Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Watcher Pat

4 games that could make/break the season.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

ONeill

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on December 31, 2009, 01:48:17 PM
4 games that could make/break the season.

No matter what Wenger said last night, it'd be better to go into those games with a big striker from the January fire sales. He'll probably say Bender will be back by then.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

The Watcher Pat

Totally Agree need a good striker, Not just some cheap make weight until RVP gets back.

ONeill

One of those goals last night reminded me of this - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LIzqOJdk7Jo - every time I watch this it gets better.

The Watcher Pat

Aye Nasri's they only show the last bit when Eduardo get's it in the replays and focus on the terrible defending but the move started at the edge of the box with Ramsey..Great goal

ONeill

Too right. Feel nothing for this competition since the mid-noughties.

Wenger will not compromise title bid

Arsene Wenger has reassured Arsenal fans he can understand their love affair with the FA Cup, but insists the Gunners must not compromise their fight for the Barclays Premier League title.

Arsenal gave their supporters a day out at Wembley last season when reaching the semi-finals, before being beaten by Chelsea after taking the lead. While Wenger can understand the need for another decent run in the world's oldest knockout competition, which starts at West Ham on Sunday, sustaining their challenge for the championship must come first.

"We want to win, but we want to protect our home games against Bolton and Everton as well, to keep the momentum going," said Wenger.

"The Premier League is always more important [than the FA Cup], but, in the eyes of the fans, we are looking for trophies.

"However, the Premier League is so hard that you want to take care of your position.

"Two years ago we had a very good chance [at the title], and we were not far away.

"At the moment we have to keep our spirit and out attitude, then we have a chance."

Wenger added: "A season is judged on the overall achievement, and people look to who has won the trophies - but I also look at how we have done and how consistently we have played.

"This team is enjoyable to watch, but also to manage because I want to win every game."

Owenbeg

Lethal, pity he couldnt do it a bit more often!!!!!!!

Dinny Breen

Phew! Thought schadenfreude was going to come back and bite me in the ass...

- Is Eduardo playing himself into form, starting to look sharp and great header for the goal, still need to buy a stiker in Jan though...
- Another game under the belts for Wilshire, Merida and Vela, thought Vela's movement was excellent and thought his work rate was deserving of a goal in the end.
- Is Ramsey the new Fabregas and can they play together without a holding player
- Arsenal so far have coped at different stages without Almiunia (not hard), RVP and Fabregas, if they can now cope without Song it could be a very promising year, lets hope Vermaelen doesn't get injured

Although not playing today Carlton Cole would be my choice for the striker berth....
#newbridgeornowhere

charlie stubbs

Quote from: wallyman on December 30, 2009, 09:52:56 PM
ramsey is the best teen in the premiership at the min.

been very impressed with him last wek agaainst pompey,today and against scotland for wales.  diaby has been very good also

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 03, 2010, 06:20:47 PM
Phew! Thought schadenfreude was going to come back and bite me in the ass...

- Is Eduardo playing himself into form, starting to look sharp and great header for the goal, still need to buy a stiker in Jan though...
- Another game under the belts for Wilshire, Merida and Vela, thought Vela's movement was excellent and thought his work rate was deserving of a goal in the end.
- Is Ramsey the new Fabregas and can they play together without a holding player
- Arsenal so far have coped at different stages without Almiunia (not hard), RVP and Fabregas, if they can now cope without Song it could be a very promising year, lets hope Vermaelen doesn't get injured

Although not playing today Carlton Cole would be my choice for the striker berth....

eduardo goal was excellent had a lot to do and did very well to beat upson in the air.the goals arsenal; are getting this season very goo,when you consider supporters feel they need a striker
was disappointed with wilshere today
arsenal appear to be playing a 3 man midfield, so suppose you could have a holding player and ramsey and diaby
denilson i presume will hve to step up to the plate in jan to replace song.i thought he was rubbish,but has been good the few times i saw him this year

cole may be the type of striker you require more physical type of player.depends on west hams situation financially though.  if he is sold i think they will go down.  think dzeko has been priced at £20 mill.  wenger in his interview today appeared hint he may buy if correct player available

ONeill

Wonder if the game v Bolton will go ahead.

On one hand it'd be good to get it out of the road, on the other the squad is a bit stretched at the minute.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on January 06, 2010, 12:09:21 AM
Wonder if the game v Bolton will go ahead.

On one hand it'd be good to get it out of the road, on the other the squad is a bit stretched at the minute.

Maybe not if the Bolton fans can't make their way to the ground. I hope it goes ahead. Bolton are there for the taking and this is the all important game in hand which we MUST capatilise on.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

ross4life

well looks like the Bolton v Arsenal game is going ahead! makes no sense when you consider the Carling cup ties were called off

the Reebok staduim is only 20miles from the City of manchester & all of northern england has been hit bad by snow
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2010, 03:39:29 PM
well looks like the Bolton v Arsenal game is going ahead! makes no sense when you consider the Carling cup ties were called off

the Reebok staduim is only 20miles from the City of manchester & all of northern england has been hit bad by snow

Sure the Bolton v Arsenal game is not a for a few weeks. Plently of time for the snow to clear. Don't understand your coparison at all.

While you're there. Any word if Arsenal v Bolton will be on tonight?  ;) :D
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on January 06, 2010, 03:42:58 PM
Quote from: ross4life on January 06, 2010, 03:39:29 PM

Sure the Bolton v Arsenal game is not a for a few weeks. Plently of time for the snow to clear. Don't understand your coparison at all.

While you're there. Any word if Arsenal v Bolton will be on tonight?  ;) :D

thanks for the correction i was sure it was in the Reebok ???

anyways the Arsenal v bolton game is now off!
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open