Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 12, 2009, 02:03:44 PM
ONeill,

He never looked like saving any last night and both goalies were truly terrible during the spot kicks I was really only referring to last nights game although two Carling cup games against lower league team isn't really a vindication, he's just not an imposing goalkeeper and does not inspire me. Actually some of the penalties last night were terrible imho, just look at the only one he saved and he should have saved at least two others.

keepers arent really expected to save from 12 yards in fairness

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Gunnergael

Thought the crowd treatment of Bendtner was bad form yesterday.  He misses an awful lot of chances but he's only 21 and still learning his trade....between this and the eboue incident, makes me think the prawn sandwhich brigade are out in force at the Emirates this season.

Great performance from the team though, Arshavin looks the business.

Gunnergael

Aye lol you can always rely on Jimmy to call it as he sees it!

Gaffer

They re getting their act together cos they know that yours truely will be over for the Man City game.

Managed to get a seat in Block 1 which is directly behind the Gunners dugout.
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"

imtommygunn

What did Jimmy Magee say about Bendtner? He is rubbish right enough - does not have the touch you'd associate with an Arsene Wenger player.

Eboue looks better now - he went through a phase where his head seemed well and truly up his arse.

I have a feeling arsenal could win something this year - something tells me the champions league...

Can Arshavin play CL?(didn't see the roma game)

Gaffer

Quote from: hardstation on March 15, 2009, 10:34:22 PM
Aye, but Jaysus, he was crap.

Did ya hear Jimmy Magee about him?

Jimmy would know all about being crap.

Remember when UTV employed him in the mid 90s to do their GAA commentary.

It was embarrassing listening to him, Total CRAP !!!!

Gaffer

Quote from: imtommygunn on March 15, 2009, 11:00:45 PM
What did Jimmy Magee say about Bendtner? He is rubbish right enough - does not have the touch you'd associate with an Arsene Wenger player.

Eboue looks better now - he went through a phase where his head seemed well and truly up his arse.

I have a feeling arsenal could win something this year - something tells me the champions league...

Can Arshavin play CL?(didn't see the roma game)

Read somewhere that he is cup-tied which is very disappointing.

ONeill

Yep he played for Zenit earlier so he's cup tied. But if Rosicky and Fabregas are fit by then, Arsenal can progress with a nicer draw (Porto/Villarreal).

Well done Spuds today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Gaffer

Quote from: ONeill on March 15, 2009, 11:10:50 PM
Yep he played for Zenit earlier so he's cup tied. But if Rosicky and Fabregas are fit by then, Arsenal can progress with a nicer draw (Porto/Villarreal).

Well done Spuds today.

Yes. They did us a favour . Villa are on the wane so hopefully we can secure 4th spot without too much trouble.

spiritof91and94

Quote from: Gunnergael on March 15, 2009, 10:32:17 PM
Thought the crowd treatment of Bendtner was bad form yesterday.  He misses an awful lot of chances but he's only 21 and still learning his trade....between this and the eboue incident, makes me think the prawn sandwhich brigade are out in force at the Emirates this season.

Great performance from the team though, Arshavin looks the business.

Bendtner was rubbish and the fans have had enough of his inconsistancy in front of goal - if mr Henry had of had those chances he would have bagged at least 4 - this has been our problem all year.
I enjoyed the announcer when eboue scored - 'the third goal by the arsenal goalscoring machine eboue!'

nutsy--1

My prediction wasn't too far wrong.

Carmen Stateside

Hull manager not happy!! Says Fabregas spat at the Hull assistant manager. Wenger wouldnt shake his hand either!

Norf Tyrone

Fabregas has a history of spitting. It'll be interesting to see if Dinny Breen opens another spitting thread for the Cesc incident as he did previously.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

Lucky in one sense that the goal was offside. However, if you attack incessantly you'll get that rub sometimes. The Russian has made some difference to his side. His energy and fight is contagious.

So, a final berth. Chelsea should pose no problems in the semi.

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.