Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Arsenal really need that 3rd goal. Don't trust the defence with N'Zogbia about.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Wigan getting closer and closer. Backs to the wall. 75 mins. They deserve a draw - played better than Arsenal for most of the game.

ONeill

Headbutt on Wilshere sees red card for N'Zogbia.

ONeill

Make a couple of changes Arsene ffs. Tis all Wigan.

ONeill

....and there it is 2-2. Corner. Was coming a mile off.

ross4life

Just switched it over when wigan scored, Fabianski all at sea for the goal.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Nasri and Walcott on for Arshavin and Wilshere.

ONeill

Finished 2-2. Arsenal were never in control of that game and a fair result even though their two goals were a dive and an OG. Handball in the penalty box also ignored. All the same, didn't think Arsenal deserved the three points. Wigan worked their arses off.

Still, an improvement on last year....

ross4life

Only watched the last 15mins but Arse must have been terrible in 2nd half to draw with that wigan side?

Can only blame one man. Wenger for making so many changes!! though they should have got a peno at the end.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Another bad day at the office for Arsene. That side he sent out should've been good enough but just when Arsenal needed reinforcements he sat there and waited until the inevitable equaliser arrived before he made a move.

Birmingham away next.....

Puckoon

This is a disaster. Why Oh Why can the average armchair fan see what Wenger cannot. A few changes to freshen things up - sure... 8 changes across the board - and in the heart of our most dysfunctional area (the defence) is just folly. Strength in depth is one thing - but you cant find any continuity with 8 changes. Squillachi again was awful - and Wilshire coming back in for Diaby added a little something to us. We were in control for plenty of the game - but with that idiot at the back we were never comfortable. Squilliachi actually makes the other defenders worse. No doubt about it the penalty can be forgiven for being given in real time - but it was a farce in slow motion. Not to mention the handball from Nasri's free kick right at the end.

Fecking Depressing.

magpie seanie

Where's Dinny to analyse this? United's midfield might be mediocre but Arsenal can't win the league with that "defense".

If United don't win it I hope Arsenal do but I can't see Arsenal finishing above United.

ONeill

Quote from: Puckoon on December 29, 2010, 11:20:32 PM
This is a disaster. Why Oh Why can the average armchair fan see what Wenger cannot. A few changes to freshen things up - sure... 8 changes across the board - and in the heart of our most dysfunctional area (the defence) is just folly. Strength in depth is one thing - but you cant find any continuity with 8 changes. Squillachi again was awful - and Wilshire coming back in for Diaby added a little something to us. We were in control for plenty of the game - but with that idiot at the back we were never comfortable. Squilliachi actually makes the other defenders worse. No doubt about it the penalty can be forgiven for being given in real time - but it was a farce in slow motion. Not to mention the handball from Nasri's free kick right at the end.

Fecking Depressing.

Too much pussy-footing around the first 11. Djourou finally looked liked the answer against Chelsea, yet he's rested 2 days later. Bad judgement. The FA Cup is coming up - there's a time to rest a few. It's all very disappointing from Wenger. Was Song injured?

centre 3/4s

Same old shite one result and for a minute ye thought they had finally turned the corner and were genuine title challengers and the next minute go and blow there chances to a pub team. Those two clowns at the back need roaded in january every time they play they are pure dung, saw koschelney play one descent game since he came which by the way is one more than scillachi. If arsenal dont win something this year and i dont mean the league cup then surely Arsene has to hit the road, to be honest he has made more mistakes this year than any other season and to say players need rested dosen't sell with me!

Puckoon

Arsene leaving is not the answer. There arent too many better than him with the coaching merry go round that is football. I'd rather have him stay myself. Who would you want in place? Many of those players are there because of Wenger (I realise that statement could backfire spectacularly).

O'Neill - tell him to buy Roger Johnson from Birmingham and start playing 3 out of Nasri, Fiberglass, Wilshire, Song, Walcott and Rosicky ( :-\ ), across the middle every game. Will ya?