Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 01, 2012, 11:45:04 PM
If they are set on selling their best players and not splashing out big money on buying the best players they will remain a viable business however will any manager make inroads under those circumstances?

Exactly. That's why Wenger will never be sacked. Why should he? In monetary terms their wage structure is light years behind the top clubs. Arsenal cannot compete.

However, his judgement on players is questionable now. Santos. Squillachi. Park. Denilson. Eboue. Almunia. Bender.

Gervinho was a player of the year. Arshavin was a clinker. Something is wrong.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Walter Cronc

Quote from: ONeill on December 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PM
If they are set on selling their best players and not splashing out big money on buying the best players they will remain a viable business however will any manager make inroads under those circumstances?

Exactly. That's why Wenger will never be sacked. Why should he? In monetary terms their wage structure is light years behind the top clubs. Arsenal cannot compete.

However, his judgement on players is questionable now. Santos. Squillachi. Park. Denilson. Eboue. Almunia. Bender.

Is it really light years behind?? I thought i heard it was like in the top 10 in europe in terms of expenditure. Ok they don't pay the huge salaries but they have a large squad with very poor players earning vast sums. The likes of Chamakh, Djourou, Squillaci, Bendtner all earn 50k plus which is criminal!!!For a long time I idolised Wenger but think he has to go at the end of the season. Arsenal are stuck in a rut and very easily could become the next Liverpool. Fans should also be turning their attention to silent Stan and gazidis who have got off to lightly in this whole debacle!!!

ONeill

They're in the top 10 because of the size of the wage bill which includes the largest squad in the EPL including London dwelling costs.

Yes- too many no-action players earning equal wages to the top players in the squad.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Walter Cronc on December 01, 2012, 11:57:56 PM
Quote from: ONeill on December 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PM

Arsenal are stuck in a rut and very easily could become the next Liverpool.

http://www.sincearsenallastwonatrophy.co.uk/

Puckoon

The gravy train of best players that we have sold is coming to a tremendous halt. Who have we left to lose? Wilshire?

Evil Genius

Quote from: ONeill on December 01, 2012, 11:50:25 PMThat's why Wenger will never be sacked. Why should he? In monetary terms their wage structure is light years behind the top clubs. Arsenal cannot compete.
Not claiming that Spurs are a "top club" or anything, but in recent seasons they've been reasonably competitive with Arsenal, despite paying considerably lower wages:

Last Updated: 26th November 2012

ARSENAL'S board will face more questions when bitter rivals Spurs release their figures for last season.

They are set to reveal Tottenham spent £1million less PER WEEK on wages than the Gunners.

Arsenal have already confirmed a wage hike of 15 per cent to £143.4m in 2011-2.

If reports are correct, that Spurs remained at their 2010-11 level of £91.1m — or below it — it would mean Arsenal spent £52m more to finish just a point ahead.

Some Arsenal fans will also see further evidence the club are not using their wage budget effectively.

There is particular dismay about "deadwood" like Marouane Chamakh, Sebastien Squillaci and Johan Djourou, who earn the best part of £150,000 per week between them but are yet to make a Premier League appearance this season.

Read more: http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/football/4664753/Arsenals-board-face-cash-quiz-furore-as-Spurs-release-figures.html#ixzz2DvIoAfbX
"If you come in here again, you'd better bring guns"
"We don't need guns"
"Yes you fuckin' do"

ONeill

Might have something to do with how many are on the payroll.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill

gerry

And this with nearly full strength team

tyroneman

Commentator saying Bradford don't look like a div2 team. Wrong. They look every inch a div2 team. However the brutal truth is... so do arsenal.

When did Wenger's team become so boring and so devoid of ideas.

Bar Wilshire, Sagna and maybe, maybe Carzola none of the rest of that overinflated squad would make the starting 11 at Citeh, Utd or Chelsea

gerry

Walter Cronc

laoislad

Quote from: tyroneman on December 11, 2012, 09:13:42 PM
Commentator saying Bradford don't look like a div2 team. Wrong. They look every inch a div2 team. However the brutal truth is... so do arsenal.

When did Wenger's team become so boring and so devoid of ideas.

Bar Wilshire, Sagna and maybe, maybe Carzola none of the rest of that overinflated squad would make the starting 11 at Citeh, Utd or Chelsea

They aren't a division 2 side, they are a League 2 side which is Divison 4!
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

ONeill