Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 10, 2010, 12:51:27 AM
Quote from: ONeill on May 09, 2010, 09:23:28 PM
Sorry the other plus was Adebayor.

Agree completely. Well rid of that t**ser.

Why??????????  Do you like getting rid of quality, world class strikers or something???

Tell me, where Arsenal any better this year without him?  What more did they achieve without him?  He had injuries this year, suspensions and the shooting incident in Angola and he still hit around 13/14 prem goals this year i think (without checking).  Plus his celebration after scoring against Arsenal at Eastlands was priceless stuff, i loved that!!

Ade Adebayor in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

ONeill

Looks like Cesc more or less gone.

Would be disappointed to get less than 45-50m for him. Barca saying 30m.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ildanach

I would take toure and ibrahimavoic as a swap! if not toure + 15m to buy a centre half. To tell the truth, although i will be disappointed to see cesc go. i think nasri will do a job in that position and wiltshire and ramsy have the makings of great players too! we don't really lack for creativity just defensively and fire power oh and a good keeper
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ballinaman

Looks like Fab is on is way to Barca......no real surprise.

Any chance of getting a ticket for the Barca V Real games next year...jesus...gonna be some games!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ballinaman on June 02, 2010, 01:25:50 PM
Looks like Fab is on is way to Barca......no real surprise.

Any chance of getting a ticket for the Barca V Real games next year...jesus...gonna be some games!

Was thinkning that myself. I'll take Real v Barce even!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Gaffer

Dinny....................Any chance of a title change?????????????????
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ONeill

Arsenal really seem to be digging the heels in here.

Cesc says he trusts Wenger will do what's right for him. The board says he's definitely not for sale.

Odd one. I thought he was a goner. Not so sure now. 

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Catch the high ball

Not a bad shirt, I like the bits of burgundy on the sleeves and collar, gives it a retro look.
GAA Board World Cup Sweepstake Winner 2010

Catch the high ball

Is there a new home shirt for next season as well?

gerry

Quote from: Catch the high ball on June 16, 2010, 08:07:37 PM
Is there a new home shirt for next season as well?

on sale from july 29

Catch the high ball

gerry

ONeill

muppet

http://www.southasiablog.com/2010/06/madjid-bougherra-and-federico-marchetti.html

Madjid Bougherra and Federico Marchetti on Arsenal Target List

While World Cup 2010 is going on with full swing, Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger is trying his best to complete the necessary signing as early as possible. Marouane Chamakh has so far been the lone signing for the North London club and it is pretty much understandable that Arsenal is now looking for a central defender and goalkeeper.

Reports available in the media suggest that Wenger has been impressed by Algerian defender Madjid Bougherra who starred in Algeria's recent goalless stalemate with England.

Bougherra is currently playing for Scottish club Rangers. The 27-year-old has 2 more seasons left in his current contract with Rangers, but it seems Bougherra could move to Premier League if Arsenal and Rangers can reach an agreement. Wenger is reportedly lining up a £4 million bid for Madjid Bougherra.

Bougherra, though a defender, has very good attacking intent and very often contribute to his side's attack. Moreover, he is also very strong in the air thanks to his 6 feet and 3 inches height.

Meanwhile, Arsenal has been reportedly linked with Italian goalkeeper Federico Marchetti. The Cagliari keeper is currently starting for Italy in the World Cup as Gianluigi Buffon is injured out. In the race of acquiring his service, Arsenal faces competition from German club Bayern Munich.

Bayern Munich is also in search of a goalkeeper in the Summer transfer market. It seems Marchetti fits the bill very well for both Arsenal and Bayern.

Bougherra is not the only defender Arsenal has been interested in since the end of the last season. In fact, the Gunners are still tracking Lorient defender Laurent Koscielny.

When it comes to goalkeeper, Arsenal has been linked with at least half a dozen keepers including Italy's no. 1 Buffon. Most recently, Arsenal courted Fulham's Australian keeper Mark Schwarzer.
MWWSI 2017