Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StGallsGAA

QuoteMustn't have said much for United's strikers for a couple of years there when Ronnie was top scoring either then!

Exactly!!

If Nassi sees half of Ronaldos 42 in the season he'll be doing more than well.

supersarsfields

He also top scored with 23 and 26.

ross4life

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 06, 2011, 09:39:27 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2011, 06:28:51 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 06, 2011, 09:57:35 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on January 06, 2011, 12:33:53 AM
Do any Arsenal fans scream 'Shoot for f**ks sake' at the TV? I was watching for a while and its very frustrating. They play lovely football, but Jaysus, have a pop.

Ah welcome to our world AZ, we're just conditioned to it..

...to sound like another poster, you do realise Arsenal have the most shots on target and the highest on target to shot ratio in the EPL....

Doesn't say much for the Arse strikers? midfielder Nasri top scorer this season & fabregas the season before.

Mustn't have said much for United's strikers for a couple of years there when Ronnie was top scoring either then!

Do i need to post the poor return of goals for the Arsenal strikers last two seasons? in 2008 the year Ronaldo scored 42 goals United 2 strikers scored 37 goals between something Arsenal strikers won't do this season.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2011, 10:18:51 PM
Do any Arsenal fans scream 'Shoot for f**ks sake' at the TV? I was watching for a while and its very frustrating. They play lovely football, but Jaysus, have a pop.

...to sound like another poster, you do realise Arsenal have the most shots on target and the highest on target to shot ratio in the EPL....

Doesn't say much for the Arse strikers? midfielder Nasri top scorer this season & fabregas the season before.

Mustn't have said much for United's strikers for a couple of years there when Ronnie was top scoring either then!

Do i need to post the poor return of goals for the Arsenal strikers last two seasons? in 2008 the year Ronaldo scored 42 goals United 2 strikers scored 37 goals between something Arsenal strikers won't do this season.

Big Odds  ::) ::) ::)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

supersarsfields

well you could have said that from the start then. My point is it's not unheard of for a midfielder to outscore the forwards. In fact it's more likely with a team like arse where they pass and move and bring the midfielders into the game more than  a lot of others!!

ross4life

Can you imagine if the Ian Wright or Henry of old had played last night or indeed this season?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ross4life

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 06, 2011, 10:36:36 PM

well you could have said that from the start then. My point is it's not unheard of for a midfielder to outscore the forwards. In fact it's more likely with a team like arse where they pass and move and bring the midfielders into the game more than  a lot of others!!

Your point is taken but Ronaldo,Messi goal scoring from midfield is on different planet from the rest.

supersarsfields

Without a doubt, but I have to say Nasri has looked pretty good this year aswell. Certainly one of the best attacking midfielders in the PL this year.

ross4life

Quote from: supersarsfields on January 06, 2011, 10:50:29 PM
Without a doubt, but I have to say Nasri has looked pretty good this year aswell. Certainly one of the best attacking midfielders in the PL this year.

Yes Nasri has been excellent

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2011, 10:57:16 PM
Quote from: supersarsfields on January 06, 2011, 10:50:29 PM

Yes Nasri has been excellent

I see Barca are sniffing round him as well.

Another Hleb story in the making.

Dinny Breen

Can't see anything but a win for the Goons against dirty Leeds today particularly with all the talk about dirty Leeds not wanting to lose momentum in the Championship with a cup run distraction..
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Wouldn't rule out a draw, Dinny. Leeds haven't been losing many lately. You'd imagine he'll play a side similar to the Wigan game - Bender, Cham, Arshavin, Denilson, Squillachi, Chesney, Eboue etc. Who partners the Italian in defence though. Can't see Wenger risking Djourou and he said Koscielny needs a break.

Would like to see the new Japanese fellow though might be too early for Ramsey.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Maybe a draw but these Leeds play good football and don't really resort to the long ball but just can't see going toe to toe with Arsenal on that front..

Ramsey will hopefully come on from the bench, Arsenal finally look like they've learned how to manage injuries properly but I'm a big fan of Ramsey and along with Song, Fabregas, Nasri and Wilshere all 23 or younger. Some midfield options going forward...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Szczesny;
Eboue, Djourou, Squillaci, Gibbs;
Denilson, Song;
Bendtner, Rosicky, Arshavin;
Chamakh.

ONeill

The drop in class in the Arsenal team is very noticeable. Playing the same way but without the accuracy and speed of a Nasri, VP or Cesc.