Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dinny Breen

Best bit of advice i can give you is never judge a game in a live context on your own two eyes , review the game through gentle eyes, use the stats available and lose the narrative. It will make you a better player coach even internet pundit.
#newbridgeornowhere

wildrover

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 13, 2014, 12:20:37 AM
Best bit of advice i can give you is never judge a game in a live context on your own two eyes , review the game through gentle eyes, use the stats available and lose the narrative. It will make you a better player coach even internet pundit.

Wonderfully profound advice Dinny. I cannot be anything but grateful that it is me that you have chosen to enlighten with your infinite wisdom...

Or go and spew out your patronising drivel to someone else who is more receptive to it...

Perception...

Apparently so

Spurs could take past Arsenal in the next couple of months with the way things are  :o

Hopefully

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: wildrover on February 13, 2014, 12:28:02 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 13, 2014, 12:20:37 AM

Wonderfully profound advice Dinny. I cannot be anything but grateful that it is me that you have chosen to enlighten with your infinite wisdom...

Or go and spew out your patronising drivel to someone else who is more receptive to it...

Perception...

Your welcome you can find me here most days if you need anymore advice. Moral victories a specialty.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

Fair play to Wenger for saying this. I know it's all media games and bluster, but it's nice to see someone saying 'Yeah we're in it, and we're going to try and win it'.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger has declared the Premier League title is 'Chelsea's to lose'.
Blues boss Jose Mourinho has repeatedly downplayed his side's chances of winning the league, despite being top of the table.
However, the Gunners boss believes Mourinho's comments come from a fear of failure.

"It is very open, only Chelsea can lose it now because they are in front and all the other teams can win it. I've always said many teams are in it and it will be very tight until the end," he said.
Asked why, apart from himself and Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini, every other manager is ruling out title success, Wenger responded: "It's a fear to fail."

Wenger maintains his only focus will be on making sure Arsenal can finish above their rivals come May.
"If you're not in the race you cannot lose it, if you declare yourself not in the race you cannot lose it, simple as that," he said.

"I think just that our job is to be ambitious and to try to win, if we do not win to take full responsibility for that. That's as simple as that and that's how I see it.

"I say yes we are in it, yes we will have a go for it, we will absolutely give everything to go for it and if we don't do it I will take responsibility for it, but I just see it like that."

Wenger added: "We live in a league and in a country where we have one advantage - everybody can think what he wants, (but) it is very difficult when you're first in the league to distract people."

The French manager said Arsenal are looking forward to putting the record straight against Liverpool this weekend in the FA Cup after they were thrashed 5-1 by the Reds at Anfield.
Wenger was asked during Friday's press conference whether Liverpool were the last team that his side wanted to play.
"No, it's the first team we want to play," Wenger answered.
"When you can put things right, what you want is an opportunity to do that and we have that opportunity."
And he dismissed claims that he was prioritising the FA Cup as he bids to end a barren run of nine years without a trophy.
"We will go for any competition we can and the FA Cup is one of the competitions, since it's our next game, of course, we will go for it."

ONeill

A good run out for the bench.

Bayern won 4-0 I think.

muppet

Lucky not to get stuck in the Webb today.

Dodgy penalty and Gerrard should have walked.

Kept Liverpool in it.
MWWSI 2017

cadhlancian

Dodgy penalty?? Liverpool should have had 3 penalties . 3 shots on goal at home, and Fabianski was motm. Enough said.

ONeill

muppet

Howard Webb believed the above to be a yellow card.

If Suarez hadn't jumped off his feet and gone down like he'd fallen off his stilettos, he might have had a case.

I'd like to see more Webb style penalty/no penalty decisions. Players should only 'go down' when they have been tripped or properly felled.
MWWSI 2017

Tony Baloney

A penalty shall only be awarded if you can show stud marks on your chest!

muppet

Quote from: Tony Baloney on February 16, 2014, 11:30:46 PM
A penalty shall only be awarded if you can show stud marks on your chest!

Now you have it.

After a long career, a player like Suarez should have a chest that looks like the surface of the moon.
MWWSI 2017

AZOffaly

Well done lads. I hope ye go on and win it now. I was happy with LFC's display in the second half, which is all I saw, and I thought the first peno was soft, but the second one was nailed on. Arsenal looked nervy in that second half, but still looked dangerous on counters and Oxade Chamberlain and Podolski give them a bit more direct threat I think.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 17, 2014, 10:02:31 AM
Well done lads. I hope ye go on and win it now. I was happy with LFC's display in the second half, which is all I saw, and I thought the first peno was soft, but the second one was nailed on. Arsenal looked nervy in that second half, but still looked dangerous on counters and Oxade Chamberlain and Podolski give them a bit more direct threat I think.

Cheers AZ, I for one don't understand why Podolski doesn't start more. The penalties were both penalties but if Suarez hadn't reacted like this, it surely would have been given.

#newbridgeornowhere