Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2009, 04:29:33 PM
Quote from: Norf Tyrone on March 18, 2009, 02:01:47 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 18, 2009, 09:37:59 AM
QuoteFabregas has a history of spitting. It'll be interesting to see if Dinny Breen opens another spitting thread for the Cesc incident as he did previously.

Show me the evidence and I'll condemn it as easily as I condemned the scum that is John Terry or is this just another one of your idiotic posts around Arsenal.  ::)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oNh67eCJ0A8

Ach don't insult the intelligence of all on the board. That clip shows Cesc shouting something in Ballack's face. The ref, players and Ballack all saw it. No one complained of spitting. I suppose you also think Ricey spat at Ballack.
The Times also made reference today to FibreGlass spitting at Ballack. They are obviously insulting the intelligence of their readers.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Carmen Stateside

Carmen Stateside

Setanta spent 10 mins after game going on about it, even Wenger in his interveiw said that no one came to him to shake hands, which it did look like cause he looked towards the Hull bench several times before going down the tunnel.  My only thinking is that the picture may have been at the start of game!

Doogie Browser

Is Brown not wearing a different coloured shirt in the press conference?  Was the photo from an earlier meeting maybe?...

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: Doogie Browser on March 18, 2009, 05:22:39 PM
Is Brown not wearing a different coloured shirt in the press conference?  Was the photo from an earlier meeting maybe?...

Think your right! This was from last night. Not saying he didnt take it off! but its hardly the night for t shirts like some of the crowd in the other photo!

ONeill

Is that not from the earlier league game?

Wenger looked towards Brown. He was walking onto the pitch. Wenger then shrugged and walked down the tunnel.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2009, 05:41:24 PM
Is that not from the earlier league game?

Wenger looked towards Brown. He was walking onto the pitch. Wenger then shrugged and walked down the tunnel.

Thats what i saw to O Neill ! Brown seems to have blown everything out of proportion last night!

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: YogiBear on March 18, 2009, 04:20:07 PM
Just listening to Ian Wright on Talksport giving a very angry and passionate defence of Cesc and Arsenal.  Said Phil Brown loves the attention and its all about him and he loves the drama(remember their Man City game), Wright said he was disgusted Brown did what he did on Setanta last nite.  Said an problem he had should have been dealt with away from cameras.  Have to agree with him hope Hull don't get 1 more pt this year and go down.

I agree with that. I am sure it was 'emotions', but he should not have vented to the nation.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2009, 05:06:02 PM
The Times also made reference today to FibreGlass spitting at Ballack. They are obviously insulting the intelligence of their readers.

The Times said Fabregas spat at Ballack? I'm amazed they did that. What was the exact quote?

Minder

Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2009, 05:52:33 PM

The Times said Fabregas spat at Ballack? I'm amazed they did that. What was the exact quote?

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/03/are-you-sure-yo.html

Are you sure you've never spat, Cesc?

So 'whiter than white' Cesc Fabregas has released a statement in which he claims that not only did he not spit at Brian Horton, the Hull City assistant manager, at the Emirates last night but that he has never spat during his short career.

Just to remind you, Fabregas's statement read: "I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing?"

Well Cesc, some may beg to differ after watching this clip, taken from Arsenal's Champions League match with Bayern Munich in March 2005. Fabregas clashes with Michael Ballack, now at Chelsea, before appearing to spit in the German's face from close-range. He was booked by referee Massimo De Santis and no further action was taken by Uefa.

Draw your own conclusions.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

ONeill

A blog? 'appears'?

I remember ballack stating he wasn't spat at.

The Internet is not to be trusted.

ildanach

Quote from: Minder on March 18, 2009, 09:00:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on March 18, 2009, 05:52:33 PM

http://timesonline.typepad.com/thegame/2009/03/are-you-sure-yo.html

Are you sure you've never spat, Cesc?

So 'whiter than white' Cesc Fabregas has released a statement in which he claims that not only did he not spit at Brian Horton, the Hull City assistant manager, at the Emirates last night but that he has never spat during his short career.

Just to remind you, Fabregas's statement read: "I categorically deny that I spat at anybody after the match. I have never done this in my whole career on the pitch, so why would I do it when I am not even playing?"

Well Cesc, some may beg to differ after watching this clip, taken from Arsenal's Champions League match with Bayern Munich in March 2005. Fabregas clashes with Michael Ballack, now at Chelsea, before appearing to spit in the German's face from close-range. He was booked by referee Massimo De Santis and no further action was taken by Uefa.

Draw your own conclusions.

he was booked for the tackle. he would have gotten more than a yellow card had he spat at him and ballack would have made more of it had he been spat at.
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ildanach

villareal in the quater final. Away in the first leg
Statistics are like a bikini. What they reveal is suggestive, but what they conceal is vital.

ONeill

The return of Bobby Pires and Cygan. Good memories of the semi in 06. Riquelme and Lehmann.

Dinny Breen

Good draw especially been away in the 1st leg, think the Goons will definitely nick an away goal.

7/1 not a bad price for this comp.
#newbridgeornowhere