Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

From the Bunker

The Europa League is a nice competition to win! But as you say you are down to 9 more (8 of which are on a Thursday) games. Sunday games from then on. A big workload for a competition of it's stature. Feck the League Cup can be won in 4/5 games at most. At the end of the day both are nice trophies to add to the season team picture, A day out for a final for the fans, But both cups are not really titles of any worth!

Canalman

Quote from: From the Bunker on November 06, 2015, 12:51:35 PM
The Europa League is a nice competition to win! But as you say you are down to 9 more (8 of which are on a Thursday) games. Sunday games from then on. A big workload for a competition of it's stature. Feck the League Cup can be won in 4/5 games at most. At the end of the day both are nice trophies to add to the season team picture, A day out for a final for the fans, But both cups are not really titles of any worth!

Champions league I agree has somewhat destroyed everything in its shade. Am old enough to remember when winning the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup were huge achievements. A pity really.

tiempo

Quote from: Canalman on November 06, 2015, 02:29:56 PM
Quote from: From the Bunker on November 06, 2015, 12:51:35 PM

Champions league I agree has somewhat destroyed everything in its shade. Am old enough to remember when winning the UEFA or Cup Winners Cup were huge achievements. A pity really.

Yeah i agree with that

deiseach

Quote from: 50fiftyball on November 06, 2015, 11:54:59 AM
I'd rather finish bottom than 3rd, who gives a hoot about what the media say. Concentrate on premiership and give full 100% to it.

What do the media say?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Spurs to pile on the pressure with a win tomorrow👍

ONeill

Yes, if Spurs win they should pile on the pressure for a side at the top.

HiMucker

Quote from: ONeill on November 07, 2015, 10:32:05 PM
He's definitely different.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/arsene-wengers-full-interview-with-lequipe-sport-and-style/
"In thirty years as a manager, I've never had my players injected to make them better. I never gave them any product that would help enhance their performance. I'm proud of that. I've played against many teams that weren't in that frame of mind."

Could this quote in short explain why arsenal always have an injury crisis?  As many suspect PEDs are widespread in soccer given the money involved.

maigheo

Quote from: ONeill on November 07, 2015, 10:32:05 PM
He's definitely different.

http://news.arseblog.com/2015/11/arsene-wengers-full-interview-with-lequipe-sport-and-style/
Not an Arsenal fan but would have to say that Wenger would be my favorite manager in the premier league.May be a little different but always seemed like a good guy and a guy who cared about his players and the way the game should be played

muppet

Quote from: muppet on October 24, 2015, 10:06:05 PM
Quote from: ONeill on October 24, 2015, 08:01:42 PM
League over. Sam's coming home.

I have never seen you like this before Shane.

Have you forgotten all those long Novembers?

Unbeaten so far this November!
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Lost 5-1 in Germany and a 1-1 at home to the spuds. Not exactly firing on all cylinders.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 21, 2015, 09:31:09 AM
Lost 5-1 in Germany and a 1-1 at home to the spuds. Not exactly firing on all cylinders.

I should have said the League. Normally November ends the title challenge but there are so few games this November we might survive it.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

The squad still stretched. Need to be winning games like today.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on November 21, 2015, 01:51:54 PM
The squad still stretched. Need to be winning games like today.

I see Ramsey became a father yesterday.

Definitely need 3 points. Other teams have been slipping up, so there is a great opportunity to stay relevant for longer this year.
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Disaster so far. Coq off injured. 2-1 down. Feck November.