Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tommy Tight Lips

song has improved since he has came to the club and yes he had been previously switched between midfield and defence but hes still not good enough to be a commanding defensive midfielder in the way silva or vieira was or petit.he is young but we cant afford to wait another 2 or 3 years for him to mature into a top class player if he ever does.we need at least 3/4 quality players in now otherwise we wont be able to keep of cesc and RVP who are quite clearly our two main men at the minute!

ONeill

Cesc was a wee bit subdued today as well. Looks like he's only up for the CL at this end of the season. I was impressed with Song again. Gilberto wasn't flashy and Song has grown into that role rapidly this season. The likes of Denilson only seems to perform when the side is well on top. On the back foot,games can pass him by. Diaby worked hard for the short time he was on.

Badly need a full strength side next week, especially Clichy and even Djourou.

Can see a very weakened side v Middlebrough this Sunday morning, maybe with Eduardo/Bendtner starting, especially if Villa and Everton drop points on Saturday. He may even rest Cesc with Denilson and Diaby in the centre, Arshavin and Nasri on the wings. If Toure picks up an injury Arsenal are fecked completely.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tommy Tight Lips

i could be wrong but im pretty sure djourou out for the season,clichy must be a big doubt for next week,could badly do with him back tho.silva wasnt a flashy player.i thot he was a very good passer of the ball.when he was struggling for games at arsenal he was still getting a regular game with brazil.if you look at the other top teams and compare their holding midfield players to ours,well thats the problem there is no comparison!even with everton and villa,well maybe not so much everton now with arteta being injured.

TacadoirArdMhacha

I'm loath to admit it but Liverpool were probably a bit unlucky there. Superb attacking from Arsenal at times. Arshavin's second was pure class. Neat build up for the first as well. Think Wenger needs to let his defence know that there are times when hoofing the ball 40 yards up the pitch is the right thing to do!
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

hitzelsperger

both defences we're brutal though Pool had to take chances cos they needed the win. Silvestre is another Cygan (every time he touches it i expect a mistake) and Sagna looked to be running on empty last 20mins!

Arsenal on the counter attack were brilliant and Arshavin, if he was available, would probably make the difference in us winning the CL! Arshavin was out of the game for the first half hour but once he got the 1st he was a thorn in Liverpools side! Cesc was played out of position and I cant believe Denilson wasn't subbed before half time. He constantly gave the ball away and gave Arsenal nothing coming forward! I have been critical of Song but in the last month he has held down the position in midfield and as said above, he aint flashy but does the job and not afraid to put the foot or shoulder in when its needed! Bendtner is useless and gives us no threat either in the air of on the deck, has to go!

Theo yet again scared the shíte out of the pool defence, his pace is ridiculous!

All in all was happy with a 4 all draw but should and could have been 7-6 either way!

Few big signings needed Especially at the back! Hope to God RVP and Adebayor are fit for CL against the Mancs or we are screwed!!

Gaffer

AS a Gooner I took very little from this game.
Defending was shocking and Arshavin can t even play in ther Champions League cos he is cup tied.
Cant see us competing with United at this rate.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

tyronefella

I think eduardo could still make a impact this season. hopefully hel get game time against boro to set him up for the manchester game, definetly worth putting on in front of donkey bendtner.

mrsandman

Constipated People Don't Give A crap.

ildanach

Quote from: Tommy Tight Lips on April 21, 2009, 11:21:43 PM
i could be wrong but im pretty sure djourou out for the season,clichy must be a big doubt for next week,could badly do with him back tho.

djourou will be back,read somewhere that he and clichy will both be fit for utd game
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

nutsy--1

RVP- one of the most frustrating players i know. Goes through most of season fit and coming up to the important time of year and he's injured. i know hes a great player when fully fit but i would get rid of him.

Gaffer

Agree about RVP.

Far too injury prone and like Sol Campbell  before him when it comes to the big matches towards the end of the season he is nowhere to be seen.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

nutsy--1

Arsenal's attacking options are very good for next season with or without RVP. In the summer we need a quality center back and a defensive Midfielder. i know song hasn't had a bad season but i dont think he good enough to be at one of europes top teams.

ONeill

Arsenal players walking on egg shells for fear of injury. That's when injuries often occur. Fabregas looked fecked for a minute there.

ONeill

Lucky he wasn't - he just scored. Arsenal training session. Can't believe Boro are meant to be a side fighting relegation.