Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Feck sake. Besiktas looking tricky now.

Surely Podolski stays
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

mrdeeds

Podolski being given chance in that role and couldn't do it
Giroud hold up play better and brings others into it. Maybe Remy now or talk of short term Eto deal.

beer baron

Quote from: mrdeeds on August 25, 2014, 11:21:06 PM
Giroud hold up play better and brings others into it. Maybe Remy now or talk of short term Eto deal.

Anyone else hear rumours of why Remy didn't go to Liverpool?

tiempo

I would rather Arsenal bought no-one than went for Remy or other players who are not up to it. As in the past we have bought some terrible players in the last minute trolley dash, Squaliacci, Park, Santos being the obvious recent examples. If the players aren't available that are going to improve the first team then promote from within.

I said it before, Vermaleen spent the last two years as captain on the bench, Wenger has just promoted Arteta to captain and isn't going to sign someone who will depose him straight away, regardless of the needs of the team Wenger has his approach, his favourites, his experiments and his stubbornness.

I think Wenger will be looking at it thinking Diaby is back soon to cover for Arteta, Walcott is back soon to cover for Giroud, and it'll be grand.

ONeill

But if Giroud is out....it's all on Sanogo who has never scored a competitive goal.

mrdeeds

Quote from: beer baron on August 25, 2014, 11:38:10 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on August 25, 2014, 11:21:06 PM

Anyone else hear rumours of why Remy didn't go to Liverpool?

Issue with his heart. Liverpool didn't want to take a risk after trouble with Italian keeper Doni.

tyroneman

Wenger really should be shown the door if he fails to strengthen the squad properly this year.

Ozil and Sanchez were luxury buys. The type you go after when all other components have been sorted and working well.

Walcott, Ramsey, Wilshire, Podolski, Ox, Arteta, Rosicky, Sanchez, Carzola, Gnabry, Ryo, Ozil.....surely 2-3 of these could have been sacrificed for a decent DMF and CF?

The failure to replace RvP is inexcusable. Persisting with a lumbering goalless striker who has showed nothing in competitive football is madness.

Even Giroud who I believe is a decent player is still not a #1 in anyone's book.

Neither Walcott or Sanchez are centre forwards. Walcott is 50/50 anytime he is clean through and Sanchez never was a CF
Podolski was only ever a #2 option.

I fear it will be another nearly season from Arsenal.

screenexile

Gnev reckons something similar Oneill:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2734343/Gary-Neville-says-Arsenal-won-t-mount-Premier-League-title-challenge-unless-Arsene-Wenger-starts-adapt-tactics-against-class-opponents.html

It really pains me but he's very good and usually not far wrong. By God I hated him when he played for Man Ure. . . hopefully the longer he is away from the Club the more of a chance I will give him!

ONeill

beer baron

You can breathe now o neill ;D goal came at a good time they were stringing a few nice bits of play together. That sahaan lads a decent player. You could've done worse than sign demba ba in the summer.

ONeill

The threat of the away goal still strong. Need an early second.

Captain Obvious

Debuchy and Wilshere will both be relieved men after the penalty shouts against them.

rodney trotter

Wilshire is having a great game for Arsenal nonetheless.

ONeill

This is still feckin hairy.

ONeill

Unfortunate red card. Hanging on. Up Athletic.