Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 13, 2010, 11:04:16 PM
Also really glad we weren't disappointed by the typical Old Trafford penalty.

The penalty that was given was questionable but Utd def should have had one in the 1st half.

STREET FIGHTER

Quote from: EC Unique on December 14, 2010, 01:27:06 PM
Quote from: STREET FIGHTER on December 13, 2010, 11:04:16 PM
Also really glad we weren't disappointed by the typical Old Trafford penalty.

The penalty that was given was questionable but Utd def should have had one in the 1st half.

Yeah you could be right about the 1st but the ref missed it.

That happens sometimes.

The 2nd penalty decision was a joke.

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 13, 2010, 08:57:02 PM
Pity Fabregas is not fit, he'd run riot against that Man U midfield (Carrick, Anderson, Fletcher and Park), worst Man U midfield I have ever seen...

Where were you for the two 1-3 defeats? same midfield & Fabregas played in both games.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 13, 2010, 11:22:37 PM
QuoteSo your expecting Chelsea to beat United?

No flies on you, based on yesterday and this evening Chelsea had the best performance of the 4 sides who played, Arsenal the worst btw and they are a simply a better side than Man U so yes.

Your definition of Simply better is slighty different to mine. past 6 seasons both have 3 titles each & United haven't gone 6 games in a row without beating Chelsea like Arse have with United or will they finish 10/15 points behind.

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

QuoteWhere were you for the two 1-3 defeats? same midfield & Fabregas played in both games.

Does time stand still in your world, Carrick is a shadow of his former self and only Anderson is in any sort of form. Man U by-passed their midfield last night.

QuoteYour definition of Simply better is slighty different to mine. past 6 seasons both have 3 titles each & United haven't gone 6 games in a row without beating Chelsea like Arse have with United or will they finish 10/15 points behind.

I don't care for your stats only Vidic and Nani would definitely make a joint XI between those two sides, toss of a coin between Rooney, Drogba or Anelka up front. Chelsea have a better starting XI period and from what I saw on Sunday and the leadership been displayed by Terry I'd expect Chelsea to win.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

There is no doubting that is a poor united side - as poor as there has been in maybe the last 2 decades - however they somehow just keep on winning. I couldnt be arsed to pull out the computer as the game started yesterday - but as I was watching the warm up and the camera was on Park - I just couldnt help but think that that little shite-san was going to cause us some level of trouble. I thought about posting to that effect - but then I thought he couldnt possibly do it again.

Arsenal were actually pretty composed at the back - bar a couple mistakes by Squillachi and of course Clichey giving Nani far too much time on the ball - but we were inept in pretty much every other sector of the park.

I thought a premier leage debut by the keeper in arsenals nightmare position - he had a great game - bar the two hospital balls he gave Sagna Dinny?

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 14, 2010, 02:53:18 PM
QuoteWhere were you for the two 1-3 defeats? same midfield & Fabregas played in both games.

Does time stand still in your world, Carrick is a shadow of his former self and only Anderson is in any sort of form. Man U by-passed their midfield last night.

QuoteYour definition of Simply better is slighty different to mine. past 6 seasons both have 3 titles each & United haven't gone 6 games in a row without beating Chelsea like Arse have with United or will they finish 10/15 points behind.

I don't care for your stats only Vidic and Nani would definitely make a joint XI between those two sides, toss of a coin between Rooney, Drogba or Anelka up front. Chelsea have a better starting XI period and from what I saw on Sunday and the leadership been displayed by Terry I'd expect Chelsea to win.

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Valencia (when fit) and Nani would make the starting 11 of a combined Chelsea/United team.  Toss of a coin between VDS and Cech.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Minder

Quote from: nrico2006 on December 14, 2010, 04:19:02 PM

Ferdinand, Vidic, Evra, Rooney, Valencia (when fit) and
Nani would make the starting 11 of a combined
Chelsea/United team.  Toss of a coin between VDS and Cech.

I take it you are totally disregarding Rooneys form since March when you are lining out your United/Chelsea combined team?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

If Scholes was fit last night it's fair to say he & not Carrick would have played last night.  in the 1st half United overpowered Arse midfield thanks to the brilliance of Park, Anderson,Fletcher & in the 2nd half United were happy enough to sit back soak up the pressure & hit the gooners on the break (on another night they would have scored more)

As for your XI only two? it's good to see you didn't let your hatred for United cloud your judgement.
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

QuoteAs for your XI only two? it's good to see you didn't let your hatred for United cloud your judgement.

Hatred, what a strange word to use, I have no love of Man U but have always admired their football and not the long ball shite they played last night equally I have no love of Chelsea but I'm a fan of Drogba the man. So I'm pretty neutral, the team I'd pick would be Cech, Ivanovic, Terry, Vidic, Cole, Malouda, Essien, Obi Mikel, Lampard, Nani, Drogba.

The thing about Man U is that currently they are playing beyond the sum of their parts, Fergie takes credit for that, a tremendous manger but the EPL winners will come from London this year.....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yep, credit has to go to Fergie. He definitely gets the best out of sides which lack natural flair.

Still flummoxed by Wenger last night, leaving Nasri on Evra for 50 minutes. Arsenal's most creative and in-form player, who has no intention of tracking Evra, negated out on the wing for so long. Clichy's form has nose-dived alarmingly.

Also, when RVP came on, it was obvious that it's a bit of a mess with him, Cesc and Nasri on the same pitch. All three were at one stage in their own half looking for a pass. Walcott, for all his faults, at least had a go through the middle a couple of time. Hoor can't pass though.

It's a strange season. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see Arsenal top again by Sunday night.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

No idea why where comparing XLS but for the hell of it

Cech/VDS
Ivanovic/Rafael
Terry/Vidic
Alex/Ferdinand
Cole/Evra
Mikel/Valencia
Essien/Scholes
Lampard/Anderson
Malouda/Nani
Drogba/Berbatov
Anelka/Rooney

Bosingwa instead of Ivanovic & Benayoun instead of Mikel when fit?

Seeing that it's a Arsenal thread how many gooners would make the XL fabregas &....

ExiledGael

Not even going to bother with the best XI though on current form Rafael is way ahead of Ivanovic and Bosingwa.

Intriguing game last night but the person who comes out of it all with the least credit is Wenger.
Don't think he has a clue anymore of his best team and what shape to play in. Nasri only became an influence when he moved and Arshavin probably didn't deserve to start on recent form. He was shocking, not for the first time lately. Starting to see why he never got a big move until he was in his late twenties.

Dinny Breen

QuoteSeeing that it's a Arsenal thread how many gooners would make the XL fabregas &....

On form Sagna and Nasri and maybe Chamakh although he looks like he could need a rest...

Anyway looking back Arsenal started without Fabregas, RVP, Vermalean, Diaby, 4 definite starters when all fit under Wenger, so for Arsenal to be top 2 is steady progess..

Wenger hasn't surprised anyone tactically since the 2005 FA Cup final when he bored everyone to tears, funny enough that was Arsenals last trophy....
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Phew! It's only Barca again.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Yes I Would

I hope the pitch in Nou Camp is up to scratch!!
Criminal they didnt top their group!