Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eastern_Pride

In all fairness yiz only have one world class player and I can see Man City coming in 4th......SPEND SOME MONEY! oh fabregas as well but thats it. When wenger spends money he does well full stop
Do you think Usain Bolt could replace Thomas Walsh?

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Eastern_Pride on August 02, 2009, 12:21:38 AM
In all fairness yiz only have one world class player and I can see Man City coming in 4th......SPEND SOME MONEY! oh fabregas as well but thats it. When wenger spends money he does well full stop

World class players? Asharvin, Fabregas, Rosicky, Van Persie, Walcott, Sagna, are all world class and the rest are pretty good too...If city are coming 4th which of Manu u, Chelsea or Liverpool are 5th then...Liverpool haven't really strenghtened and will lose Alonso
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

DennistheMenace

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on August 02, 2009, 08:46:32 AM

World class players? Asharvin, Fabregas, Rosicky, Van Persie, Walcott, Sagna, are all world class and the rest are pretty good too...If city are coming 4th which of Manu u, Chelsea or Liverpool are 5th then...Liverpool haven't really strenghtened and will lose Alonso

Walcott world-class ? LOL

Citeh won't overtake Arsenal this season, not with that Hughes at the helm.

corn02

Come off it Pat.

Fabregas and at a stretch Van Persie. Naming Walcott is laughable.

Gerrard, Reina and Torres are Liverpool's world class players.

DennistheMenace

corn02

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 02, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
...and Alonso.

Probably, but only because very few can play that role at present.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: corn02 on August 02, 2009, 12:46:08 PM
Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 02, 2009, 12:33:06 PM
...and Alonso.

Probably, but only because very few can play that role at present.
For liverpool or the whole world?!

DennistheMenace

How good is Wiltshire, looked immense today.

mortified

Wiltshire looks quality, hopefully will get more games this season and avoid injury. impressed yesterday
quit your jibba jabba fool!!

DennistheMenace

Outside chance of him being included in England WC squad i think.

Eastern_Pride

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 03, 2009, 01:12:39 PM
Outside chance of him being included in England WC squad i think.
Lampard, gerrard, barry, carrick, hargreaves, parker even....don't hold your breath.

anportmorforjfc

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin is being mocked by his Gunners team-mates who say his accent sounds like the meerkat featured on the Compare the Market television advert. (The Sun)  :D

irunthev

Quote from: DennistheMenace on August 02, 2009, 12:00:27 PM

Walcott world-class ? LOL

Citeh won't overtake Arsenal this season, not with that Hughes at the helm.

Would have to agree with DtM. Walcott has potential but isn't word class, neither rs Rosicky. Wenger often leaves it late in the day to buy, but he has the cash now to buy at least one very good player and one with potential. Getting Viera back too would secure 4th this term. City under Hughes won't manage it. He has too many egos up there now and once the novelty of all the cash wears off on the players, he will struggle to keep a few of them interested.

Archie Mitchell

Rosicky injured again. Hurt his hamstring in training. Could be out for 6 weeks.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/8188609.stm

Gaffer

Need to beat the Celts or we're in for some stick !!!!
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"