Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Real Laoislad

Dunphy and Giles some craic tonight
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stew

Arsenal are a team that eats up possession, to see them get led by the nose like that was incredible, Barcelona had something like 70% posession in the first half, and they were the away team.

Fair play to Arsenal though, they stuck at it and usually they capitulate in situations like this a la the united game last year but I thought they fought hard and incredibly got the draw.

Barca are light years ahead of everybody else on this form, they should have won this game by four at least and insted they give up two late and now have to put Arsenal away at home, they should do it but this result will baffle them, they are the best side in the world bar none.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

AFS

screenexile

How can it be argued that it wasn't a penalty??!! A clear goal scoring opportunity was stopped by Puyol who didn't get the ball.

ONeill

Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2010, 09:59:06 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2010, 09:45:16 PM
http://audioboo.fm/boos/111654-arsenal-2-2-barcelona-full-time

That guy sounds like a bit of a dick.

''Cesc f**king c***ts home the penalty''  :-\

Cos he says a bad word? He was voted Ireland's best sports-blogger at the weekend for the second year running.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

I think the kids are starting to grow, you could only be man shamed so many times before you eventually realise you have to fight back. Great character, who knows an early goal in Barca and the Goons might have a chance but it's Barca's UCL Title to lose...
#newbridgeornowhere

Bensars

Quote from: screenexile on March 31, 2010, 10:24:38 PM
How can it be argued that it wasn't a penalty??!! A clear goal scoring opportunity was stopped by Puyol who didn't get the ball.

All three analysts on RTE said it was no penalty. Claimed the ball had past him and it was fabergas who connected with him.

I thought it was a penalty at the time and after seeing it again, but it is one of those that could create debate depending on your viewpoint.

Lady GAA GAA

Would you fault Almunia for both goals, the first, or neither?

I think probably just the first. Have seen goals like the second get past great keepers like Reina on occasion.

Lady GAA GAA

Quote from: Bensars on March 31, 2010, 10:36:11 PM

All three analysts on RTE said it was no penalty. Claimed the ball had past him and it was fabergas who connected with him.

I thought it was a penalty at the time and after seeing it again, but it is one of those that could create debate depending on your viewpoint.

I thought the ball was past Cesc. Id give more weight to this factor than the other factor (ie the contact). However i still think that the contact side of things is negligible in any case; no penalty.

Totally lost the run of myself there and cant be bothered revising it.

ross4life

Great game of football tonight but one of the most onesided 2-2 draws i ever seen :o

but like i said before it's will be won & lost in the camp nou
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

DirtyDozen12

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 31, 2010, 09:51:14 PM

Why what where they saying?  Would have liked to hear their views actually.
Beer, now there's a temporary solution!!!

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: DirtyDozen12 on March 31, 2010, 10:48:13 PM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on March 31, 2010, 09:51:14 PM

Why what where they saying?  Would have liked to hear their views actually.

Basically said Arsenal were outplayed and were poxed to get a draw out of it.

AFS

Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2010, 10:27:13 PM

Cos he says a bad word? He was voted Ireland's best sports-blogger at the weekend for the second year running.

Nah, it was more the silly emphasis he used, as if saying **** made him cool or something. I don't really get this, why would anyone want to listen to some fan's the hazy recollections immediately after a game? He doesn't even really try to give any analysis, just lots of 'emmms' and 'ehhs' as he tries to remember what happened and then a 'f**king c'mon you gonners' to finish. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

ONeill

Quote from: AFS on March 31, 2010, 10:52:22 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 31, 2010, 10:27:13 PM

Nah, it was more the silly emphasis he used, as if saying **** made him cool or something. I don't really get this, why would anyone want to listen to some fan's the hazy recollections immediately after a game? He doesn't even really try to give any analysis, just lots of 'emmms' and 'ehhs' as he tries to remember what happened and then a 'f**king c'mon you gonners' to finish. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

Read his blogs and essays. Audioboo is a 2-3 min analysis outlet.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

screenexile

Quote from: Bensars on March 31, 2010, 10:36:11 PM

No way for me he's connecting with that if it isn't for Puyol!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VC9r7NfdBuM