Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Liverpool won it.  An omen for the men? Ok maybe not.

ONeill

That was a very strong Arsenal performance. I liked Arteta and Flamini sitting in front of the back 4. That left Ozil, Ramsey, Rosicky and Giroud free to do what they want. When Theo, Cazorla, Podolski, Oxlade (and Wilshere) are fit there's a good opportunity for rotation.

Possible worries: Something happening to the back 4 or specifically the CBs (Verm an option). Giroud is also shouldering a lot of the weight up front.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Dinny Breen

It's like 1989 all over again.

Good point today I thought, West Brom were well set-up. Big few week coming up after the inter-lull. Promising start regardless. Giroud was quiet today and the lack of a plan B in those instances is the only worry.
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

If Arsene tops up the squad in Jan, Arsenal have a chance of doing something big this year. Flamini has been a cute buy. A Henrik Larsson type mid-season purchase would go down well.

AZOffaly

I said something similar back in May. Probably a bit premature for me to say I told you so though :)

ONeill

ONeill

Tony Baloney

ONeill

Now the big tests start. Arsenal have been blessed with a nice opening schedule.

Within the next month they meet Dortmund x2, Liverpool and Utd. We'll know then.

Still v worried at the back. After Flamini went off they crumbled.

Tony Baloney

Read an interview with Bergkamp in The Times today (he has an autobiography out/coming out). Went back to look at some of his highlights on youtube. What a player - sublime first touch.

ONeill

Ah he was deadly. Added a couple of years onto Wright's career and I believe made Henry.

That young lad at Utd has similar vision.

gawa316

If  Bara or Spain had scored that goal today you would've never heard the end of it.

Simply magnificant

Dinny Breen

Quote from: ONeill on October 20, 2013, 12:03:28 AM
Now the big tests start. Arsenal have been blessed with a nice opening schedule.

Within the next month they meet Dortmund x2, Liverpool and Utd. We'll know then.

Still v worried at the back. After Flamini went off they crumbled.

Sight exaggeration, they lost some of their shape for the 15 minutes either side of half-time but they still look organized and Arsenal now allow teams have the ball and hit them on the break, exemplified by Özil's goal after a lung-busting run. They are defending much better as a team this year.
#newbridgeornowhere