Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2010, 11:20:52 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 11:12:22 PM
Wenger never sees a Arsenal player doing a bad tackle, yet since he's taken over Arsenal they must have a record for the most players sent off?

Link?

As in you are the missing one.....

the Question mark maybe a big hint ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 11:24:48 PM
Wenger never sees a Arsenal player doing a bad tackle, yet since he's taken over Arsenal they must have a record for the most players sent off?

Link?

So you think a question mark removes any burden such as providing facts to support your nonsense?
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2010, 11:26:55 PM

Link?

So you think a question mark removes any burden such as providing facts to support your nonsense?

what did you just started watching football last week? it's common knowledge the amount of Red Cards Wenger's arsenal teams has got over the last number of years

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Link?

what did you just started watching football last week? it's common knowledge the amount of Red Cards Wenger's arsenal teams has got over the last number of years

Could you post a link to this common knowledge?
MWWSI 2017

ross4life

Quote from: muppet on February 27, 2010, 11:32:47 PM
Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 11:30:24 PM

Link?

Could you post a link to this common knowledge?

for you yes!
http://cdn0.knowyourmeme.com/i/6552/original/facepalm1ve4.jpg

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
Here's the Fair Play league - http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

that's this season!

i'm talking about over a number of years & how wenger never sees a bad tackle by one of his own

Minder

The current Arsenal team isn't dirty, you could argue if they had someone that could put a few tackles in and disrupt a game they wouldn't have capitulated as badly in certain games this year, notably United.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Minder on February 27, 2010, 11:49:48 PM
The current Arsenal team isn't dirty, you could argue if they had someone that could put a few tackles in and disrupt a game they wouldn't have capitulated as badly in certain games this year, notably United.

yep there not dirty now but i wonder would that someone be Mascherano?

ONeill

Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 11:42:31 PM
Quote from: ONeill on February 27, 2010, 11:39:41 PM
Here's the Fair Play league - http://www.premierleague.com/page/FairPlayTable

that's this season!

i'm talking about over a number of years & how wenger never sees a bad tackle by one of his own

Well, Wenger is fairly open about this.

Dinny Breen

FFS regardless of intent it was wreckless and stupid and a deserved red, the consequence of the tackle is a broken leg, that is what Shawcross has to be judged on.

It was probably drilled into Shawcross that Arsenal don't like it up 'em subsequently he made a tackle that he normally wouldn't attempt, I don't think he meant to break his leg but only he know his intention and to me it looked like he wanted to take man and ball.

Why anyone would pay attention to Wenger's comments is beyond me, are people that stupid that they don't realise the manipulation that is coming from all sides, the media trying to create a nonsense debate and Wenger in turn using the horrendous tackle as an opportunity to put more pressure on officials and gain his team a possible competitive advantage.

Personally I belive Wenger should take the ignorance approach of Ferguson and just bycott the media altogether.

Generally this thread is reasoned debate even if I did lose the plot a little last week so Ross4life please take your ridiculous banal pointless 'facts' to the childrens thread thanks.

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Unfathomable how Arsenal are still in this title race. If they beat Burnley 4-0 or by at least 4 goals on Saturday, they'll be top for at least a few hours, and I sorta feel a bit guilty about that!!!

Crazy stuff. Arsenal haven't really clicked this last few months. Today they worked hard. Campbell has been immense every time he has played.

Minder

I am actually glad Campbell is having a renaissance, he was immense at his peak. When he went home at half time against West Ham a few years back, allied to the fact that he is black and allegedly gay, he became a soft touch for vitriol.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 27, 2010, 11:57:15 PM
FFS regardless of intent it was wreckless and stupid and a deserved red, the consequence of the tackle is a broken leg, that is what Shawcross has to be judged on.

It was probably drilled into Shawcross that Arsenal don't like it up 'em subsequently he made a tackle that he normally wouldn't attempt, I don't think he meant to break his leg but only he know his intention and to me it looked like he wanted to take man and ball.

Why anyone would pay attention to Wenger's comments is beyond me, are people that stupid that they don't realise the manipulation that is coming from all sides, the media trying to create a nonsense debate and Wenger in turn using the horrendous tackle as an opportunity to put more pressure on officials and gain his team a possible competitive advantage.

Personally I belive Wenger should take the ignorance approach of Ferguson and just bycott the media altogether.

Generally this thread is reasoned debate even if I did lose the plot a little last week so Ross4life please take your ridiculous banal pointless 'facts' to the childrens thread thanks.

Hmm coming from someone that said a few weeks ago "Chelsea will win the league at a canter" & didn't you also complain about insults & now your trying (quiet poor) yourself

Dinny Breen

QuoteCampbell has been immense every time he has played.

Pretty inspired signing by Wenger but what I like is that he actually been a leader since he has returned. Always liked Sol.

Mentally that win tonight is massive for Arsenal.

No goalie, no striker, no luck, beaten 4 times by their rivals yet will be there or there abouts till the last day, mental stuff altogether....
#newbridgeornowhere