Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on October 19, 2010, 09:37:46 PM

Who makes way when RVP comes back, or even Walcott? Nasri's playing well. Chamack is working well. Wilshere has been best central midfielder. Rosicky I suppose. Will he play Van P behind Cham?

Planning for an RVP comeback is like organising a BBQ in Ireland months in advance.
MWWSI 2017

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Nasri is playing great stuff at the minute.

gerry

Another great performance today. Although for a while i thought the second goal was never going to come.

ONeill

Liked Fabregas's attitude afterwards. He dismissed the importance of the win in terms of title credentials - the same crap Sky journos come out with at this time of year with Arsenal.

Nasri has been a star all year though he can still be found wanting on the back foot. Chamakh gets through some work and holds the ball up well. Don't think he'll be a prolific striker. Good to see the Bender back. His ratio is a goal every 15 mins this season! Also, Flappyhandski hasn't put a glove wrong in weeks.

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2010, 08:54:34 PM
Liked Fabregas's attitude afterwards. He dismissed the importance of the win in terms of title credentials - the same crap Sky journos come out with at this time of year with Arsenal.

Nasri has been a star all year though he can still be found wanting on the back foot. Chamakh gets through some work and holds the ball up well. Don't think he'll be a prolific striker. Good to see the Bender back. His ratio is a goal every 15 mins this season! Also, Flappyhandski hasn't put a glove wrong in weeks.

Cesc appears hell-bent on Carling Cup glory.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

ONeill

That's true. Think he wants to lift anything this year as captain.

gerry

We don't know all the details of Wenger's team for St James' Park. But this much has been established:

- The squad is '80 per cent' first-team and will be at least as strong as the one fielded at White Hart Lane in the last round.
- Theo Walcott, Nicklas Bendtner and Laurent Koscielny are likely to start
- Keeper Wojciech Szczesny will definitely start
- Youngsters Jay Emmanuel-Thomas, Craig Eastmond and Henri Lansbury are in the squad
- A few members of the first-team squad will be rested

ONeill

Newcastle: Krul, Perch, Williamson, Kadar, Ryan Taylor, Routledge, Guthrie, Smith, Vuckic, Lovenkrands, Ranger.
Subs: Soderberg, Coloccini, Jose Enrique, Barton, Carroll, Gutierrez, Tiote.

Arsenal: Szczesny, Eboue, Djourou, Koscielny, Gibbs, Denilson, Eastmond, Rosicky, Walcott, Bendtner, Vela.
Subs: Fabianski, Sagna, Fabregas, Arshavin, Emmanuel-Thomas, Lansbury, Nordtveit.

gerry

i see the big guns on the bench just incase

ross4life

Would any of that Arse starting 11 tonight be classed as first teamers?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

At full strength Koscielny and Walcott.

ONeill

Vela should've scored after 15 secs.

Forced three saves in three mins.