Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olly

Vermaelen only gets the one match ban. Hopefully the players have their minds well away from the Barca clash next week. Birmingham could be a tricky venue this Saturday.

Hard to see him playing Campbell on Saturday and Wednesday. Silvestre could be wheeled out alongside Song.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

AFS

You follow the Arse then Olly?

supersarsfields

Was that under the wrong user olly???  ;)

Olly

I have been an Arsenal supporter since 1999 and have been attending matches since 2002. My first game was a game at Old Trafford that won a league that year.
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

ONeill

Welcome on board young Olly. I don't think he'll save Campbell for the Barcelona game. Sol might b more suited to the Birmingham game with Silvest a little bit more mobile for Messi alongside the Belgian.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

supersarsfields

Quote from: ONeill on March 20, 2010, 07:35:25 PM
Phew. Dodgy sending off but can't see it being overturned. Silvestre and Sol in the run-in may be the straw that broke the baste's back. Song very important to this side now.

Onwards and upwards though. 7 wins left.

Quote from: Olly on March 24, 2010, 09:50:03 AM
Vermaelen only gets the one match ban. Hopefully the players have their minds well away from the Barca clash next week. Birmingham could be a tricky venue this Saturday.

Hard to see him playing Campbell on Saturday and Wednesday. Silvestre could be wheeled out alongside Song.

Ummm, interesting use of spacing in both posts.  :P

ONeill

Andrey Arshavin Thinks Arsenal Are Not Strong Enough To Win The Premier League Title

Arsenal winger Andrey Arshavin believes that his team are not strong enough to compete with Manchester United and Chelsea in the race for the Premier League title.

The Russian international thinks that the Gunners need more players if they are going to win trophies in the future.

"I am still of the opinion that to win trophies Arsenal needs more players," Arshavin told The Mirror.

"There is the simple fact that last summer we sold two players [Emmanuel Adebayor and Kolo Toure] and bought only one. So there is an obvious deficit of at least one.

"Then we lost Robin van Persie, Kieran Gibbs and Aaron Ramsey for a long time, obviously until the end of the season. So for me it is natural that we need new players."

With Arsenal trailing United by two points with seven games remaining, Arshavin is of the belief that the Gunners will have a hard time winning the championship with their current squad.

He said: "The English Premier League is very interesting for me, at least as long as we continue fighting to win it.

"But without new experienced players, real stars, it will be difficult to achieve success.

"Ideally we need three or four such experienced players and then among our youths there should be guys who are not only playing good football - but have real character."

nrico2006

How did Vermaelen not have his ban increased as a result of a failed appeal?
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

Because it wasn't frivolous, it was a dodgy sending off in fairness.
#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

If it was dodgy then would the appeal not have been successful.  The fact remains that both Rio and Vermaelen were sent off, appealed and lost their appeals.  Yet one of them had their ban increased based on the fact they lost their appeal, while the other didn't.  Fergie surely has a point regarding to the FA discriminating against United players.
'To the extreme I rock a mic like a vandal, light up a stage and wax a chump like a candle.'

Dinny Breen

No one was frivolous and one wasn't, it's not rocket science, it's not like Vermaelen smashed his forearm into somebody's face  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Looks like Arsenal have goal difference as well as an obstacle in the run in. Big win for Chelsea last night.

Any word on when this Spurs games will be played? Prob between May 1st and May 9th?

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

nrico2006

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 25, 2010, 09:43:49 AM
No one was frivolous and one wasn't, it's not rocket science, it's not like Vermaelen smashed his forearm into somebody's face  ::)

But Ferdinands extra suspension was given as a result of unsuccessfully appealing the initial card, not because of the actual incident.  Therefore Vermaelen should have had the same punishment dished out.

Dinny Breen

Look up frivolous will you....
#newbridgeornowhere