Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Arsenal have an impressive Coq.

ONeill

That wasn't too bad today.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

T Fearon

Same old same old.No trophies,qualify for Champions league,Eliminated in last 16= No progress

tyroneman

Quote from: T Fearon on April 05, 2015, 06:39:15 AM
Same old same old.No trophies,qualify for Champions league,Eliminated in last 16= No progress

Better than No trophies, don't qualify for Champions league = no progress though eh?

Shame to hear the FA cup is no longer a trophy too. When was it Pluto'd?

Syferus

Wenger out. Arsenal winning too many matches.

ONeill

Ah we're used to this.

When results aren't really in the melting pot Arsenal breeze past opponents. Usually Aug-Nov and March-May. It's the sticky bit in between when it all turns to shite and Arsenal exit everything worthwhile. It has always been that way. Check the Old Testament.

Even last year, against Wigan (penalties) and Hull(2-0 down) in the semi and final they almost cocked it up with a wee bit of pressure on them.

It'd be nice to beat Chelsea though.

muppet

Quote from: ONeill on April 07, 2015, 11:28:12 PM
Ah we're used to this.

When results aren't really in the melting pot Arsenal breeze past opponents. Usually Aug-Nov and March-May. It's the sticky bit in between when it all turns to shite and Arsenal exit everything worthwhile. It has always been that way. Check the Old Testament.

Even last year, against Wigan (penalties) and Hull(2-0 down) in the semi and final they almost cocked it up with a wee bit of pressure on them.

It'd be nice to beat Chelsea though.

If ever Josie is going to lose to Arsene........

But Tony, come in Tony!

Granted St. Totteringham's is imminent, but what the hell would you call losing to Sligo by 11 points?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Will this be the 20th consecutive St Totteringhams?

50fiftyball

I will definitely see it as progress from last season's campaign if we beat Chelsea this weekend.

We got thrashed last year by City, Liverpool & Chelsea and also lost out to a poor United team.

Beating Liverpool, City & finishing second would be an improvement yes, but I really do believe the standard of the English Premier League is shocking at the moment. City in Europe are as bad as ourselves, Liverpool are nothing without Suarez, United are by no means a good team, Chelsea are a tricky one for me, very tough to break down, but I still wouldn't have them in the same league as Bayern, Madrid or Barca.

muppet

Tony?

Tony, is there no Wifi in CityWest?

Or Markievicz Park?

Or Benediction?
MWWSI 2017

ONeill

Quote from: 50fiftyball on April 08, 2015, 12:03:33 PM
I will definitely see it as progress from last season's campaign if we beat Chelsea this weekend.

We got thrashed last year by City, Liverpool & Chelsea and also lost out to a poor United team.

Beating Liverpool, City & finishing second would be an improvement yes, but I really do believe the standard of the English Premier League is shocking at the moment. City in Europe are as bad as ourselves, Liverpool are nothing without Suarez, United are by no means a good team, Chelsea are a tricky one for me, very tough to break down, but I still wouldn't have them in the same league as Bayern, Madrid or Barca.

Don't play Chelsea for a while yet.

ONeill

Windmill abu

With the FA cup at stake, who would you like to see selected in defence. Should he stick with his "cup team" or the team who have performed so well in the premiership.

Szenczy or Ospina
Debuchey or Bellerin
Gibbs or Monreal.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

He'll not change it but Szczesney is fcuked in terms of big game temperament.

mrdeeds

Quote from: Windmill abu on April 19, 2015, 12:04:26 PM
With the FA cup at stake, who would you like to see selected in defence. Should he stick with his "cup team" or the team who have performed so well in the premiership.

Ospina and Monreal. Debuchey was just rusty yesterday so see how he's going in few weeks.
Szenczy or Ospina
Debuchey or Bellerin
Gibbs or Monreal.