Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

He should get a hat-trick tonight, a player of his quality against Vidic and Ferdinand, no contest...
#newbridgeornowhere

screenmachine

The quality of players around him at arsenal will help his goal tally due to the service he will receive.  He would struggle dreadfully outside of a big club due to the fact that he is shit, the same cannot be said about Anelka (Bolton), Rooney (Everton) or Torres (Atletico).
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

muppet

Quote from: screenmachine on May 05, 2009, 12:52:21 PM
The quality of players around him at arsenal will help his goal tally due to the service he will receive.  He would struggle dreadfully outside of a big club due to the fact that he is shit, the same cannot be said about Anelka (Bolton), Rooney (Everton) or Torres (Atletico).

He would struggle with the Inisturk U-12 B team.

Now prove me wrong ya Danish lug.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

That's more like it! Let's get behind the Bender tonight.

Is there a song about him?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

'he's big, he's long, has a first touch like king kong - bendtner, bendtner'

screenmachine

I would happily take a slaggin here tomorrow if bendtner scores the winner tonight, i would even retract my comments and put him in at least the top 5 strikers in the world bracket...'mon bendtner. :P
I'm gonna punch you in the ovary, that's what I'm gonna do. A straight shot. Right to the babymaker.

billy the kid

Quote from: Doogie Browser on May 05, 2009, 01:41:16 PM
'he's big, he's long, has a first touch like king kong - bendtner, bendtner'

One of the best football songs I have ever heard.  :D :D :D

Right up there with this about Celtics Nakamura;

There is only one Nakamura

He eats Chow Mein

He Votes Sinn Fein

Theres only one Nakamura
If it moves hit it
If it doesnt hit it anyway!!

irunthev

Desperately want to see Utd knocked out and think Wenger is a superb manager, but................... there is something so frustratingly infuriating about the way Arsenal play and I can see them being mobbed by the Utd defence and midfield. Their silky passing is way too easy to break up against a packed midfield. Whichever of either Rooney or Tevez start up front along with the incredible sulk, then they will act as an extra midfielder and probably work harder than any of the other midfielders. Arsenal may well get the majority of possession but I don't think it will come to anything... although I sincerely hope it does.

ONeill

Fergie usually sticks on a few spoilers against Arsenal. Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson or Park - prob 2 from those.

ONeill

Robin van Persie starts for Arsenal. Carlos Tevez and Dimitar Berbatov are BOTH on the bench for Man United, Ji-Sung Park starts.

(BBC)

ONeill

TEAMS Arsenal v Man Utd
Arsenal: Almunia, Sagna, Fabregas, Toure, Nasri, Van Persie, Walcott, Song, Djourou, Adebayor, Gibbs. Subs to follow.
Man Utd: Van der Sar, Evra, Ferdinand, Ronaldo, Anderson, Rooney, Park, Vidic, Carrick, O'Shea, Fletcher. Subs to follow.

stew

Quote from: ONeill on May 05, 2009, 06:48:01 PM
Fergie usually sticks on a few spoilers against Arsenal. Fletcher, Carrick, Anderson or Park - prob 2 from those.

Carrick should play for sure, I would not be surprised to see park play either. I dont rate park at all, his work rate is excellent but apart from that he is fairly average.

prediction. The Arse 2- United 2
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

ONeill

muppet

MWWSI 2017