Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trailer

Arsenal do well to get 3rd. Think Utd will finish above them. Mentally weak which was demonstrated by their defensive performance.
Arteta is an absolute header. Rory Gallagher like. At one stage I thought he was playing on the wing.

ONeill

The fatigue of a light squad catching up on Arsenal. City didn't even use Alvarez last night. Imagine the difference he'd make to the Gunners.

I'd like to see Tierney, Trossard, possibly Vieira, and Tomiyasu again starting v Villa on Saturday. No win there and it's becoming a worrying slump.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

I wouldn't change too much. City had lowest ever possession in a match under Pep so shows how well Arsenal played. Just mistakes were poor. I'd probably take out Xhaka and replace with Vieria. Xhaka showing signs of fatigue. Maybe try Gabi central and Trossard out left as Eddie has more or less played every minute since Jesus injury.

Jim Bob

How long would it take a fatigued player to find his freshness again ?

ONeill

What yiz make of Trossard so far?

Seems to be decently slipping into the way Arteta wants them to play. I was afraid he'd be too selfish.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on March 02, 2023, 06:02:43 PM
What yiz make of Trossard so far?

Seems to be decently slipping into the way Arteta wants them to play. I was afraid he'd be too selfish.

Very astute bit of business.

Look-Up!

Jorginho looks a shrewd acquisition too. Smith-Rowe also a great talent if he can get back up to speed. They have a nice little run of games until they go to Liverpool at Easter. Three home (Bournemouth,Palace,Leeds) and Fulham away. Do well in those and get Jesus back start of April, they could be in a great position before the run in. City have to play Liverpool before that too.   

trueblue1234

Quote from: Look-Up! on March 03, 2023, 12:22:48 AM
Jorginho looks a shrewd acquisition too. Smith-Rowe also a great talent if he can get back up to speed. They have a nice little run of games until they go to Liverpool at Easter. Three home (Bournemouth,Palace,Leeds) and Fulham away. Do well in those and get Jesus back start of April, they could be in a great position before the run in. City have to play Liverpool before that too.

I don't think playing Liverpool at the minute is anything to fear unfortunately..... 😢
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

BrotherMore6592

Quote from: trailer on February 16, 2023, 09:02:48 AM
Arsenal do well to get 3rd. Think Utd will finish above them. Mentally weak which was demonstrated by their defensive performance.
Arteta is an absolute header. Rory Gallagher like. At one stage I thought he was playing on the wing.
;D :o

:P ::) ::)

Puckoon

Thought Trossard was a great buy - still do, and think there is a lot more to come from him.

Jorginho a great option as well, although it is frightening when he has to turn and try and get back - lacking pace for sure.

ONeill

Think Tierney will hang about?

He has gone from being talked about future captain to a Europa Cup player.

BrotherMore6592

he's been plagued by injuries but we knew that before he joined from Celtic.

He was arsenals most consistent performer I felt in the darker days when emery was around / beginning of arteta.

Missed a lot of football and zinchenko came in hungry with a point to prove from Man City as a rotation player.

I'm still think Tierney has a lot to offer any team and saw him as a real threat to Robertson in Scotland at one stage. He needs his confidence back and can strike a ball and cross one at that too.

Mourne Red

Quote from: ONeill on March 03, 2023, 11:05:48 PM
Think Tierney will hang about?

He has gone from being talked about future captain to a Europa Cup player.

I don't think he's ever really settled? Watching the All or Nothing doc he seems closest to the chef in the club obviously both being Scottish is a big factor and he does get a bit homesick.. I think he moves to Newcastle in the summer imo Tavares has had a great season on loan at Marseille so I think he comes back and Tierney moves on. I rate KT a lot but just injuries and him wanting game time make it best solution

Rudi

Brilliant result, some finish from Nelson.