Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Szczesny, Debuchy, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Flamini, Wilshere, Ramsey, Alexis, Ozil, Welbeck
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Early chance for Welbeck - should have scored - hasn't sniffed it yet.

City upped the aggression when Arsenal were dominating early on and it worked.

tyroneman

Thought Welbeck did as well as anyone might there, just unlucky.

Lack of a decent DMF once again causing problems.......

tyroneman

Owen is rank awful to listen to and don't get me started on the morons moron I Wright....

gerry

great second goal, looks like another man to add to the injury table
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

tyroneman

No Toure today.....a game Arsenal must win ..... and.........

ONeill

2-2 against the champs ain't bad but by God Arsenal are nowhere near defensively ready to win major trophies.

tyroneman

Quote from: ONeill on September 13, 2014, 04:33:21 PM
2-2 against the champs ain't bad but by God Arsenal are nowhere near defensively ready to win major trophies.

2-2 at home against a team starting a 36 yr old MLS player is poor. Same old vulnerabilities.

Same. Old. Arsenal.

Windmill abu

Quote from: tyroneman on September 13, 2014, 06:40:15 PM

2-2 at home against a team starting a 36 yr old MLS player is poor. Same old vulnerabilities.

Same. Old. Arsenal.

Unless you can give examples of how Arsenal have been vulnerable against 36 year old MLS players, then your post is just a troll.
Never underestimate the power of complaining

tyroneman

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 13, 2014, 08:44:02 PM

Same. Old. Arsenal.

Unless you can give examples of how Arsenal have been vulnerable against 36 year old MLS players, then your post is just a troll.

All I need to do is illustrate Arsenal displaying the same vulnerabilities they have had for years, the fact it was against a team with a 36 yr old MLS player starting just makes it worse.

The point I was making is that every year we hear how Arsenal are ready to compete for the EPL and beat the big teams. Then it doesn't happen.

Ok, they avoided getting beat but when the champions come to town without Toure and are playing a 36 yr old MLS player instead it should have given Arsenal a huge advantage.

Instead they

a) display the same old set piece vulnerability
b) still have key players switching off at crucial times
c) struggle to create chances against the other top clubs
d) don't have a marquee forward clinical enough to finish any chanes they do get.
e) have no top class DMF to protect the back 4 (Flamini had 15 yards on Aguero and still got beat to the ball)

So no, I'm not trolling, I'm just disappointed seeing the same old failings happen again, Groundhog Day.

ONeill

Disappointed Debuchy got injured. He was the one defender who actually was aggressive. Chambers replaced him and....it'd be harsh to blame him for the second goal but he was central to it.

Dortmund will be tough.

This is a stat and a half: Arsenal have conceded from the first shot on target faced in all four Premier League games this season.

muppet

Quote from: tyroneman on September 14, 2014, 07:18:44 AM
Quote from: Windmill abu on September 13, 2014, 08:44:02 PM

Same. Old. Arsenal.

All I need to do is illustrate Arsenal displaying the same vulnerabilities they have had for years, the fact it was against a team with a 36 yr old MLS player starting just makes it worse.

The point I was making is that every year we hear how Arsenal are ready to compete for the EPL and beat the big teams. Then it doesn't happen.

Ok, they avoided getting beat but when the champions come to town without Toure and are playing a 36 yr old MLS player instead it should have given Arsenal a huge advantage.

Instead they

a) display the same old set piece vulnerability
b) still have key players switching off at crucial times
c) struggle to create chances against the other top clubs
d) don't have a marquee forward clinical enough to finish any chanes they do get.
e) have no top class DMF to protect the back 4 (Flamini had 15 yards on Aguero and still got beat to the ball)

So no, I'm not trolling, I'm just disappointed seeing the same old failings happen again, Groundhog Day.

It's sunny today. I am going to burn my coat and take the roof off the house.
MWWSI 2017

gawa316

Mesut knows his stuff...

Arsenal midfielder Mesut Ozil: Samuel L. Jackson: he doesn't only know a lot about good movies, but he also supports the best football team!

muppet

Héctor Bellerín looks likely to start at RB.

8 appearances for Watford in the League and 1 for Arsenal in the League Cup to date.

Borussia Dortmund, nay bother.

On the plus side, he has broken Theo Walcott's record for 40m according to Wikipedia.

MWWSI 2017

Walter Cronc

You forgot the Emirates Cup!!

Good thing Reus isn't playing. A draw would do rightly.

Has Joel Campbell done something to annoy Wenger, add the Ox to that!