Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Not a Arsenal fan, but that result is a disgrace. No trophy in 7 years, it should have been a priority to win the Carling Cup this season especially as it was at the quarter Final stages  not a Mickey Mouse 3rd round tie.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 11, 2012, 10:38:00 PM
Not a Arsenal fan, but that result is a disgrace. No trophy in 7 years, it should have been a priority to win the Carling Cup this season especially as it was at the quarter Final stages  not a Mickey Mouse 3rd round tie.

In fairness Wenger put out a strong side. Which makes it an even worse result I suppose.

Walter Cronc

Jesus its like having Stockholm Syndrome with Wenger and Arsenal.

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Wegner is a great manager, world class and has been for ages, that said I think he has run his course at Arsenal, they are not going to win anything soon and I think a different gig with a different CL contender would rejuvenate him.

the top teams can lose in the Carling cup to lower teams, it happens because players switch off and managers don't make it a priority, this does not make the manager a bad un, nor should any rash decisions be made directly after this result.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on December 11, 2012, 11:36:02 PM
Wrexham
I remember the Mickey Thomas free-kick. Must be getting on for 20 years ago.

ONeill

He was 37 then. Seemed ancient at the time.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 12, 2012, 12:03:01 AM
Quote from: ONeill on December 11, 2012, 11:36:02 PM
Wrexham
I remember the Mickey Thomas free-kick. Must be getting on for 20 years ago.

Yes January 1992 and Arsenal were reigning league champions back then.

tyroneman

I don't support any EPL team but Arsenal were always the one I said I would happily pay to watch. Not now. Dull, predictable and insipid.

With no RvP to rescue them with a moment of madness or even Fabregas to actually drive in a straight line into the 18yd box they have become stultifying pedestrian.

One also has to question how Wenger seems unable to get any sort of decent football out of Gervinho, a former French player of the year I think? He looks like he has wandered in from netball or some other sport but surely can't be as inept as he appears.

Main Street

I wouldn't be too hard on the team, penalty shoot-outs are a lottery.

Dinny Breen

Something is rotten in the state of Arsenal.
#newbridgeornowhere

screenexile

Jonah

Quote from: Main Street on December 12, 2012, 10:16:43 AM

The fact that it went all the way to a penalty shootout against a Div 4 team is what's bad.

Main Street

Quote from: Jonah on December 13, 2012, 06:49:17 PM
Quote from: Main Street on December 12, 2012, 10:16:43 AM

The fact that it went all the way to a penalty shootout against a Div 4 team is what's bad.

Reaally, I must have missed that little detail ;D