Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Quote from: magpie seanie on December 30, 2010, 02:43:25 AM
Where's Dinny to analyse this? United's midfield might be mediocre but Arsenal can't win the league with that "defense".

If United don't win it I hope Arsenal do but I can't see Arsenal finishing above United.

Away for the week so didn't see the Wigan game and in fairness Seanie you'll never see anyone on this thread singing the virtues of the Arsenal defence. Clichy in particular has gone back at a rate of knots and Sagna/Eboue both lack defensive responsibility when they attack and as for the middle of their defense many including me believe Djourou and Vermaelan will be the solution but have played zero games together, same as Gibbs who will make left back his own.

Anyhow Wenger was right to rotate against Wigan but 3/4 players max but I believe he was trying to manage injury recovery hence Djourou, Walcott and RVP rested but also with a January transfer window coming up he was also trying to manage ego's Arshavin, Bendtner and Eboue by giving them a start.

If Arsenal beat Birmingham them 7pts from the 3 games is excellent and he will be vindicated, lose to Birmingham and I feel he'll receive more flak than he deserves.

You don't sack managers mid-season, you sit down a the end and review, if Arsenal fail to deliver a trophy then the solutions are simple - Wenger abandons his project or he moves upstairs and appoints Steve Bould as his successor.
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

From www.mirrorfootball.co.uk

Wenger fuming as Arsenal denied penalty at Wigan after a MANCHESTER UNITED player handled the ball

Sub Samir Nasri cried foul when Wigan's on-loan Tom Cleverley raised his arm in the wall to block his free kick as Gunners tried for the win that would have put them level at the top.

Cleverley leapt and the ball clearly struck him, with Wenger saying: "I did not see it but Nasri is adamant that it was 100 per cent a penalty."

More great stuff from Wenger/Nasri  ::)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Did Wenger or Nasri say it was Cleverly that handed it?
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 08:08:10 PM
From www.mirrorfootball.co.uk

Wenger fuming as Arsenal denied penalty at Wigan after a MANCHESTER UNITED player handled the ball

Sub Samir Nasri cried foul when Wigan's on-loan Tom Cleverley raised his arm in the wall to block his free kick as Gunners tried for the win that would have put them level at the top.

Cleverley leapt and the ball clearly struck him, with Wenger saying: "I did not see it but Nasri is adamant that it was 100 per cent a penalty."

More great stuff from Wenger/Nasri  ::)

? When did Nasri/Wenger say that??
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

So are you claiming it's poor journalism? much like the piece O'neill posted about fergie re-calling loaned players.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 10:01:45 PM
So are you claiming it's poor journalism? much like the piece O'neill posted about fergie re-calling loaned players.

Sigh. Happy New Year Rossy!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Extremely poor posting I thought.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on December 31, 2010, 10:06:30 PM

Extremely indeed! Tony Pulis also re-called Tonge and Pugh from loans at Preston due to the sacking. i suppose fergie told him to do this also?

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 10:18:28 PM

Extremely indeed! Tony Pulis also re-called Tonge and Pugh from loans at Preston due to the sacking. i suppose fergie told him to do this also?

Pulis has been described today as a "close friend" of Ferguson.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on December 31, 2010, 10:26:07 PM

Which PL manager isn't, Wenger perhaps?

Minder

Quote from: ross4life on December 31, 2010, 10:32:18 PM
Quote from: Minder on December 31, 2010, 10:26:07 PM

Which PL manager isn't, Wenger perhaps?

So every PL manager is a "close friend" bar Wenger? Jaysus.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hoof Hearted

close friends my hole, they are shit f**king feard of him.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

Gaffer

Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 31, 2010, 10:39:28 PM

The one PL manager that Red Face feared was Jose Mourinho. Never got involved in spats/mind games with him cos he knew he d end up second best !
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

Quote from: Gaffer on December 31, 2010, 10:43:57 PM
Quote from: Hoof Hearted on December 31, 2010, 10:39:28 PM

The one PL manager that Red Face feared was Jose Mourinho. Never got involved in spats/mind games with him cos he knew he d end up second best !

He was a tougher nut to crack but once he became friends with him Chelsea finished 2nd.