Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

What about Squillaci? What did you (and Robson) think?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Robson didn't say much about anything really I thought Squillaci was tidy, just did simple things well, good positioning and quietly effective, good debut will get sharper with games and can see him as 1st choice ahead of Koscielny..

But it was Chamakh and Arshavin would stood out today, Chamakh is a good player and is settling in quicker than I thought, the little Russian is showing good form too. Gibbs is close to being 1st choice left back very solid today..

Considering none of RVP, Clichy, Sagna, Vermaelen, Nasri, Bendtner, Diaby, Ramsey, Denilison, Walcott started then the Arsenal squad is looking very strong, if only the Goons had someone to replace the fish in goals (who in fairness was solid today)...
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

muppet

MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Same old Arsenal. Liquid football in September and maybe October.

ross4life

Did you hear Eamo before the game? "Braga are excellent in defence.. Arsenal will do well to break them down" 
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

paco

Watching the Real Madrid game. On this scoreline, it's hard to believe that Braga beat Sevilla at home and away. Have they threatened at all?

ross4life

Porto got a 5-0 beating off Arse in March & now Braga are getting the same.. maybe more?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

ONeill

Quote from: paco on September 15, 2010, 09:04:59 PM
Watching the Real Madrid game. On this scoreline, it's hard to believe that Braga beat Sevilla at home and away. Have they threatened at all?

Zero. Showed one glimpse of counter attacking football around 12 minutes but that was it.

gerry

Great football and a great result
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

Some fine debate over the last few days concerning Wenger's criticism of English football and their acceptance of dangerous tackling. Good arguments on both sides (well, Wenger v Allardyce, Pullis, Redknapp, Mick Quinn). That was until Allardyce came out with this!

EagleLord

Thought Gunners were a different class the other night, love watching that sexy football. Cant for the life of me think why I dont support them, but I have got stuck with Liverpool since I was a kid, and gotta stick it out. Poor me haha! Love that kid Vela, knew he was a good when I first saw him! Hes very fond of that wee dink finish. My favourite type of goal, I could watch it all day long.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on September 17, 2010, 10:05:04 PM
Some fine debate over the last few days concerning Wenger's criticism of English football and their acceptance of dangerous tackling. Good arguments on both sides (well, Wenger v Allardyce, Pullis, Redknapp, Mick Quinn). That was until Allardyce came out with this!

Fat Sam is getting a lot of grief for this but the point he is making seems lost, the resources available at the Madrids, Barcas, Milans and until recently the Chelseas and Man U meant that managing those teams from a footballing perspective would be pretty easy and you would almost guranteed to be there or thereabouts every year. Obviously managing egos, expectations, media etc would be a different skill one certainily Allardyce doesn't have...

Also the whole thing about Wenger and refs is very valid, Wenger has now got the Arsenal fans going mental at the slightest touch of his players, they seem to get in quite a frenzy, stokes up atmosphere and puts pressure on the ref. Anyone watching the Bolton game could see a red card coming because the ref just lost the plot and poor Cahill got sent for a nothing tackle really...

Wenger/Fergie really do have the media in their pockets...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Poor display by Gooners today, Sunderland got lucky with the late late goal & the missed peno which kinda made up for that freak goal but they deserved at least a draw

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,