Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Or just recall from loan. Maybe an upgrade on Flamini. Certainly in games like today versus physical team.

tiempo

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 29, 2014, 12:26:45 AM
Or just recall from loan. Maybe an upgrade on Flamini. Certainly in games like today versus physical team.

Yeah i know he was a recall. How is a player deemed good enough to play away at liverpool and west ham sent to charlton in the first place, especially in light of how poor arteta, diaby and flamini have been. Wenger hasnt a clue. There is a run of games now to make a bit of hay, i'd say a few more wins in Jan and he'll convince himself not to buy anyone til summer

mrdeeds

Still only an option. He's not the option. Matic at Chelsea is on another level to what we have. He only recalled because of injuries. There probably is no long term future for him at club.

tiempo

Quote from: mrdeeds on December 29, 2014, 11:27:14 AM
Still only an option. He's not the option. Matic at Chelsea is on another level to what we have. He only recalled because of injuries. There probably is no long term future for him at club.

If you look at Le Coqs career trajectory Wenger obviously doesnt fancy him, yet he is still there or there abouts and arguably a better player than our captain. Its these kind of shite strategies by wenger that are so annoying. Meanwhile we lose successive captains to barca x2 and utd while recruiting the likes of silvestre, kallstrom, park, etc etc. I got bored of it the year we lost the league at birmingham. In the 9 year barren spell the goonas could have won the league 3 times

ONeill

Coq is fine. Not a Gilberto.

Pity about Podolski. Looks like he's away. Thought there was an Indian Summer in him but Arsene sees a lot more than we do.

A win at Soton would be a massive result.....hard to believe that's the standard now....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Main Street

A win at Southampton would have been regarded as massive, by any Arsenal team in the Wenger era, as any Arsenal fan should know. I think they have only beaten Southampton once at the Dell.
Such are the standards Arsenal aspire towards since the Wenger era begun.

ONeill

No, it was never massive. It was always expected. A bit like at Stoke or Wigan. Didn't happen but not massive as in at Madrid or Milan.

ONeill

Arsenal won at Southampton in '97, '99 and 01 under Arsene and drew most of the others. In fact, Soton haven't won at home v Arsenal in 12 years.

ONeill

Szczesney go fcuk yerself.

Le Coq was playing well and it was comfortable.

Then the Pole throws a wobbler.

tyroneman

No point complaining about performances when Arsenal continue to staff themselves with second rate players. Only Sanchez out of today's team would get near the City or Chelsea first 11 (and even then not an automatic) and he would be nowhere near first choice at Madrid or Bayern.

Ozil is world class but played out of position nearly every match.

Wenger.....time to go

muppet

Time to open the transfer window and let some of these clowns jump out.
MWWSI 2017

Syferus

Quote from: tyroneman on January 01, 2015, 04:24:56 PM
No point complaining about performances when Arsenal continue to staff themselves with second rate players. Only Sanchez out of today's team would get near the City or Chelsea first 11 (and even then not an automatic) and he would be nowhere near first choice at Madrid or Bayern.

Ozil is world class but played out of position nearly every match.

Wenger.....time to go

Sanchez is probably in the top five players in the EPL. World class talent and application. That is an incredibly rare mix.

beer baron

What was that fool Wenger at getting Sanchez? A luxury you cant afford poor signing  ;D

tyroneman

Quote from: beer baron on January 04, 2015, 07:24:04 PM
What was that fool Wenger at getting Sanchez? A luxury you cant afford poor signing  ;D

Playing well certainly but still a luxury buy at the time given the forward talent Arsenal had at their disposal.

35mill spent on a proper DMF and CH would have left Arsenal in a much more solid position. For all Sanchez does to drag Arsenal through games they would be better served with a balanced team where they could grind out 1-0 rather than put all eggs in one basket.

When it comes to playing City, Chelsea, Utd.....Sanchez is not enough.

ONeill

Alexis will jump ship at the end of the year if he sees nothing happening in the transfer market.

You see him shaking his head at the crap he's trying to play with.

When Ramsey, Ozil and Wilshere are fit he'll be in better company but for every goal they score they're liable to concede the same amount. He really is single-handedly dragging Arsenal along with a bit of help from Cazorla.