Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Well I suppose its better having a chance to get to the knockout stages than not at all... Ah well next year is their year  ;D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Captain Obvious

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2015, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on November 04, 2015, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2015, 08:43:10 PM
Great scoreline in Greece.

Arsenal would still need to win both remaining games surely so not that huge a benefit? Just lowers the goals required in the win.

Exactly. Also meant if Bayern took her easy against the Greeks then there'd still be a chance. Not any more....

A late winner for Olympiacos.

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on November 04, 2015, 09:34:35 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2015, 09:30:44 PM
Quote from: tyroneman on November 04, 2015, 09:07:44 PM
Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2015, 08:43:10 PM
Great scoreline in Greece.

Arsenal would still need to win both remaining games surely so not that huge a benefit? Just lowers the goals required in the win.

Exactly. Also meant if Bayern took her easy against the Greeks then there'd still be a chance. Not any more....

A late winner for Olympiacos.

Hence 'not any more'
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Would you just not bother next game? Big chance both Bayern and Olympiacos settle for draw and Arsenal end up in Europa. Or go all out and see what happens.

Bridge too far missing so many. Bellerin huge loss. Coquelin and Ozil tried hard.

T Fearon

How Petr Cech must long for the days when he could go to the Allianz with a London club,only concede one goal from play and leave with a Champions League medal ;D

ONeill

Yes Spurs should stuff Arsenal on Sunday.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ONeill on November 04, 2015, 10:31:32 PM
Yes Spurs should stuff Arsenal on Sunday.
How many threads would Tony start if that happens!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Maroon Manc

Another injury crisis at Arsenal, it happens most years and far too often for it to be a coincidence.

The Trap

Don't know which thread to put this in so will land it in here to see what people think......whilst keeping an eye on the champions league last night I heard that Porto's third goal was scored by Miguel Layan. Turns out he is a Mexican on loan from Watford......so he isn't good enough for the Watford squad but can play for Porto who top their group in the champions league.......this sums up the premier league for me.........teams cannot get the best out of players and I believe it all comes down to money......I would say this guy works hard for his money in Porto while players in England just take their money and laugh all the way to the bank.

smort

Quote from: The Trap on November 05, 2015, 03:20:18 PM
Don't know which thread to put this in so will land it in here to see what people think......whilst keeping an eye on the champions league last night I heard that Porto's third goal was scored by Miguel Layan. Turns out he is a Mexican on loan from Watford......so he isn't good enough for the Watford squad but can play for Porto who top their group in the champions league.......this sums up the premier league for me.........teams cannot get the best out of players and I believe it all comes down to money......I would say this guy works hard for his money in Porto while players in England just take their money and laugh all the way to the bank.

Layun, had him in my fantasy team at the start of the year, top player. In regards to your point, I'm not sure what the reason is but yes there definitely seems to be a problem with players reaching their potential in the BPL. layun, jovetic, felipe luis, salah, kagawa spring to mind as players who didn't seem to 'get' the premier league but are performing well elsewhere. Maybe it just doesn't happen for some players. Though money is likely a factor alright. Shaqiri at stoke could end up something similar.

Norf Tyrone

Quote from: smort on November 05, 2015, 03:52:52 PM
Quote from: The Trap on November 05, 2015, 03:20:18 PM

Layun, had him in my fantasy team at the start of the year, top player. In regards to your point, I'm not sure what the reason is but yes there definitely seems to be a problem with players reaching their potential in the BPL. layun, jovetic, felipe luis, salah, kagawa spring to mind as players who didn't seem to 'get' the premier league but are performing well elsewhere. Maybe it just doesn't happen for some players. Though money is likely a factor alright. Shaqiri at stoke could end up something similar.

Thought the same when I heard it mentioned last night too. Good enough for a top ten team in Europe but not Watford. Salah is one mentioned there that puzzles. Is it all to do with pressure?

In my opinion Salah wasn't given enough chances at Chelsea and has it in him to be a very good player as he is showing in Italy. However the pressure at English Clubs where the multiple teams can beat anyone is probably greater than in Germany, Portugal etc where there's in reality only 1 or 2 teams at a decent competitive level.
Owen Roe O'Neills GAC, Leckpatrick, Tyrone

AZOffaly

Nuri Sahin is probably another. Klopp is being linked with him again!

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on November 05, 2015, 04:14:16 PM
Nuri Sahin is probably another. Klopp is being linked with him again!

Veron?

Shevchenko?
MWWSI 2017

trueblue1234

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

50fiftyball

Would fellow gunners on here not agree that if we can't get out of the group, for godsake field a second team and miss 3rd place so we don't have to participate in that joke of a competition that is Europa League. Chelsea won it recently and who batted an eyelid?? The thursday night fixture would be catastrophic to our premier league fixtures at the weekend.

I'd rather finish bottom than 3rd, who gives a hoot about what the media say. Concentrate on premiership and give full 100% to it.