Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wouldn't be totally convinced by Ramsdale either but if he got injured it would have been very dodgy under Turner.

Good competition for all positions now. I'd love to see Tierney stay. 20-goal a year striker would be handy too.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Puckoon

Predictions lads?

Fair to say we can expect the domestic double, and probably lose a CL Semi Final on penalties.

Should be a good season.

ONeill

Mourne Red

Quote from: ONeill on August 12, 2023, 12:01:31 PM
4th place. Quarters of CL.

Predictions are League Winners, Quarter final of UCL.. Semis of the FA Cup and early exit of League Cup.

Would be happy with a title challenge, good UCL/cup run though

Saffrongael

Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

marty34

Quote from: Saffrongael on August 16, 2023, 03:16:21 PM
Timber has done his ACL

Bad start for him.

They'll probably have to keep Tierney now.

Mourne Red

Lucky enough last night - Rice looks to be worth every penny we spent on him. Havertz not so much, hopefully Arteta drops this experiment using Havertz in midfield, leaves Martinelli isolated on the left and he was most dangerous attacker last season

mrdeeds

I thought Havertz was ok. He links up play well. Rice was immense. Two yellows for Tomi a joke.

Puckoon

Just don't see the impact of Havertz. Haven't watched him too closely, or maybe when I've watched him he just doesn't seem impactful. Almost got the sense in the last 2 games that he was in the way of things rather than contributing to things. Was a strange buy.

BrotherMore6592

Trossard is far more direct and exciting when he comes on - being overlooked because Havertz almost cost 3x as much

ONeill

Looks like Tierney's race is run. 

BrotherMore6592

Unfortunate

Thought he was a great player when he first arrived, the injuries have set him back, and zinchenko coming in did him no favours.

FWIW at times during last season I actually thought Tierney played better than him when given the chance, he isn't faultless either.

Wish him well, very likeable player

seafoid

Arsenal remind me of Newcastle late 90s or Monaco a few years ago.
https://youtu.be/sBW8Vnp8BzU?si=mZhobk4P6aHnySv-
Soccer is a money racket and mediocrity is the default. It's the hope that kills you.

They also remind me of the Cork hurlers. 2005 is a long time ago.

seafoid