Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: ONeill on July 22, 2010, 09:59:13 AM
Want a giggle on a Thursday morning?

Joe Cole 'wanted to join Tottenham' - Harry Redknapp

Harry Redknapp has revealed that new Liverpool signing Joe Cole had "wanted to come to Tottenham".

Cole, 28, joined the Reds on a free transfer this week after he was released by Chelsea in May.

"I spoke to him a month ago and I thought he was coming here," said Tottenham manager Redknapp, who managed the midfielder at West Ham.

"He wanted to come to Spurs. He'd made his mind up - I had no doubt. But a month went by and Liverpool moved in."

England international Cole signed a four-year deal with the Anfield club and will reportedly earn £90,000 per week.

Meanwhile, Redknapp believes Tottenham could win the Premier League this season.

The 63-year-old helped Spurs to their highest Premier League finish last season, with fourth spot also guaranteeing the club a place in the Champions League.

"I feel we could contend for the title; we have got the players here," added Redknapp.

"We have to aim for it. We could win the championship.

"Last year, we went in saying we wanted to finish in the top four and if you don't aim for things, you have no chance."

However Redknapp, whose only signing of the summer so far is Brazilian midfielder Sandro, said he would need to strengthen the squad in order to challenge strongly on both European and domestic fronts.

I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference

Harry Redknapp

"The Champions League is massive - forget budgets - we just want to be there," stated Redknapp.

"If we can get into the group stages, we can make an impact. We have good players - some fantastic ones at our club. And they can get better.

"We are going to have to rotate at times - we cannot play the best players all the time. I feel that, if we can bring one or two players in, it will make a difference."

Harry is always coming out with some nonsense. But the English media love him for some reason.

Fabregas sure to stay now, for this season at least, after Barca revealed their debt is now £370m. Where are UEFA now regarding clubs with high debt and denying them entry into the Champions League?

The Real Laoislad

QuoteThe 63-year-old helped Spurs to their highest Premier League finish last season, with fourth spot also guaranteeing the club a place in the Champions League.

It only guaranteed them a chance of getting into the Champions League via a playoff.
It be worth anything if they lost the playoff like Everton in 2005/06  :)
You'll Never Walk Alone.

paco

Where did you hear that Archie?

ONeill

Good luck to Sol at the Toon.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

gerry

i thought with a few pound to spare we would have signed a few players, looks like another runner up season
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

gerry

no RVP or Fabregas  for next sunday. a winner against pool could be hard

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Boycey on August 08, 2010, 11:06:46 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on August 08, 2010, 10:02:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4gaICf6cxZo&feature=player_embedded

I must be missing something, theres also one of a United fan and a City fan doing the rounds and neither of them even raised a smile with me.......

Are these the new Hitler videos???

I thought it was amusing more than funny. Sorry Boycey. It'll not happen again.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: gerry on August 08, 2010, 10:51:09 PM
no RVP or Fabregas  for next sunday. a winner against pool could be hard

Why's Van Persie out?
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

gerry

not sure but read it here

http://www.arsenal.com/match-menu/3279614/first-team/legia-warsaw-v-arsenal?tab=report

At his pre-match press conference, Wenger had admitted his side this afternoon would have little bearing on the one he'd put out at Liverpool next Sunday. Cesc Fabregas and Robin van Persie were never going to be involved (and will not travel to Anfield either) but Andrey Arshavin, Abou Diaby and Alex Song were not here either. The Russian had a small muscular problem while the other two were simply rested.

Dinny Breen

Cannot believe Wenger has not bought a goalkeeper yet, is he turning into the nutty professor?
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Yep Dinny. Sort of hoping that the Given situ means Wenger'll be in there like a shot. Still, a bit late in the day for sorting this out. Defensively worried too. See some of the goals v Legia? Check youtube. At the minute, looking like a 3rd-4th place again unless he has one-two last transfers up his sleeve.

It'd be great if Van Persie stayed fit for 30 games as well as Cesc.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

A goal-keeper and a centre back and they willl go close, just don't understand it. Should pick up a handy 3 points tomorrow though  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

AFS

Quote from: ONeill on August 14, 2010, 08:48:10 AM
Yep Dinny. Sort of hoping that the Given situ means Wenger'll be in there like a shot. Still, a bit late in the day for sorting this out. Defensively worried too. See some of the goals v Legia? Check youtube. At the minute, looking like a 3rd-4th place again unless he has one-two last transfers up his sleeve.

It'd be great if Van Persie stayed fit for 30 games as well as Cesc.

Arsenal would be the last club City would sell Given to.