Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Makes no sense with attacking players like Alexis, Lacazette, Ozil, Wilshere and even Welbeck and Iwobi. System is shit.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on January 02, 2018, 09:50:53 PM
Makes no sense with attacking players like Alexis, Lacazette, Ozil, Wilshere and even Welbeck and Iwobi. System is shit.

Manager doesn't coach players. Given too much freedom so don't really know what they're at.

Syferus

Quote from: mrdeeds on January 02, 2018, 10:08:02 PM

Manager doesn't coach players. Given too much freedom so don't really know what they're at.

They're a game off the top four in January - it's a bit early for the usual woe is me stuff. The 'Wenger doesn't coach' angle is so rite and overused at this stage it's a cliche masquerading as analysis.

ONeill

Looks like that. And a good performance is a danger....puffed chests and a slap next game.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2018, 11:09:16 PM

They're a game off the top four in January - it's a bit early for the usual woe is me stuff. The 'Wenger doesn't coach' angle is so rite and overused at this stage it's a cliche masquerading as analysis.

Jack Wilshere said last year when at Bournemouth that be couldn't believe how much better training was. Video analysis of session for a start to help players identity areas to improve. Wenger record with injuries is terrible. Kos getting injections to play games. Use the squad. Arsenal are essentially gone back to Arsenal early 80s and later Graham years, a cup team and average league team.

On another note the Doc 89 is a great watch.

Dinny Breen

Video analysis of training sessions is to improve coaches not players, that's where match analysis comes in.
#newbridgeornowhere

Puckoon

Well, Room for optimism? Wilshire, Maitlin Niles, and we can always play Mustafi and Hector up top when Sanchez and Ozil go.

Pessimism? Entire Defence - Penalty was soft, but still a PK. Bellerin has been rash a few times in the box this year.

ONeill

At least they had a go. Wilshere, fit, is a player.

oliverkelly

Quote from: Puckoon on January 03, 2018, 09:49:28 PM
Well, Room for optimism? Wilshire, Maitlin Niles, and we can always play Mustafi and Hector up top when Sanchez and Ozil go.

Pessimism? Entire Defence - Penalty was soft, but still a PK. Bellerin has been rash a few times in the box this year.

As a neutral it was never a peno for me. Went down way to easy to minimum contact. If ref gives peno there Maitland -Niles gets one in first half for small contact between him and Moses before he tripped himself

Dinny Breen

The new manager whenever he arrives will probably sort out the defence. I would keep Ozil if I had a choice.
#newbridgeornowhere

Syferus

Quote from: Dinny Breen on January 04, 2018, 03:18:34 PM
The new manager whenever he arrives will probably sort out the defence. I would keep Ozil if I had a choice.

You might be waiting a while.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Dinny Breen on April 17, 2014, 08:13:15 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on April 17, 2014, 06:52:20 AM
Arsenal odds on for 4th now. I imagine there'd be no question of Wenger being sacked if Arsenal were to finish 4th and win the cup final.

Wenger hasn't signed a new contract, most Gooners respect and expect Wenger to go on his own terms. A 4th place finish would symbolise his management of the migration from Highbury to Ashburton and a FA Cup would be a hat-tip to more successful times.

Both would lay a nice foundation for a new manager to come in, UCL football, a trophy winning squad and probably enough cash for a marquee signing plus a couple of more better than what's already there players.

The timing is right....

Well I am awaiting three and a 1/2 years so I can hang on for another 3 maybe 4 years. Arsenal never do things in a rush. Proper old school English they are.
#newbridgeornowhere

From the Bunker

League Cup will hold more significance now! But with the likelihood of having to beat Chelsea and Man City to win it, It's a tough ask. The Europa League has less sides of quality, but there are a sh1tload of games and travelling to navigate.

Syferus

If Wenger actually gets Martial for Sánchez + cash will the lads in the cheap seats still be chanting he doesn't know what he's doing?

If Mour is bringing in Sánchez it is further evidence to Martial that his already limited minutes will be curtailed further and hence moving to a club where he will take over a leading role isn't going to be a hard sell, let alone with the French influence already present at Arsenal.

gawa316