Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Same old Arsenal. Go one up then sit on it. What usually happens is they score 2-3 late on through sheer class. Hopefully.

Good to see Bender ahead of Theo.

Walcott the balax.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ONeill

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Captain Obvious

Everton the better team in the half. Its a while since Arsenal had so little possession of the ball.

J70

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 08, 2013, 04:48:57 PM
Everton the better team in the half. Its a while since Arsenal had so little possession of the ball.

I've only seen Barkley in the last couple of weeks. Looks a serious player. Reminds me of Gazza in his youth with his speed and balance and ability to play a nice through-ball on the run.

Dinny Breen

Arsenal could have won it could have lost it. Great equaliser from Everton. Lead stretched to 5 points.

Walcott did well with his air assist. Played well when he came on  ;)
#newbridgeornowhere

Main Street

It doesn't feel like a stretch, Dinny :)
Better chances fell to Arsenal though, that last one was freaky.

Lead "shrunk" to 5  (from a 7) with a couple of tough games coming up.

The Worker

Good game, fair result in the end.

Martinez proving again his managerial quality.

Main Street

Martinez doesn't really have to prove himself, he's already done that.
He had a very crafty win against Arsenal at the end of 2011/12 season,  made Arsenal sweat a bit for their annual complimentary CL spot.

The Worker

Quote from: Main Street on December 08, 2013, 06:26:50 PM
Martinez doesn't really have to prove himself, he's already done that.
He had a very crafty win against Arsenal at the end of 2011/12 season,  made Arsenal sweat a bit for their annual complimentary CL spot.

He is showing this year that he is capable of managing a team at the top end of the league, there were some question marks over this previously.

Main Street

Sure, to some extent, because he hasn't been with a team in this part of the table before.
I thought he had proved himself with Wigan and already more than proved himself with Everton.

The next step for him is Man U ;D  he's already too good for Everton.

The Worker

Quote from: Main Street on December 08, 2013, 07:01:49 PM
Sure, to some extent, because he hasn't been with a team in this part of the table before.
I thought he had proved himself with Wigan and already more than proved himself with Everton.

The next step for him is Man U ;D  he's already too good for Everton.

He had already proved himself to some extent, which is why I stated that he is proving AGAIN his managerial qualities. The last week has only enhanced his reputation.

Some would say he is already too good for utd  :P

Captain Obvious

Martinez was the manager that got Wigan relegated and the FA cup win shouldn't mask over that. He said no to Liverpool and later chose Everton if hes as good as some think then maybe Martinez can prove a point by finishing ahead of his neighbours this season.

laoislad

Quote from: Captain Obvious on December 08, 2013, 07:27:45 PM
Martinez was the manager that got Wigan relegated and the FA cup win shouldn't mask over that. He said no to Liverpool and later chose Everton if hes as good as some think then maybe Martinez can prove a point by finishing ahead of his neighbours this season.

Did he?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.