Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aaron Boone

True. Traore did though get a handy 6pts for Bolton away clean sheet but just the 1 for the home 'leg'. This guy has over 1,100 pts for the season.

ONeill

I was also praying for that too. Close to happening.

v Villa (away)- if they have serious designs on the title they should win that. Draw not end of world.
v Utd (Home) Bate the hoors. Really need to send a message but I see Utd are nearing full squad.
v Chelsea (away) - Be v happy with a draw
v Liverpool (home) - If Torres and gerrard missing, they need to win it.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Aaron Boone

But Alex Song will be back for them ;)

Africa Cup of Nations is ridiculous with it (1) being in Jan and (2) being in the same year as the World up.

ONeill

Nuisance game today. Hopefully he rests the two central defenders as they've barely had a rest in months. I'd expect Walcott and Vela to get a start and a few other reserves.

ONeill

Great start for Campbell. 65 secs.

aontroim

Dakota

Dinny Breen

Team selection showed Wengers priorities, the 5th round is the weekend before the CL one presumes he's probably delighted Arsenal are out.

Stoke fully deserved win but jaysus I'd hate to have to watch that every week.
#newbridgeornowhere

Dakota

His face at the end didn't look like he was to delighted, strange he wouldn't want to won FA Cup seeing as it's so long since they have won anything and haven't a hope of winning Champions League

Dinny Breen

Quotehaven't a hope of winning Champions League

What a strange statement.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Eggs and basket(s). This puts pressure on AW now to win either the league or Cl or it's another silverless year. IMHO of course.

BTW> Did you see the effort of Denilson for the second??
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 24, 2010, 04:03:54 PM
Eggs and basket(s). This puts pressure on AW now to win either the league or Cl or it's another silverless year. IMHO of course.

What pressure? The board won't sack Wenger and the Arsenals fans will whinge but they won't ask for his head, he'll want from within but that's a different pressure from what you and bad football writers who need copy will write.

QuoteBTW> Did you see the effort of Denilson for the second??

Awful, can't see what the likes of him or Lucas, Mikel and Anderson offer. Poor players riding on the coat tails of superior players.
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

I see AW cracking in front of bad football writers regularly!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

From the Bunker

Sad to say but the FA Cup has become a bit of an inconvenience. Sure Utd, Arsenal and Liverpool would like to be in it still, but as the dust settles and an FA Cup Saturday comes around and these clubs can rest players and better prepare for mid week matches. Champions League, Champions League places and retaining Premiership status are the prime goals in the money rich game. The Europa league, Carling Cup and FA Cup are inconveniences where the only bonus is to give new signings, fringe players and sub goalies games.

Denn Forever

I saw that Sol Campbell was playing.  How did he do and that must be some kick in the nuts to Senderos.

Sol Campbell for South Africa?  What odds would you get on that?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...