Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Declan

Two very soft goals. The bould ref again up to his tricks. To me it looked like a peno on Rosicky and then not only does he hand the ball to the Porto lad. He stands in the way of Campbell and then doesn't even signal the free kick till the ball is on it's way - Not excusing Fabianski or Cambpell just pointing out the ref's incompetence.
Still think the Gunners will go through if they have a few lads back.

Farrandeelin

Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: imtommygunn on February 17, 2010, 09:31:10 PM
What is happening with Walcott? He now looks a pretty rubbish player.

Porto like their cheating - fouling and diving non stop...

Nah..Fabregas plays for Arsenal...great player but he comes across as a little shit....
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

Dinny Breen

QuoteNah..Fabregas plays for Arsenal...great player but he comes across as a little shit....

He could be worse he could be a great player but a big sc**bag shit like John Terry, Ashely Cole, Michael Ballack.....etc etc  ::)

Bizarre circumstances for the 2nd Porto goal, never seen anything like it. Still disappointed with the Arsenal response to it, they same to get worse as the game progressed.

Think they'll win the 2nd leg comfortable enough.

I think the media spotlight on Arsenal's goal keeping failings is certainly not helping and they really need a 30 year old  + goalie with plenty of experience. A 32 year old Buffon would be just the job. 
#newbridgeornowhere

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 11:21:13 AM
QuoteNah..Fabregas plays for Arsenal...great player but he comes across as a little shit....

He could be worse he could be a great player but a big sc**bag shit like John Terry, Ashely Cole, Michael Ballack.....etc etc  ::)

Bizarre circumstances for the 2nd Porto goal, never seen anything like it. Still disappointed with the Arsenal response to it, they same to get worse as the game progressed.

I think the media spotlight on Arsenal's goal keeping failings is certainly not helping and they really need a 30 year old  + goalie with plenty of experience. A 32 year old Buffon would be just the job.

When is your 12th birthday Dinny??

Dinny Breen

So you are pretty dumb and don't understand someone been sardonic. FFS I even gave the roll eyes to make it easier for you, idiot.
#newbridgeornowhere

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 12:23:25 PM
So you are pretty dumb and don't understand someone been sardonic. FFS I even gave the roll eyes to make it easier for you, idiot.

Are you being ironic...or maybe sardonic

imtommygunn

Now now boys...

Fabregas was poor enough last night. He seems to have got cocky and thinks he can round around with the ball and hold onto it. Could be one of the best in the world if he had that kind of thing knocked out of him.

I don't understand why Wenger won't invest in a good keeper.Some of the poor relations of the premiership have 2+ keepers better than any of arsenal's.

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 11:21:13 AM

The most bizarre thing about the second Porto goal was that Jim Beglin made a good point...a quick free anywhere else on the pitch and there's not a word about it.

Dinny Breen

Idiots who offer nothing constructive expect childish playground insults annoy me, seriously 'he comes across as a liitle shit'.  WTF is the point of that post, if he was off shagging the mother of his Spanish team-mate's children behind his wife's back, yea well then he would come across as a liitle sh*t. But no he's a combative mid-fielder who at 22 still isn't close to maturity mentally or physically, ships an awful lot of punishment, is probably burdened by the weight of captaincy and expectation, speaks from the heart, shows the occassonal sign of petulance and like any young player suffers dips in form.

The menatlly to criticise every uttering, mistake of sportspeople of any level with vitirol and hyperbole particularly on forums such as this with any qualifcation of said stance is reaching new levels, you can see why so many posters are giving up on this board.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

QuoteThe most bizarre thing about the second Porto goal was that Jim Beglin made a good point...a quick free anywhere else on the pitch and there's not a word about it.

Have you ever seen a ref run 30 yards, demand the ball, hand the ball to the opposition and proceed to block the defender anywhere on the pitch ever? As soon as the ref touched the ball the whole dynamic changed not to mention he had his back turned and the free kick was taken 5 yards from where the ball occurred. - Like I said quite bizarre that it was allowed stand and since when does anyone ever use Jim Beglin to back them up?

Sure it's all just a UEFA conspiracy against Arsenal  ::)
#newbridgeornowhere

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 18, 2010, 12:51:41 PM
QuoteThe most bizarre thing about the second Porto goal was that Jim Beglin made a good point...a quick free anywhere else on the pitch and there's not a word about it.

Have you ever seen a ref run 30 yards, demand the ball, hand the ball to the opposition and proceed to block the defender anywhere on the pitch ever? As soon as the ref touched the ball the whole dynamic changed not to mention he had his back turned and the free kick was taken 5 yards from where the ball occurred. - Like I said quite bizarre that it was allowed stand and since when does anyone ever use Jim Beglin to back them up?
Sure it's all just a UEFA conspiracy against Arsenal  ::)

Don't you just hate those childish playground insults??

Ironic?? Sardonic??  Do us all a favour and try being laconic.

Doogie Browser

Dom't be getting Norf Tyrone started on conspiracies  :P, the Norwegian Henning distinguished himself last night again I see!

Quote from: Doogie Browser on February 18, 2010, 12:57:37 PM
Dom't be getting Norf Tyrone started on conspiracies  :P, the Norwegian Henning distinguished himself last night again I see!

The truth is out there Doogie  ;)

Dinny Breen

Thanks for spelling that out to AQMP Doogie, he probably didn't get it.

Fewer words would probably appeal to your IQ as well.
#newbridgeornowhere