Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Puckoon

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

AW staying apparently. The old stubborn bastard.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 20, 2017, 06:29:20 AM
AW staying apparently. The old stubborn b**tard.

Apparently so. His arrogance has no limits. Horrible individual.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 06:37:52 AM

Out of order WC. He just doesn't know it's time to let go, it shouldn't be his decision. As a person he's fantastic, would love to meet the man, just no longer a manager who can get the best out of his players.
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

Haha so you can call him one thing and the rest of us can't.  8) 8) 8) 8)

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 20, 2017, 10:34:27 AM
Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 06:37:52 AM

Out of order WC. He just doesn't know it's time to let go, it shouldn't be his decision. As a person he's fantastic, would love to meet the man, just no longer a manager who can get the best out of his players.

Billys Boots

Would have to agree with Dinny; he comes across as an intelligent and thoughtful person who has had an extremely positive influence on the game in general, and especially at his club. 

I listened to an extremely interesting interview on the radio recently (don't know if it was 'Off the Ball' or the Guardian podcast) with a journalist who appears to have the inside track at The Emirates - the board are extremely happy with Wenger, and are not remotely minded to replace him (apparently).  He reported that their main criteria are to keep Arsenal competitive (in the 25th percentile or so, not top-4); keep the season tickets selling and to run the club at a profit.  The long-view is that the club is to be run sustainably, and that the big-money investors (City, Chelsea etc.) are unlikely to want to invest in that (the current) way forever.  Arsenal's day will come again, but they are not going to throw daft money at a rainbow.  Wenger is seen as a safe pair of hands who understands what the board want and is seen as an over-achiever (by the board). 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 10:40:50 AM
Haha so you can call him one thing and the rest of us can't.  8) 8) 8) 8)

Mine was a term of affection  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Walter Cronc

4th highest paid manager in Europe, most expensive season tickets in Europe. Arsenal fans have been patient with Wenger for a very long time now and are fully entitled to want a change.

I do agree however that the board (Gazidis and co) are more to blame than Wenger. Its been quite the sh1t show since David Dein left.

What drives Arsenal fans potty I feel is this acceptance that they'll never match City or Chelsea. That may well be the case but stop making it known publically. How can Monaco, Dortmund, Athletico and the likes continually beat the big sides of Europe whilst Arsenal are the laughing stocks. It's the same mistakes and failings for years now. They don't even play an attractive brand of football any more.

I pray to god they finish outside the top 4 which is a crock of sh1t fabricated by Sky!!!

rodney trotter

They would be better off in the Europa for a change. A competition they can win, instead of the regular last 16 exits in the Champions League.

Syferus

Arsene showing more balls than players.

Delighted. Want him to go out on a high and this was going to be going out at the lowest point in his tenure. Deserved far more respect than the nonsense he's been getting the past few seasons.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2017, 02:37:01 PM

Delighted. Want him to go out on a high and this was going to be going out at the lowest point in his tenure. Deserved far more respect than the nonsense he's been getting the past few seasons.

The players actions are a result of the culture of 'no accountability' which exists within the club!

This all stems from one person - Wenger! Arsenal were a big club before he arrived and will be a big club when he leaves!

Syferus

Quote from: Walter Cronc on March 20, 2017, 02:42:51 PM
Quote from: Syferus on March 20, 2017, 02:37:01 PM

The players actions are a result of the culture of 'no accountability' which exists within the club!

This all stems from one person - Wenger! Arsenal were a big club before he arrived and will be a big club when he leaves!

Arsenal were unwatchable and unlikable before Arsene, in a stadium that was always going to limit their future growth. The way some of the clouts in the fan base are acting they will definitely become unlikable again if Arsene leaves the house he built. Perhaps no individual has meant more to Arsenal than Arsene Wenger.

Arsenal do things the right way off the field and practice some degree of sanity in their dealings. It should be respected far more than it is. A bit like the manager.