Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

These English lads are made of glass.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

50fiftyball

Should we cut our losses and offload Wilshere to the likes of Man City etc (if they'd still take him)?
I once regarded him as our answer to the commander/general in the defensive midfield role, but he seems to have turned into an attacking central midfielder when he is fit. At the minute to me it looks like he'll just be another one of those young English lads over-hyped by the media and it went to his head, suddenly he's an average player by 27/28.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 16, 2015, 09:53:39 AM
Should we cut our losses and offload Wilshere to the likes of Man City etc (if they'd still take him)?
I once regarded him as our answer to the commander/general in the defensive midfield role, but he seems to have turned into an attacking central midfielder when he is fit. At the minute to me it looks like he'll just be another one of those young English lads over-hyped by the media and it went to his head, suddenly he's an average player by 27/28.

Agree - flog him for 40million + this summer. Never mind his injuries he appears a horrible little prat!

screenexile

Quote from: Walter Cronc on September 16, 2015, 10:00:21 AM
Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 16, 2015, 09:53:39 AM

Agree - flog him for 40million + this summer. Never mind his injuries he appears a horrible little prat!

40 Mill?? f**k me!!

tyroneman

Arsenal fail once again against a top team. Groundhog Day.

Wenger really needs to go after this season. If Klopp is willing to come the board should break the bank to get him.

Failing to strengthen the squad beyond a keeper is inexcusable. Doubly so when you realise Wilshire and Welbeck are out till Christmas.  No players available that would make the squad better - a joke, a pure joke.

When your rivals are spending fortunes to improve their teams you needs to be spending just to keep pace, never mind overtake them.

Maybe it will take finishing outside the top 4 to shift Wenger, that seems to be the only criteria he is judged against (or even judges himself against by the looks of it)

ONeill

Quote from: tyroneman on September 19, 2015, 02:52:00 PM

Wenger really needs to go after this season. If Klopp is willing to come the board should break the bank to get him.

Failing to strengthen the squad beyond a keeper is inexcusable. Doubly so when you realise Wilshire and Welbeck are out till Christmas.  No players available that would make the squad better - a joke, a pure joke.

When your rivals are spending fortunes to improve their teams you needs to be spending just to keep pace, never mind overtake them.

Maybe it will take finishing outside the top 4 to shift Wenger, that seems to be the only criteria he is judged against (or even judges himself against by the looks of it)

He's a stubborn man. Believes he can transform good players into world-class.

tyroneman

Quote from: ONeill on September 20, 2015, 09:43:03 AM
Quote from: tyroneman on September 19, 2015, 02:52:00 PM

He's a stubborn man. Believes he can transform good players into world-class.

Players seem to go backwards more than forwards under Wenger these days.

Would cut losses with Walcott, Welbeck, Wilshire and Chambers. None of them will be world class. Wilshire had potential to be but made of chocolate.

tyroneman

Funny how Wenger couldn't find anyone to improve his team yet Man U and spurs managed to pick up 2 strikers who can't stop scoring

AZOffaly

Lads I have an idea. Do you want to swap with Rodgers?

muppet

MWWSI 2017

gawa316

Quote from: muppet on September 21, 2015, 12:31:14 PM
Quote from: AZOffaly on September 21, 2015, 12:18:28 PM
Lads I have an idea. Do you want to swap with Rodgers?

Klopp on!

Liverpool have already bags on Kloop so feck off

ONeill

A timely rush of goals before Olympiacos, Utd and Munich.

He's persevering with Wally up front. To be fair to Theo, he's making the runs. No aerial threat though without Giroud.

tiempo

Quote from: ONeill on September 27, 2015, 09:45:42 AM
A timely rush of goals before Olympiacos, Utd and Munich.

He's persevering with Wally up front. To be fair to Theo, he's making the runs. No aerial threat though without Giroud.

Sanchez

beer baron

ONeill

Exciting times for le arse now. Need to win the reverse fixtures of the first two games and take Munich in one of the games.