous phrase but after midweek, according to Moyes, I did not hear it seems to be a new phrase. No sympathy for him today, just the team, cause i hate them geordie b**tards

Have it admit I didn't know you were a neutral nor a Forest fan. Actually didn't know you were a soccer fan. I did know you posted on here. Honestly thought you were from Connaught or maybe even America.

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on February 06, 2011, 12:39:28 AM
I read something a few years ago that Mr Ferguson is "consumed" by winning the Champions League, yet the fans seem more interested in the EPL, go figure.

When Fergie arrived at OT in 86 he said i came here to knock liverpool (18 league titles to United's 7) Off Their F***ing Perch. thats why we are more interested in EPL & why Fergie will retire a happy man.

Winning cups along the way is added bonus.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Mike Tyson

Back to today's match. Thought it was a wild bit of officiating from Phil Dowd. Think Wenger and Wilshire have every right to be pissed off

Boycey

So ONeill read somewhere that he's eaten up by Wengers "invincibles" and you read someone he's "consumed" by winning the CL  :D :D.

Go figure

muppet

Quote from: Boycey on February 06, 2011, 12:57:45 AM

So ONeill read somewhere that he's eaten up by Wengers "invincibles" and you read someone he's "consumed" by winning the CL  :D :D.

Go figure

Hmmmm if I were Doctor House I'd say..........Necrotizing fasciitis
MWWSI 2017