Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Liked arseblog's description of Fabianski on the first goal - "Somehow Fabianski contrived to chuck it into his own net. Sunday League players would hold their heads in despair if their 51 year old, hungover, half blind, somewhat lame and one armed keeper did that."
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 01:00:56 PM
Thanks for spelling that out to AQMP Doogie, he probably didn't get it.

Fewer words would probably appeal to your IQ as well.

Childish, playground etc
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: ONeill on February 18, 2010, 01:02:03 PM
Liked arseblog's description of Fabianski on the first goal - "Somehow Fabianski contrived to chuck it into his own net. Sunday League players would hold their heads in despair if their 51 year old, hungover, half blind, somewhat lame and one armed keeper did that."

arseblog has obviously seen me play then ;D
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

sandwiches_in_the_boot

I was ready for the Sol Campbell story next week on True Movies 2 starring Adrian Lester after his header.

Talk about resurrecting careers, why doesn't Arsene bring back Lou Ferrigno. Let the psychological warfare begin!
"A cynic is a man who, when he smells flowers, looks around for a coffin."
H. L. Mencken

ONeill

For the love of God, don't slip up to Sunderland tomorrow at home. If there's one team who are affected psychologically by one defeat it's Arsenal. If they'd lost 2-1 in midweek in a friendly with DC they'd lose their next 3 games as a reaction.

ONeill

It was nervy but job done. Amazing they find themselves 2 behind Utd and 2 wins off Chelsea given the way they're playing. Defensively a mess, passengers in midfield and no attack, yet they could still be standing come April.

ross4life

Quote from: ONeill on February 20, 2010, 10:31:31 PM
It was nervy but job done. Amazing they find themselves 2 behind Utd and 2 wins off Chelsea given the way they're playing. Defensively a mess, passengers in midfield and no attack, yet they could still be standing come April.

if Arsenal had a striker that could score 20+ goals this season they would be top right now
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

hassletravel

big game for us today, if we get a win today we would be in with a great chance, come on the arse
why travel direct

Gaffer

1 - 1

Good old Rodney Trotter
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Geoff Tipps

gerry

Quote from: ross4life on February 27, 2010, 06:56:40 PM
horrible injury

Went to the loo and missed it, it must being that bad sky not showing it again
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

glens73

Quote from: gerry on February 27, 2010, 07:07:57 PM
horrible injury

I think his leg, below the kneee, snapped in half. Horrible.

Square Ball

Quote from: gerry on February 27, 2010, 07:07:57 PM
horrible injury

what happened to who?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Square Ball

from the BBC

1858: Shawcross appeared to be wiping away tears as he walked off in shock. Ramsey is being stretchered off. The likes of Thomas Vermaelen and Cesc Fabregas, in particular, look completely stunned. It's bringing back unhappy memories of the Eduardo injury at Birmingham. Ramsey has an oxygen mask as he is carried off down the tunnel.

Stoke red card: No, no, no. Even Ryan Shawcross looks traumatised by this - as are a lot of other players. Aaron Ramsey has suffered a horrific injury after a tackle by the Stoke defender. They aren't replaying the incident. I'm not surprised. Ramsey was holding his injured ankle up in the aftermath and it was not at the right angle in any way. Horrible

hope hes OK, dont want to watch that on the TV tonight
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid