Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mrdeeds

Surely get run now with all injuries. Ox might be used centrally.

BartSimpson

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 29, 2014, 10:15:21 AM
Arsenal have changed medical teams and S&C teams yet still are getting injuries.
I have read about this German guy that Wenger brought in, as I have a keen interest in S+C etc. He is one of the most highly sought after, and to be fair to him, S+C programmes, and injury prevention measures don't just happen overnight. It takes several weeks and possibly months to see the improvements.
guwan the parish

mrdeeds

Pity about the red card. Would have liked a few players took of for rest before Chelsea. Welbeck movement was class. Would have took him of if no red. Not be as much space Sunday.

ONeill

Again, played far better with Wilshere on the bench.

I'm convinced he clogs play up with his tight 1-2s. He'll score one clinker a year playing that way but a lot of good play falls down around him. When he's not there, Cazorla and Ozil seem to get the ball in much more space.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Cesc is going to tear a few new ones isn't he?

mrdeeds

Wenger needs to bunch centre and use pace to catch on counter. No high line either. Lets see has he learned lessons.

BartSimpson

Quote from: ONeill on October 03, 2014, 04:30:16 PM
Cesc is going to tear a few new ones isn't he?
Ach, tis written in the stars. He'll score a goal, but not celebrate. A great result for Arsenal would be a draw, but have a feeling the pensioners will win by 2 or 3 clear goals.
guwan the parish

ONeill

This is the side that lost 6-0 last season:

01 Szczesny
03 Sagna
28 Gibbs (red card)
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Flamini - 45' )
04 Mertesacker
06 Koscielny (Jenkinson - 45' )
07 Rosicky
08 Arteta
12 Giroud
19 Cazorla
09 Podolski (Vermaelen - 24' )

If no change in tactics (we know Arsene) - can Welbeck, Ozil and Sanchez make a difference......gulp

beer baron

Quote from: mrdeeds on October 03, 2014, 06:29:12 PM
Wenger needs to bunch centre and use pace to catch on counter. No high line either. Lets see has he learned lessons.

Totally agree. If he persists with the highline like last year it could be another embarassment. The problem is without Arteta who have they/you got to control the tempo of the game in the middle of the field and be patient,the rest of the midfielders are always looking  to attack,that won't work.

ONeill

Add Cesc and Costa...unless Arsene has lost his marbles he'll park le bus for the first time since FA Cup final 2005.

mrdeeds

Quote from: ONeill on October 03, 2014, 09:12:44 PM
This is the side that lost 6-0 last season:

01 Szczesny
03 Sagna
28 Gibbs (red card)
15 Oxlade-Chamberlain (Flamini - 45' )
04 Mertesacker
06 Koscielny (Jenkinson - 45' )
07 Rosicky
08 Arteta
12 Giroud
19 Cazorla
09 Podolski (Vermaelen - 24' )

If no change in tactics (we know Arsene) - can Welbeck, Ozil and Sanchez make a difference......gulp

At least 5 of that team not starting. Kos went of and red card created a perfect storm. Put ox beside flamini and let them sit in front of defence.

ONeill

What a ball of dung. No shots on target.

Arsenal have no world class players. Chelsea have 6-7.

Ozil? - Doesn't fancy it any more. I'm sure Sanchez is wondering what he has done going to London.

AQMP

Quote from: ONeill on October 05, 2014, 05:41:44 PM
What a ball of dung. No shots on target.

Arsenal have no world class players. Chelsea have 6-7.

Ozil? - Doesn't fancy it any more. I'm sure Sanchez is wondering what he has done going to London.

You forgot to add that the manager is a dick.

tyroneman

Ozil is not performing but neither is he being used effectively. Alexis is a 35million luxury. Gone is the other 10  are top class but no chance of him being the main man.

Time for Wenger to go.

orangeman

Mourinho is afraid of Wenger. Mourinho feigned it.