Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

tyronefella

Quote from: botman on September 09, 2009, 05:30:12 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2009, 05:24:18 PM
Rosicky has just played the first half for the Czechs. Fairly surprising.

Vermaelen not in Belgium squad.

Going out on limb here - but do you think it's because he is shite?

lol wat do u mean by shite? probably the best player Belgium have but he was suspended for the game. Good to see Rosicky getting some game time for the chezcks ludermor  :D

nutsy--1

Quote from: ONeill on September 09, 2009, 05:24:18 PM
Rosicky has just played the first half for the Czechs. Fairly surprising.

great news for everybody concerned but will he be back to what he was, it's been a long time since he played

Archie Mitchell

Arshavin out for 3 games after playing for Russia.

Will be a big miss v City at the weekend. This has the makings of a good game. Id settle for a result like the last time the teams met @ Eastlands. Are Adebayor and Toure certs to score?

muppet

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on September 10, 2009, 10:18:58 PM
Arshavin out for 3 games after playing for Russia.

Will be a big miss v City at the weekend. This has the makings of a good game. Id settle for a result like the last time the teams met @ Eastlands. Are Adebayor and Toure certs to score?

Yes. 1-1 draw then.
MWWSI 2017

tyroneman

Do any of the gooners on here believe rvp is not all he is made out to be?

nutsy--1

Quote from: tyroneman on September 11, 2009, 09:40:36 AM
Do any of the gooners on here believe rvp is not all he is made out to be?

i think he's one the best forwards in the premiership but injuries are a big thing with him

ONeill

Adebayor:   

I have never been a bad influence in the dressing room. I had a little difficult moment with Nicklas Bendtner.

There was a rule at Arsenal where no one is allowed to come into the dressing room with trainers or house shoes on. I cannot understand why Nicklas came every day with his shoes on.

[Adebayor confronts Bendtner:] "Nicklas, you are a footballer, I am a footballer. Maybe I am better than you, maybe you are better than me but you have to respect everyone. There are rules saying you cannot come into the dressing-room with your house shoes. Take them off.

He never took them off and things started from there. I cannot accept that. Even if that happened tomorrow at City, I would fight with somebody.

The Boss jumped on me. 'Why me?' I said. 'Nicklas is 20, he has to do the things that [William] Gallas, Robin Van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are doing.

Nicklas had a very easy route [into football]. He had the chance to be in the Arsenal Academy, the chance to be an international for Denmark. Football doesn't stop there. You are young, you have to learn. No matter what quality you have, you have to listen to people, let people help you to be good.

I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth. I left Africa at 15, came to Europe [with Metz] and it was very difficult but I knew if I listened I would be better. That's what pushed me to where I am today.

People in my country love me. I represent my country very well. My family are very proud of me. But I can do more. That's why I am always fighting to improve and be one of the best strikers in the world. I am fighting in games to see how many goals I can score, how many passes I can make, how many tackles, how many times I am coming back to help my team-mates.

If Ronaldo had gone to Manchester United and thought 'I'm good' he would not have become the best player in the world. He worked with the United players, who helped make him big. Nicklas just thinks he can make himself big.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Norf Tyrone

All the pundits on R5 were tipping Arsenal to win this today, but I've a feeling City's players will have something to prove, and nick it 2-1. Surprised how many and how easilly people are writing City off.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: ONeill on September 12, 2009, 09:23:57 AM
Adebayor:   

I have never been a bad influence in the dressing room. I had a little difficult moment with Nicklas Bendtner.

There was a rule at Arsenal where no one is allowed to come into the dressing room with trainers or house shoes on. I cannot understand why Nicklas came every day with his shoes on.

[Adebayor confronts Bendtner:] "Nicklas, you are a footballer, I am a footballer. Maybe I am better than you, maybe you are better than me but you have to respect everyone. There are rules saying you cannot come into the dressing-room with your house shoes. Take them off.

He never took them off and things started from there. I cannot accept that. Even if that happened tomorrow at City, I would fight with somebody.

The Boss jumped on me. 'Why me?' I said. 'Nicklas is 20, he has to do the things that [William] Gallas, Robin Van Persie and Cesc Fabregas are doing.

Nicklas had a very easy route [into football]. He had the chance to be in the Arsenal Academy, the chance to be an international for Denmark. Football doesn't stop there. You are young, you have to learn. No matter what quality you have, you have to listen to people, let people help you to be good.

I was not born with a golden spoon in my mouth. I left Africa at 15, came to Europe [with Metz] and it was very difficult but I knew if I listened I would be better. That's what pushed me to where I am today.

People in my country love me. I represent my country very well. My family are very proud of me. But I can do more. That's why I am always fighting to improve and be one of the best strikers in the world. I am fighting in games to see how many goals I can score, how many passes I can make, how many tackles, how many times I am coming back to help my team-mates.

If Ronaldo had gone to Manchester United and thought 'I'm good' he would not have become the best player in the world. He worked with the United players, who helped make him big. Nicklas just thinks he can make himself big.

so thats what it's all about Bentdner wore the wrong shoes! Fcuk me stick the head in him now.....

Never seen him make a tackle in my life....Seems to be a better atmosphere there without him...Hope bentdner rams his words down his throat today.....Nothing like motivating a player like that...Bet you sparky is raging!

Nor back to the Chelsea thread you go there quit trying to wind gooners up or i will set Bentdner on you!

:D :D :D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Norf Tyrone

I genuinelly wasn't trying to wind the Goons up, but I honestly think people are writing City off very quickly.

To prove it. Signing of the season so far.... Vermullen?

Spelling might be ropy there.

Dinny Breen

In fairness to NT, I thought it was fair comment but I think Man City and in particular Hughes have a lot to prove and many pundits would have reservations about Hughes ability to deliver and I thinking let Dunne go could prove very costly. The game itself I think will be a draw but hoping for a good reaction from the goons after the Manchester robbery...

Also I think Adebayor talks a lot of sense, all he is saying is common sense, team rules need to be observed and young players should respect senior players, hardly vengeful stuff now...
#newbridgeornowhere

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 12, 2009, 10:54:53 AM
In fairness to NT, I thought it was fair comment but I think Man City and in particular Hughes have a lot to prove and many pundits would have reservations about Hughes ability to deliver and I thinking let Dunne go could prove very costly. The game itself I think will be a draw but hoping for a good reaction from the goons after the Manchester robbery...

Also I think Adebayor talks a lot of sense, all he is saying is common sense, team rules need to be observed and young players should respect senior players, hardly vengeful stuff now...

Agree that the Dunne deal (Pardon the pun) was a strange one. They could do with good, experienced cover in that role. Also IF City have a good year, it would have been a good reward for Dunne for his loyalty.

I think that this is City's first game where-by people are going to stand back and wait to see how they cope. In that regard I believe motivation for Hughes, and the players will be huge.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 12, 2009, 10:39:30 AM
I genuinelly wasn't trying to wind the Goons up, but I honestly think people are writing City off very quickly.

Only keeping you going....If i thought you were serious i would really send Martin Keown on to you!!! 3-1 Arsenal 2day by the way!
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on September 12, 2009, 11:59:53 AM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on September 12, 2009, 10:39:30 AM

Only keeping you going....If i thought you were serious i would really send Martin Keown on to you!!! 3-1 Arsenal 2day by the way!

Keown? KEOWN? Ach sure I'd get Nigel Spackman to him.

Kudos to anyone that remembers Spackman lamping Keown one time!