Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Ross4life, run along to the Manure thread like the good boy you are, cheers...
#newbridgeornowhere

ross4life

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 28, 2009, 11:48:25 PM
Ross4life, run along to the Manure thread like the good boy you are, cheers...

in the language of your great dear wenger, Embrassez mon âne ;)
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Jimmy Two Times

Quote from: ross4life on December 28, 2009, 11:46:03 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 28, 2009, 07:45:54 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 08:07:10 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 27, 2009, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2009, 12:18:39 AM
Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

BECAUSE chelsea & man united are not even out of 2nd gear yet!

come april/may arsenal i expect will be 9/10 points behind the leaders

A team with a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game doesn't have too many gears to go up son.

yup a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game that still won three league title's in a row or maybe you forgot that my old dad?

That was when they had a certain number 7 masking their deficiencies with 20 plus goals a season...............

apart from 2007/08 where that certain no 7 scored 31 league goals the other two title winning seasons he scored 17 & 18 last season (which were all scored in old trafford)

so maybe your still asking yourself where will the goals come from??

let's take Rooney as a example, title winning seasons he scored 14, 12 & 12 already this season he has scored 13!

Did I say league goals?............and no I wasn't asking myself where will the goals come from.

ross4life

Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 29, 2009, 01:11:44 PM
Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

A team with a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game doesn't have too many gears to go up son.

yup a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game that still won three league title's in a row or maybe you forgot that my old dad?

That was when they had a certain number 7 masking their deficiencies with 20 plus goals a season...............

apart from 2007/08 where that certain no 7 scored 31 league goals the other two title winning seasons he scored 17 & 18 last season (which were all scored in old trafford)

let's take Rooney as a example, title winning seasons he scored 14, 12 & 12 already this season he has scored 13!

Did I say league goals?............and no I wasn't asking myself where will the goals come from.

the whole discussion is about the league title is it not?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Jimmy Two Times

Quote from: ross4life on December 29, 2009, 06:16:05 PM

Well observed...I stated that Ronaldo was a 20 plus goals a season player and his inclusion masked the deficiencies in United's midfield....he obviously scored the majority of these goals in the league...Rooney will not score enough goals to compensate for the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez's goals from last season...

ross4life

Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 29, 2009, 07:42:51 PM

Well observed...I stated that Ronaldo was a 20 plus goals a season player and his inclusion masked the deficiencies in United's midfield....he obviously scored the majority of these goals in the league...Rooney will not score enough goals to compensate for the loss of Ronaldo and Tevez's goals from last season...

i thought i already proved with the stats he has already?

ronaldo scored 18 league goals last season, Rooney already scored 13

as for tevez last season he only scored 5 league goals, his replacement owen has already scored 2 goals & should be able to score 5?

i for one WON'T use the loss of ronaldo & tevez as the reasons if why united lost the league (if it does happen)

Dinny Breen

Why do managers always seem to get sacked before the Arse are due to play them, Bolton has gone from a handy 6 points to a dog fight twice in 3 weeks...
#newbridgeornowhere

wallyman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 30, 2009, 11:44:53 AM
Why do managers always seem to get sacked before the Arse are due to play them, Bolton has gone from a handy 6 points to a dog fight twice in 3 weeks...

I think you'l find Avram Grant's first game as Pompey boss was against utd.

Gaffer

Quote from: ross4life on December 29, 2009, 07:52:18 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 29, 2009, 07:42:51 PM

i thought i already proved with the stats he has already?

ronaldo scored 18 league goals last season, Rooney already scored 13

as for tevez last season he only scored 5 league goals, his replacement owen has already scored 2 goals & should be able to score 5?

i for one WON'T use the loss of ronaldo & tevez as the reasons if why united lost the league (if it does happen)

I would !!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

Dinny Breen

Quote from: wallyman on December 30, 2009, 12:37:44 PM

Who's talking about Pompey? Gary Megson has been sacked and Bolton are due to play the Goons next Wed...
#newbridgeornowhere

wallyman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 30, 2009, 01:20:19 PM
Quote from: wallyman on December 30, 2009, 12:37:44 PM

Who's talking about Pompey? Gary Megson has been sacked and Bolton are due to play the Goons next Wed...

Your point is that managers always get sacked before Arsenal play their team. Well, I think you will find that Arsenal play Portsmouth tonight. Grant was appointed manager a few weeks ago...and low and below their first opponents were Utd (not arsenal!  ;))

Dinny Breen

I wasn't stating fact only perception..
#newbridgeornowhere

wallyman

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 30, 2009, 01:46:31 PM
I wasn't stating fact only perception..

Well you need to take them arse tinted glasses off!  ;)

ONeill

Apprehensive about tonight. After beating the Scousers, Arsenal drew away with Burnley. Now after hammering Villa, they need to justify their title challengers tag, or feck them.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.