Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Opposition manager tries to deflect from a defeat what a shocker..

Good to see Wenger has hearing issues to add to his blindness...
#newbridgeornowhere

johnneycool

Quote from: muppet on February 02, 2011, 12:15:19 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2011, 12:09:10 AM
Heard someone going on about 'first phase' and 'second phase' but surely as soon as the ball left the assist's feet the flag should have gone up.

Bit of a palaver afterwards with Moyes saying Cesc's abuse of the ref in the tunnel at HT was a red card incdient. Cesc is very ratty these days.

If that was Wenger they would be asking him if he saw the offside.

Saha was offside when the pass was made. The fact that it wasn't a perfect pass and the defender got a toe to it doesn't change that. Do the authorities want the defender to be afraid to play the ball?

Moyes was asked on Sky and he said it was offside but the assistant didn't give it. what do you want him to say? That he never saw it perhaps.

muppet

Quote from: johnneycool on February 02, 2011, 09:32:04 AM
Quote from: muppet on February 02, 2011, 12:15:19 AM
Quote from: ONeill on February 02, 2011, 12:09:10 AM
Heard someone going on about 'first phase' and 'second phase' but surely as soon as the ball left the assist's feet the flag should have gone up.

Bit of a palaver afterwards with Moyes saying Cesc's abuse of the ref in the tunnel at HT was a red card incdient. Cesc is very ratty these days.

If that was Wenger they would be asking him if he saw the offside.

Saha was offside when the pass was made. The fact that it wasn't a perfect pass and the defender got a toe to it doesn't change that. Do the authorities want the defender to be afraid to play the ball?

Moyes was asked on Sky and he said it was offside but the assistant didn't give it. what do you want him to say? That he never saw it perhaps.

So in conclusion he wanted Fabregas red carded for over-reacting to an injustice which he agreed had happened? If Cesc was out of order he should be dealt with by the authorities. What Moyes wanted was to have his cake (offside goal) and eat it (Cesc red-carded for complaining about it).

I love Premiership football logic.

Maybe we should have a thread on this subject. You know the logic whereby Torres is a sc**bag to some fans for leaving a club for more money while Carroll and Suarez are heroes to the same fans even though they did exactly the same thing. Not to mention that Torres did the same thing to go there in the first place.

This sport and its heros are advertised as role models and this is targeted at our kids and I'm not ignoring Fabregas as a bad example here either.
MWWSI 2017

DuffleKing

I think Moyes' point was that 'the game changed' after cesc's (alleged) ht outburst at the ref - inferring that the officials rode them in the second half to compensate for the first half 'error' - brought about by cesc's intervention. its a stretch...

johnneycool

Quote from: DuffleKing on February 02, 2011, 02:00:10 PM

I think Moyes' point was that 'the game changed' after cesc's (alleged) ht outburst at the ref - inferring that the officials rode them in the second half to compensate for the first half 'error' - brought about by cesc's intervention. its a stretch...

What, its a stretch that a high profile player vilifies and abuses (allegedly) a match official at half time for an obvious error which was probably confirmed to him at half time, gives the sinned against team the benefit of the doubt in the second half in an attempt to counteract the initial mistake?

I'd say it happens all the time, Ferguson is renowned for it, but I don't think that's what Moyes was getting at. I think he was implying that Fabregas's abuse was sufficient to warrant a red card, even in the tunnel, now if anyone should know it would be Moyes who's been fined on several occasions for abusing match officials, but sure Fabregas didn't even speak to the ref according to Arsene.
For what its worth I don't think any of the Arsenal goals were directly or indirectly attributed to the ref being harsh on Everton.

STREET FIGHTER

What's everyones thoughts on todays game?

A win is the only option in IMO.

Really important to close this gap ASAP!

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

brokencrossbar1

ross4life

Newcastle winning this half 2-0 another goal for them would make it a very interesting last 10mins
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Archie Mitchell

Dinny Breen

FFS - 3 dives = 2 penalties + free kick = 3 goals

Awful refereeing

Will probably lose now

Joey Barton is an odious creature

Daiby is just dumb
#newbridgeornowhere

sammymaguire

DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

anportmorforjfc

Puckoon

First port of call for blame is Diaby. Stupid Stupid Stupid. f**king Stupid.

Penalty call for the 3rd goal is beyond a disgrace. Wenger will quite rightly have a canary about this one - and probably get fined. Stupid Stupid Stupid.

f**king Stupid game.