Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Wouldn't it be great to have a Rooney-type up front. He's the only Utd player I'd take. Class control and vision.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

QuoteWouldn't it be great to have a Rooney-type up front. He's the only Utd player I'd take. Class control and vision.

Freaky was only saying the same thing  :o
#newbridgeornowhere

ExiledGael

Quote from: Dinny Breen on December 27, 2009, 06:01:25 PM
QuoteWouldn't it be great to have a Rooney-type up front. He's the only Utd player I'd take. Class control and vision.

Freaky was only saying the same thing  :o

Vidic? Van der Sar? Evra?

Dinny Breen

QuoteVidic? Van der Sar? Evra?

On current form, no chance.
#newbridgeornowhere

ExiledGael

Two of those players were on the world team of the year and you must admit Almunia is and always will be a liability.
I do agree United's squad is a bit short on quality, especially around midfield, but there are a few world class players there.

Dinny Breen

CURRENT FORM, not past glories....

Almunia for all his problems is still better than the pole and an injured VDS, just about mind you...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jimmy Two Times

Quote from: wallyman on December 27, 2009, 12:54:34 PM
Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 27, 2009, 12:44:52 PM
Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 12:26:33 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 27, 2009, 12:18:39 AM
Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

BECAUSE chelsea & man united are not even out of 2nd gear yet!

come april/may arsenal i expect will be 9/10 points behind the leaders

A team with a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game doesn't have too many gears to go up son.

Hargreaves is on the way back son.

Been hearing that for 3 months.  He's not exactly Roy Keane either.

Norf Tyrone

What's the deal with Cesc's injury?

Every f**king player I have on my team seems to get injured. I had 4 missed penalties one weekend a few weeks back!!
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ross4life

Massive game tomorrow. Can't understand how Arsenal are in the title race. They're still playing middlin.

A team with a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game doesn't have too many gears to go up son.

yup a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game that still won three league title's in a row or maybe you forgot that my old dad?
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 08:07:10 PM

yup a midfield where Park, Gibson, Obertan, Carrick, an over the hill Scholes and last but not least Nani can get a game that still won three league title's in a row or maybe you forgot that my old dad?

Has Gibson won 3 league titles?

ross4life

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 27, 2009, 08:42:31 PM

he was part of the squad but was out on loan to wolves & Royal Antwerp so maybe not?

but the united fan's chant today sums up jimmy quote best,  "we are s**t & but we are champions" :D
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: ross4life on December 27, 2009, 08:55:55 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on December 27, 2009, 08:42:31 PM

he was part of the squad but was out on loan to wolves & Royal Antwerp so maybe not?

but the united fan's chant today sums up jimmy quote best,  "we are s**t & but we are champions" :D

That doesn't even scan. Awful chant.

ross4life

we're s**t but we're champions or something like that  ???

Jimmy Two Times

That was when they had a certain number 7 masking their deficiencies with 20 plus goals a season...............

ross4life

Quote from: Jimmy Two Times on December 28, 2009, 07:45:54 PM

That was when they had a certain number 7 masking their deficiencies with 20 plus goals a season...............

apart from 2007/08 where that certain no 7 scored 31 league goals the other two title winning seasons he scored 17 & 18 last season (which were all scored in old trafford)

so maybe your still asking yourself where will the goals come from??

let's take Rooney as a example, title winning seasons he scored 14, 12 & 12 already this season he has scored 13!