Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nutsy--1

excellent result today, great to see walcott scoring, i wonder will fabio pick him???

ONeill

That was bloody sexy, sexy football.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Jimmy Two Times

Fabregas was unrecognisable from the player who was misplacing passes and losing the ball against Fulham.  Four assists and one goal was some return.  Rosicky looks like he is getting back to his best.  Glad to see Big Sam getting taught a football lesson.

ONeill

It was one of those Arsenal games, usually 2-3 a season, that was just like watching fantasy football. You could sense the Blackburn players just wanted out of there around 70 mins. Fabregas was titanic. His goal was special but his simple lay-off for Walcott was telepathic. That goal was a poorer version of the famous Brazil 70 WC final goal.

Pity there's an international break now. What about Vermaelen?? Some buy so far. 

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on October 04, 2009, 08:15:48 PM
It was one of those Arsenal games, usually 2-3 a season, that was just like watching fantasy football. You could sense the Blackburn players just wanted out of there around 70 mins. Fabregas was titanic. His goal was special but his simple lay-off for Walcott was telepathic. That goal was a poorer version of the famous Brazil 70 WC final goal.

Pity there's an international break now. What about Vermaelen?? Some buy so far.
They need to pay attention in the other 30 odd matches if they want back up with the big boys. Having said that, in full flow there is no better team to watch.

Jimmy Two Times

Vermaelen has been immense, you have to credit him and Gallas.  They have the toughest assignment in the team as they are left in a lot of one on one situations on counter attacks as the midfielders and full backs bomb on.  Chelsea, Man U and Liverpool's centre halves get more protection.  More of the same will do against the brum next up.

ildanach

very true. we are just gathering some momentum. however we still need to sign a defensive midfielder though in january
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Armagh CĂșchulainns

Quote from: ildanach on October 04, 2009, 10:03:36 PM

very true. we are just gathering some momentum. however we still need to sign a defensive midfielder though in january

100% agree as song will be in african nations i wonder would Viera do the trick?? i'm glad theo isn't picked for england.
Its all about the Hurling.

ONeill

Jaysus lads, page 9!!

Anyways, back on the road today. A few injuries - Diaby, Eduardo, Clichy, Bendtner - not sure about Walcott.

nutsy--1

Does Martin Taylor still play for birmingham, i hope he doesn't get any abuse. I was hoping to see Bendtner playing ah well asharvin and van persie will have to do.

ONeill

ONeill

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on October 17, 2009, 08:42:40 PM
Motoring nicely.

Sure are and the only one of the 'top 4' who are playing well.

Will be top soon ;D

Utd are playing shite and their luck willl soon run out (Hopefully)
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

nutsy--1

Tough game next week for arsenal west ham away but i think we should win it, hopefully the boys come back from holland injury free.

Quick question is Defoe suspended for the derby game???