Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

under the bar

QuoteSo another defeat for the Gooners today just noticed Wenger stormed off at the final whistle with no hand shakes for big Sam,

Can anyone, Arsenal fan or otherwise, explain what Wenger expects to gain by doing this time after time? 

stew

Quote from: under the bar on May 03, 2010, 09:31:32 PM
QuoteSo another defeat for the Gooners today just noticed Wenger stormed off at the final whistle with no hand shakes for big Sam,

Can anyone, Arsenal fan or otherwise, explain what Wenger expects to gain by doing this time after time?

Despie the fact the man can speak 6 languages fluently he is a terrible communicator when he does not get his way, grow up Arsne, the right team won and big sam abused the prof from a tactical perspective.

Angry Wenger blasts at Rovers and referee

May 3, 2010
Comment
Email
Print
Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger refused to blame goalkeeper Lucasz Fabianski for his side's 2-1 defeat at Blackburn, choosing instead to accuse Rovers of "unfair" tactics and blaming referee Martin Atkinson for not providing the Gunners with more protection. 

• Blackburn 2-1 Arsenal: Samba sinker
• Wenger: Fans have to trust me over transfers

Wenger anger at Rovers tactics.

Fabianski appeared unsettled in the concession of Christopher Samba's winning goal but Wenger said no blame could be attached to his goalkeeper. The Poland international endured heavy criticism after his display at Wigan last month, when he conceded three goals in the last 10 minutes in a defeat which effectively ended Arsenal's title challenge.

"There is no purpose to play the ball from the Blackburn players - they don't even watch the ball," he said. "He (Fabianski) had two players in front of him all the time and every time it was to stop him getting the ball.

"In football when you don't go for the ball and you stop the keeper going for the ball it is a foul. I think the referee cannot allow that. I am very disappointed the referee lets that happen in a football game, it is unfair to a goalkeeper.

"They (Blackburn) do it well but when you feel that as a referee you have to give more protection. It doesn't take away the fact we weren't good but that is completely unfair."

Wenger said he had no concerns about Fabianski's form or confidence and deflected the attention towards Atkinson's performance. "I think Lucasz had a good game - it should affect the confidence of the referee," he added.

An unrepentant Blackburn manager Sam Allardyce was, unsurprisingly, delighted to have irked his Arsenal counterpart. "If you expose the opposition's weaknesses enough then in the end those weaknesses will be exposed," he said. "The amount of balls we put into the box on the keeper, who has obviously been a weak link for them, paid off.

"We beat Arsenal fair and square. The referee gave some that were fouls, he gave some that weren't fouls and he didn't give some that might have been fouls.

"You can't give everything as a foul on the goalkeeper and he certainly gave his fair share.

"You can argue all you want about those two particular incidents but we could argue Morten Gamst Pedersen should have had a penalty when he got brought down in the second half.

"I'm not overly concerned about what Arsene says - he's said it before about my tactics. But we know these tactics work against Arsenal and they've worked again today."

Allardyce added: "We play the game as managers, we look at each other and you see if you can find any weaknesses in the opposition manager as well as the team.

"Criticising me is great because I'd sooner him criticise me when I've beaten them rather than him praising me when they've beaten us. It is very pleasing we have won the game and I think we won the game because we deserved to."

rom a tactical perspective.

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Wenger has a condition known as small bladder and can only go 45 minutes maximum before he has to go for a oui oui.

Simples.
MWWSI 2017

Dinny Breen

QuoteI'm not overly concerned about what Arsene says - he's said it before about my tactics. But we know these tactics work against Arsenal and they've worked again today."

What a strange comment, Arsenal's away record at Ewood is bettered only by their away record at Man City and in fact the previous 4 games against Blackburn is 16-2 on aggregate.  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

DennistheMenace

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 03, 2010, 09:59:20 PM
QuoteI'm not overly concerned about what Arsene says - he's said it before about my tactics. But we know these tactics work against Arsenal and they've worked again today."

What a strange comment, Arsenal's away record at Ewood is bettered only by their away record at Man City and in fact the previous 4 games against Blackburn is 16-2 on aggregate.  ::)

Yeah because Fat Sam was manager of Blackburn for those 18 games  ::)

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 03, 2010, 09:59:20 PM

Probably talking about his Bolton days.

Dinny Breen

His other games against Arsenal as Blackburn manager,  6-2 and 4-0 defeats, awesome tactics.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteProbably talking about his Bolton days.

Then why say "we", Arsenal rarely lose to long ball teams, in 9 years managing against Arsenal he has manged a whopping 4 EPL wins. He is an insufferable bafoon who thinks long ball is cutting edge tactics and who is probably a fluffer for Sir Alex on his days off.
#newbridgeornowhere

thewobbler

St Totteringham's day goes down to the last week of the season. Who'd a thunk it?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

ohh btw Dinny

Chelsea Pts 83
United  Pts 82
Arsenal Pts 72

Now that's what i call really at a canter  ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

tyroneboi

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 03, 2010, 10:14:24 PM
QuoteProbably talking about his Bolton days.

Then why say "we", Arsenal rarely lose to long ball teams, in 9 years managing against Arsenal he has manged a whopping 4 EPL wins. He is an insufferable bafoon who thinks long ball is cutting edge tactics and who is probably a fluffer for Sir Alex on his days off.

Couldnt agree more. Allardyce is an absolute bell end! When they win its all down to his tactics and how he got them spot on but if they lose its the players fault. Cant stand the man.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 03, 2010, 10:25:03 PM
this board needs an ignore function

With City, Spurs Villa & even liverpool sure to be Stronger next season Arsenal has to be worried they will take the champions league spots

now try ignoring that Dinny
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open