Official Gooners Thread - A New Hope

Started by Dinny Breen, November 10, 2006, 09:10:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

trileacman

Quote from: Windmill abu on September 05, 2012, 09:58:26 PM
should Mannone keep the Arsenal No 1 jersey when Szczesny is fit?

He has replaced the injured Szczesny in the Gunners last two Premier League games recording a clean sheet in both & he kept a club record six consecutive clean sheets with Hull last year
That's a record?
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Windmill abu

Quote from: trileacman on September 05, 2012, 10:00:36 PM
Quote from: Windmill abu on September 05, 2012, 09:58:26 PM
should Mannone keep the Arsenal No 1 jersey when Szczesny is fit?

He has replaced the injured Szczesny in the Gunners last two Premier League games recording a clean sheet in both & he kept a club record six consecutive clean sheets with Hull last year
That's a record?

for hull and most teenage boys
Never underestimate the power of complaining

ONeill

Wenger'll throw Chesney back in. He usually does that but wouldn't it be nice if he changed that policy and kept Mannone until he throws one into his own net in a big game.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

CorkMan

Fabregas back to Arsenal?

He's unhappy at Barcelona and apparently there was a clause in his contract when we sold him that we get first choice if Barca choose to sell him or if they sell him to someone else we get half the transfer fee.

Barca spent 35mil on him so you'd imagine they'd try to recoup most of that money if they do sell him. They won't do that by selling him to anyone other than Arsenal unless they get 60/70mil for him, which they won't. He can't be worth much more than 20/25mil.

So if Barcelona choose to sell him on rather than leave him unhappy at being a bit-part player in Spain, it wouldn't make sense, financially, to sell him to anyone other than Arsenal.

http://www.standardmedia.co.ke/?articleID=2000065604&story_title=Cesc-Fabregas-unhappy-at-Barcelona,-may-go-back-to-Arsenal

ONeill

Good performance today. Southampton look doomed already though.

Cazorla was some buy. Finds every pass. RVP would've thrived on it. Szczesney was the weak link though. Don't understand why Mannone was dropped, having not put a foot wrong so far this season.

gerry

God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Dinny Breen

#newbridgeornowhere

Dinny Breen

Hmm very little activity here, are Gooners all just pessimists and disciples of despair?

Excellent 3 points on Tuesday night, kind of game in the last few years Arsenal would have lost so augers well.

Anyhow good start to the season, nice balance to the attack and defence with a midfield that works very hard. Think the Arse will get a result against City maybe even sneak the three points as City seem to be lacking something so far this year.

#newbridgeornowhere

belleaqua

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 20, 2012, 11:27:00 AM
Hmm very little activity here, are Gooners all just pessimists and disciples of despair?

Excellent 3 points on Tuesday night, kind of game in the last few years Arsenal would have lost so augers well.

Anyhow good start to the season, nice balance to the attack and defence with a midfield that works very hard. Think the Arse will get a result against City maybe even sneak the three points as City seem to be lacking something so far this year.

The fear of getting too excited only to have hopes cruelly dashed I reckon. All going very promisingly so far but Sunday will be a big test irrespective of form.

Be brilliant to stay unbeaten over the next 2 games and after that all I would ask for is a goal from Giroud. If he gets a bit of confidence at all he could be the final piece.

Podolski has settled perfectly and I see somewhere that Gervinho needs one more goal to equal his tally of last season.

Dinny Breen

Should have beaten City yesterday, the BFG had a great game.

Arsenal will beat Chelsea.

Cazorla, what a buy!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

ONeill

Only saw bits yesterday but what is impressive this year is the work rate. No strutting or pouting. Jenkinson sums up the attitude.

I suppose you're right Dinny - positive attitude and all that. I like the fact that the penny has dropped re Walcott.

Game by game.

Puckoon

There's a lot to say, but fear of egg on your face is always there.
Jenkinson is having a few solid solid games. Arteta and Cazorla looking good, and for once even Ramsey looked good.

Get Giroud to bang a few in and we should do well.

Main Street

I watched the last 20 minutes of the game against Man City,
Arsenal looked contenders for the EPL title, not just a top 4 spot. The title is there for the taking.
Wenger is one relentless coach.

gerry

Let's hope we don't do a city tonight

Martinez, Miquel, Djorou, Angha, Yennarris, Coquelin, Santos, THE OX, Walcott, Arshavim, Giroud
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

ONeill