ONeill

ARSEnal:

ARSEne Wenger
GallASS
FabregASS
ARSEshavin

Anyone else on the horizon?

Dean WindASS?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Doogie Browser

Puckoon

Norf Tyrone

Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

ONeill

10 years.

Spurs have not beaten Arsenal in 18 Premier League meetings, since George Graham's side achieved a 2-1 home victory on 7 November 1999, when Steffen Iversen and Tim Sherwood were on target, and Arsenal's Martin Keown and Freddie Ljungberg were both sent off. That was Tottenham's only maximum in 26 north London League derbies.

If Arsenal avoid defeat they will equal their longest unbeaten streak against a specific opponent in the Premier League; matching the 19 games against Chelsea between 16 December 1995 and 20 April 2005, and the 19 without loss against Aston Villa between 16 May 1999 to 1 March 2008.

David Pleat, Glenn Hoddle, Jacques Santini, Martin Jol and Juande Ramos all failed as Tottenham managers to get the better of Arsene Wenger's men in a league game. Now Harry Redknapp will be doing his utmost to ensure he does not join the list.

nutsy--1

A must win for both teams with very different goals. I hope arsenal can lift there game because this one is gona be tough.

Is arshavin definitly 23???

Tommy Tight Lips

given that we were down to 10 men and modrics late sitter,a draw isnt a bad result away from home but seriously beginning to doubt if we will make the top 4.i know we are missing a few players but unless we get fabregas,theo,rosicky,eduardo and arshavin on board and firing on all cylinders i believe we are in trouble.whilst we battled well today against the odds,we were seriously devoid of quality.i cant see how even the most faithful gooner could argue that eboue,bentner,song and denilson would start for a team in the top ten in the premiership,in particular the first 2 names and more so eboue than bentner.eboue is a shocking right sided midfielder,hes a decent back up for right back but thats it.bentners touch for a striker is very poor at times and his goals to games ratio is nowhere near good enough for a striker at arsenal.the other 2 simply dont have enough quality to play in an arsenal midfield.they regularly give the ball away.

how and why wenger persists in playing eboue and bentner is beyond me,the man seems to be getting very stubborn in his ways,its a joke he didnt buy more than one player in the transfer window.i have never questioned the man because he has brought us success and produced teams who played breathtaking football but i am beginning to question his methods and beliefs on certain players.what do any of the other fans think about clichy and adebayor.clichy for me hasnt been the same player since the c**k up at birmingham last year and adebayor before he got injured today wasnt trying a leg either just like he hasnt been in recent games.

ONeill

Eboue was actually playing quite well before the madnes set in - in fact he was probably Arsenal's best player up to that point. He's too much of a liability and hopefully he won't see much action with Arshavin, Fabregas, Rosicky (remember him?) and Walcott returning.

13 games left, need to start winning. Drawing against crap teams like West Ham at home and Spuds away is not good enough, despite the unbeaten run (10 games?)

I'd have to disagree on Bendtner today - he worked his arse off and was more of a threat that RVP.

Plenty of clean sheets lately - not enough in the onion bag. Good to see Eduardo warming up although where are the clever through-balls? They're not coming from Denilson or Song.....again, the sooner we see what the Russian is made of the better.

Tommy Tight Lips

aye hopefully arshavin doesnt need too much time to settle in.we are lacking creativity in the final third.eboue was getting involved well early on but certainly wudnt say he was the best player.he got himself in a few good positions but then again fcked it up with his final pass,he fell on the ground at one stage and passed it straight to a spurs player.bentner did work his arse off but so what,thats the very least a top striker at this level should be doing,he had a good effort near the end but went on a few runs like a headless chicken and lost it and lost the ball a fair bit 2,nowhere near technically good enough for this level.even on his loan at birmingham he didnt score a lot of goals.
RVP was subdued but hes always capable of pulling something out of the bag given his class,such as the recent everton game.for once i thought the two centre halfs were reasonably solid today!

Over the Bar

QuoteIs arshavin definitly 23???

spiritof91and94

Was at the game today and feel we deserved the draw although we need more back up but this will come with returning players.
Spurs will have to wait a whole lot longer to beat us though!

nutsy--1

Yesterday we had a very strong bench in attack, but the red card kinda meant that we were always going to be limited going forward. If we don't beat sunderland at home next we can forget about top four.

In wenger we trust!!!!

ONeill

5 home games on the bounce now - 2 league, 2 FA Cup and one CL v Roma. By the end of Feb we'll have a good idea as to the possible legacy of this season.

anportmorforjfc

Quote from: ONeill on February 09, 2009, 10:55:47 AM
5 home games on the bounce now - 2 league, 2 FA Cup and one CL v Roma. By the end of Feb we'll have a good idea as to the possible legacy of this season.

I wouldn't be so sure on beating Cardiff, the way arsenal are playing.

nutsy--1

all without Adebayor which mightn't be a bad thing, it could give arshavin and eduardo a chance.