Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on December 07, 2016, 10:30:44 PM
Ticking along but we've been here before over 10 years running consecutively.

Nothing is shouting out at me that this side is different, despite being unbeaten in meaningful competition since August.

The only difference is the squad depth looks better. Need to keep Sanchez and Ozil fit. Also need to come up with a pairing that works instead of Carzola.

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

Football fans and their fatalism, victim-hood.  What's different with some Arsenal appreciators  is wallowing in fatalism even when the team are winning all round them.
You'd almost have the mistaken impression that Arsenal fc  was not more than a club and had such a narrow identity in society that began and ended with winning trophies.

Syferus

If you keep knocking on the door you have to get through some time. Then I think of Mayo and know I'm being daft. The one time Arsenal bother their hole to top the group. And if they came second they'd have got Real Madrid..

Boycey

Quote from: Syferus on December 13, 2016, 07:18:24 PM
If you keep knocking on the door you have to get through some time. Then I think of Mayo and know I'm being daft. The one time Arsenal bother their hole to top the group. And if they came second they'd have got Real Madrid..

No they wouldn't  ;)

tyroneman

Ozil misses an easy chance to go 2-1 up then disappeared.  Not what you expect or need from a fella supposedly looking a big money contract.

It's fairly clear this fabled mental strength is an illusion.

ONeill

Yes, it's simple enough. If you get in their faces, there's a good chance Arsenal will fold. Fergie worked it out around 2005. Everton had that sort of approach today when they were 1-0 down. Fortunately, you only have a few teams capable of that.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

galwayman

Backed City when Arsenal took the lead.
This team nowhere near title contenders.
Monreal is f*cking terrible.
Left back badly needed.

Puckoon

tyroneman

That famed mental strength again. The big players nowhere to be seen after city scored.

Would be surprised if Sanchez stayed at any price.

Puckoon

He's been infuriating this game. 5-6 times he's had runners coming off the shoulder and he's held onto it and killed some half chances. They look scared, and lethargic.

tyroneman

Xhaka looks anything but a 35mill player.

IMHO The best thing for Arsenal would be to finish 5th and finally have an excuse to ditch Wenger. He's not progressed the team this past decade in terms of genuinely challenging for the league, let alone the CL and the stadium excuse cuts no ice now.

Seems to be the same old sh!t excuses wheeled out every year too.

Good players seem to soon realise they are going nowhere so they leave and win meaningful trophies elsewhere while players like Walcott hang around and continue to pick up the easy pay check year in year out.

9 points behind Chelsea, league over for Arsenal in December

mrdeeds

He brought on Elneny instead of Perez when losing. The man in a dinosaur.

Boycey