Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gunnergael

Surely Arsenal could squeeze more than £20 million out of City for Adebayor.  In fairness I would take hand and all of the Sheikhs at this stage after the way he played last season.  The beat on the street is that Marouane Chamakh is lined up to come in from Bordeaux.  Would prefer to use some of the funds to sign Felipe Melo from Udinese to add some steel to midfield. 

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

ildanach

good bit of business if it goes through. bought him for 7m sell him for 25m
Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh has a 7m ger out clause in his contract so leaving 18m to buy a defensive midfielder.

might be a chance of landing richards or dunne from city if they sigh terry as there could be foundations of relationship between us if this deal goes through ???
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

Archie Mitchell

Adebayor having a meeting in Manchester tomorrow morning about a work permit. Seems the deal is almost done. Good business by Arsenal in selling him, for City it doesnt matter what they paid as they are going to be taken to the cleaners for every transfer now but can still well afford it.

Won't be much of a relationship between City and Arsenal. Wenger was one of the first ones to start slabbering about City's wealth, since then it's been Benitez, Ferguson and Redknapp. Although Wenger has since admitted that City could be a force this next few seasons, whereas the others havent. Brian Marwood is working for City now though.

ONeill

Home  Sport
ARSENAL FANS HOLD PRAYER VIGIL FOR ADEBAYOR MOVE       
ARSENAL fans staged a candlelight vigil at the Emirates stadium last night praying that Manchester City's bid for Emmanuel Adebayor is successful.

Is God listening to Arsenal?
Candles were lit in front of a hastily erected shrine depicting the striker in a taxi heading up the M6, while others released white doves clutching ceremonial transfer cheques.

Adebayor fell out of favour with Arsenal fans after sitting in a deckchair and reading a book on the halfway line during a Champion's League match.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger said: "City are keen to sign Ade, as well as the tea lady and a really nasty painting of Ray Parlour in the board room.

"I offered them a brace of cheap Ivory Coastians and as many Frenchmen as they could fit in their van. The next thing I heard was the 'beep-beep' of a forklift backing up with all the money."

City will pay by the hundred-weight for the players, with Wenger offloading whatever leftovers are hanging around the changing room, and Tomas Rosicky.

He added: "I've completely forgotten what we originally bought him for. Does he clean the bogs?"

City are expected to field a 1-1-8 formation with Adebayor playing in the inside-wide-right-secondary-holding striker position until someone explains to Mark Hughes what midfield is.

Wayne Hayes, secretary of the Arsenal Supporters' Club, said: "Arsene brought us success, beautiful football and the glorious Thierry Henry. But if the Adebayor deal falls through, I swear I'll rip his c**k out through his nose."

Meanwhile, as Chelsea captain John Terry ponders a move to Man City, his agent said: "John's a winner which means we'll need enough money so he can buy a solid gold Aston Martin and then pretend he won it by playing football."

DennistheMenace

Such an unpopular player especially with Gooners, up there with Eboue.

Personally I think if they can get Eduardo fit, it will be like a new player, a deadly finisher who could form a a lethal partnership with RVP.

muppet

http://goal.com/en/news/9/england/2009/07/14/1382414/tomas-rosicky-included-in-arsenal-pre-season-squad

Tomas Rosicky Included In Arsenal Pre-Season Squad
The Czech dynamo could make his long-awaited return sooner than we thought...

Arsenal have released - via their official website - a probable squad list for Saturday's annual pre-season friendly match against Barnet. The most notable of the inclusions being one Tomas Rosicky.

It comes as a surprise that the crocked midfielder could be making a return to the first team in light of his recent admission that it might take until the turn of the year until a full recovery is made.

And while Arsenal.com have made it clear that nobody is guaranteed a place at this point, the official squad list is expected to be released by the website on Friday.

Partnering Rosicky in the shock return department, Phillipe Senderos has found his name on the shortlist, despite rumours linking the Swiss defender with a move elsewhere.

A full list of the players available is as follows: Almunia, Rosicky, Eduardo, Clichy, Mannone, Gallas, Djourou, Wilshere, Nasri, Denilson, Silvestre, Arshavin, Traore, Senderos and Vermaelen.

Noticable absentees from the list would include Theo Walcott and Kieran Gibbs, both players on extended leave due to their international duties, while Emmanuel Adebayor seems set to make the switch to Manchester City.
MWWSI 2017

centre 3/4s

Quote from: DennistheMenace on July 15, 2009, 01:17:36 AM
Such an unpopular player especially with Gooners, up there with Eboue.

Personally I think if they can get Eduardo fit, it will be like a new player, a deadly finisher who could form a a lethal partnership with RVP.

will be great to see the back of him, must be the laziest player to ever play football, missed as many as he scored... 25m is some offer Hughes is taking some chance with this nob!

The Watcher Pat

Kick-off times confirmed for ESPN fixtures

Today the Premier League have confirmed that the matches being shown on ESPN have had the kick off time amended from 5.15pm to 5.30pm.

Everton v Arsenal
Goodison Park
Saturday 15th August 2009, Kick Off will now be 5.30pm
Live on ESPN

Fulham v Arsenal
Craven Cottage
Saturday 26th September 2009, Kick Off will now be 5.30pm
Live on ESPN

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal
Molineux Stadium
Saturday 7th November 2009, Kick off will now be 5.30pm

How/Where do you get this channel. Haven't seen any advertisements or anything asking people to subscribe.
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

TacadoirArdMhacha

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on July 15, 2009, 03:15:36 PM
Kick-off times confirmed for ESPN fixtures

Today the Premier League have confirmed that the matches being shown on ESPN have had the kick off time amended from 5.15pm to 5.30pm.

Everton v Arsenal
Goodison Park
Saturday 15th August 2009, Kick Off will now be 5.30pm
Live on ESPN

Fulham v Arsenal
Craven Cottage
Saturday 26th September 2009, Kick Off will now be 5.30pm
Live on ESPN

Wolverhampton Wanderers v Arsenal
Molineux Stadium
Saturday 7th November 2009, Kick off will now be 5.30pm

How/Where do you get this channel. Haven't seen any advertisements or anything asking people to subscribe.

On freeview it has just automatically replaced Setanta. I don't subscribe so I don't know how you'd go about it.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

tyronefella

well adebayor is away now, for his record at arsenal he got some abuse! im getting very concern about how quiet they have been in the transfer market huntlaar would be a good siging. wat u lads think?

StGallsGAA

Quotewell adebayor is away now, for his record at arsenal he got some abuse! im getting very concern about how quiet they have been in the transfer market huntlaar would be a good siging. wat u lads think?

I think it's quite obvious Arsenal have no money.  The £25M for Adebayor should help tho

centre 3/4s

Great to see the back of that whore

Dinny Breen

Quote from: centre 3/4s on July 19, 2009, 11:29:20 AM
Great to see the back of that whore

Bit harsh, wasn't great last season but had a fantastic season the year before, personally I wasn't his biggest fan, very wasteful and slowed up the play too much. African footballers are a strange fish, very selfish and rarely see the bigger picture glad he's gone to be honest, 18m is a nice profit but as St Galls points out the goons have no money so Wenger won't be spending..

Now I off to put a big wad on the genius that is Bendtner to be top scorer 2009/10  8)
#newbridgeornowhere