Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

50fiftyball

Alexandre Pato has just followed Arsenal & Melissa Joan Hart on Twitter... either he's joining us or he's going to be the next Sabrina the Teenage Witch  ;D ;D ;D

mrdeeds

There's hardly any ITK on gaaboard? Need a striker.

StGallsGAA

Do you think the Arsenal Chairman misunderstood him when he asked Arsene Wenger, "Tell me what you need to win the Premier League this year and you can have it" and Wenger replied "Just a blank cheque!"

ONeill

Welbeck coming back is like a new signing.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

We might have enough if have no injury problems but that's a big if. Coquelin will have to play most games.

50fiftyball

Disgusted. All this bullshit about not being any "quality & exceptional players" out there. Would any of the top Champions league teams in Europe have a Giroud/Welbeck/Walcott leading their line or even as back-up?? Not a chance.

There were plenty of players, Aubameyang - Dortmund, Icardi @ Inter, Hernandez' goalscoring record @ United was great and he went on the cheap, Charlie Austin - while he may not fit the Wenger "model" he scored 18 goals last season in the premier league .... ???? Ibrahimovic is 31 yes, but he's always on the move and his talent is second to none.

You'd swear it was his money he was spending, and whilst I admire his faith in his current squad, and that he isn't shunned by the other 19 teams in the league spending at least double what we spent, and bringing in at least 4x the players (Everton, whom we play on Saturday brought in second lowest amount of players - 4 to our 1) he really is on the back foot this season. I've always backed him but i don't give a damn this season if we win FA Cup, Carling Cup, and finish 2nd/3rd/4th. - That is a failure to me, indicating we've stood still and failed to build on a great squad of players who just needed another 2/3 powerful leaders around them to become real contenders in Europe.

Main Street

Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 02, 2015, 10:38:39 AM
Disgusted. All this bullshit about not being any "quality & exceptional players" out there. Would any of the top Champions league teams in Europe have a Giroud/Welbeck/Walcott leading their line or even as back-up?? Not a chance.

There were plenty of players, Aubameyang - Dortmund, Icardi @ Inter, Hernandez' goalscoring record @ United was great and he went on the cheap, Charlie Austin - while he may not fit the Wenger "model" he scored 18 goals last season in the premier league .... ???? Ibrahimovic is 31 yes, but he's always on the move and his talent is second to none.

You'd swear it was his money he was spending, and whilst I admire his faith in his current squad, and that he isn't shunned by the other 19 teams in the league spending at least double what we spent, and bringing in at least 4x the players (Everton, whom we play on Saturday brought in second lowest amount of players - 4 to our 1) he really is on the back foot this season. I've always backed him but i don't give a damn this season if we win FA Cup, Carling Cup, and finish 2nd/3rd/4th. - That is a failure to me, indicating we've stood still and failed to build on a great squad of players who just needed another 2/3 powerful leaders around them to become real contenders in Europe.
We call him Zlatan (easier to type and spell), is 33 going on 34.
3 seasons worth of Zlatan in his prime, 31 -34   would probably have made a difference of around  £120m  on his transfer fee, going on today's rates of exchange, in a 4 year contract aged 31 to age 35, compared to a 4 year contract at the age 34 to age 38
But yes he's aging well, not unlike his compatriot Henrik Larsson in that respect.

AZOffaly

WElbeck out for a few months apparently. They knew about this last week too, but didn't announce it. Strange goings on at the Arsenal.

mrdeeds

He'll be line a new signing in January and won't have to buy anyone. His initial injury was bruising on the knee so how it's esculated to this is typical Arsenal.

ONeill

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that Wenger kneecapped Welbeck in the knowledge that he'll be fine in January and that'll negate the need for a signing?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2015, 05:06:59 PM
WElbeck out for a few months apparently. They knew about this last week too, but didn't announce it. Strange goings on at the Arsenal.

They should appeal it.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

No, instead they are going to dislocate Aguero's kneecap as well, as it's only right they lose a player too.

50fiftyball

Olivier & Theo both score to make us eat our words!!  ::) ;D

Big one this week taking on a Chelsea team who are a wounded animal, surely at some stage they'll produce a performance (Hazard has yet to click also) just praying it's not against us!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: 50fiftyball on September 14, 2015, 12:29:17 PM
Olivier & Theo both score to make us eat our words!!  ::) ;D

Big one this week taking on a Chelsea team who are a wounded animal, surely at some stage they'll produce a performance (Hazard has yet to click also) just praying it's not against us!

Arsenal play Wednesday night away in Europe. A draw would be a good result in those circumstance but a 12 45pm kick-off on a Saturday means Arsenal have greatly reduced preparation and recovery time, expect a defeat and the usual knee-jerk reactions.
#newbridgeornowhere

muppet

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 03, 2015, 05:06:59 PM

Wilshere out for three months.

Not bad really, only 3 months this time.
MWWSI 2017